forum

Want to improve but I am unsure how

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SaucyPonyMemes
I play OSU! for about half a year now and I am still pretty bad at it which isn't much of a problem since it is a lot of fun anyways, but I am getting kinda frustrated lately because I stopped improving ( at least it feels like that ) 4* maps seem to be unpassable for pretty much every reason.

Especially "streams" or let's call them "stacks" ( alot of notes in one place ) are a big problem for me I already made it a habit to just spam my KB in hopes to hit them which is a bad habit I know but even when I spam as fast as I possibly can the game tells me that I am also hitting to slow and I don't know how to hit even faster then i do. ( can't alternate I only use 1 key )

I also tend to panic alot when maps get to fast for me which is the case for most 4*+ maps and my hands start to cramp and I just start to move my mouse in all directions for no reason. ( I am basically completely overwhelmed )

Everybody always says just play more but since I spent about 200 Hrs. playing and I am still stuck with 3.3*-3.7* maps I feel like I am either a lost cause or I should start to find a way to improve.
Currently I only play ~3.5* maps and some ~4.2* jump maps because other maps just instantly tilt me and make me not want to play the game.
Should I just play more difficult maps anyways or perhaps start playing difficult maps with NF so I actually can play the full map and not tilt as much?

If you have any suggestion on what I might be able to do I would really like to hear it.
Realmas

TFH Velvet wrote:

Especially "streams" or let's call them "stacks" ( alot of notes in one place ) are a big problem for me I already made it a habit to just spam my KB in hopes to hit them which is a bad habit I know but even when I spam as fast as I possibly can the game tells me that I am also hitting to slow and I don't know how to hit even faster then i do. ( can't alternate I only use 1 key )
???????

This is the issue.
Hum. You won't get far with only one key fam, bind a second one next to the one you're using and alternate those triples and bursts, that's pretty much how everyone plays. You just can't play this game with only one key.
You're not improving because of that, and if you start playing and alternating these stacks properly, you will be able to play soooo much more things and you wil improve a lot. Like really, with one key, you can't really do anything, and you're just limiting yourself to simple jump maps and such, which is like nothing compared to what this game has to offer.
Just alternate stacks, as simple as that.
Topic Starter
SaucyPonyMemes
I always avoided alternating because I couldn't coordinate my fingers at all but I guess I will get used to it after a while so I should probably learn how to do it.
Thanks.

Are there any practise maps for alternating or should I just practise on any map.
Realmas
You said that you're stuck around 4*, and that's because triples and bursts start to appear around this star rating. Just try alternating triples on these maps at first and it'll come naturally. If you struggle to do it properly, try playing low BPM maps to get used to alternating stacks.

So yeah, basically, just play a bit of everything (that you can aim well, that's not what you're training here), and alternate the stacks.

glhf