forum

How do you get your tablet in the right spot?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maytheforce
I started playing with tablet for the first time 4 days ago, and I've been playing A LOT. About 6 hours a day, at this point I think I am still a bit better with a mouse but once in awhile I think to myself "Wow, I might not have been able to do that with a mouse"...

Anyway, the main issue I am having with tablet is if I budge the tablet or my wrist out of position just SLIGHTLY my brain thinks it is in the same spot, so my aim is slightly off for all of the notes. This once happened when I was about to FC a song, but all of the sudden I completely missed every single note and failed because of this. After this happens, it can take me like 5-10mins to find that "sweet spot" again where it feels right.

Does anybody else have this issue? Will it get better for me as I get used to tablet? Should I move/change my play area? I have an xp pen g430s tablet and the play area is in the bottom right corner of the tablet 347 width and 195 height.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Just up your pen from the tablet and put the cursor at the "starting" point, instead move the tablet xD.
Semaphia

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Just up your pen from the tablet and put the cursor at the "starting" point, instead move the tablet xD.

Yup, this is what I do.

I put my hand in it's most natural & comfortable position, and then adjust the tablet so that the cursor sits right in the center of the screen.
Topic Starter
Maytheforce
I didn't think of that, I will try it thank you LOL
Wishes
I always put the tablet at the same location beside my laptop, and I use the corner of the tablet as where I put my wrist against, so it's always in the same spot.
- e - v - b-
keep it in the same location at all times (assuming you aren't using a laptop).

tape is your best friend in this situation
Semaphia

- e - v - b- wrote:

keep it in the same location at all times (assuming you aren't using a laptop).

tape is your best friend in this situation

Sadly not an option for me. I play too many games besides osu! & desk space is too limited to have enough room simultaneously for mouse & tablet.
Deva
Find the sweet spot and then tape your tablet to the desk. If it looks stupid but it works it ain't stupid.
TinyZfun
I can't be the only one who finds it more comfortable to have the tablet in front of the keyboard. Probably because I adjusted so much to playing on laptop. However months in with tablet play I do feel like experimenting and practicing with the tablet to the side to see the difference. People say to tape the tablet but I'm always traveling so my sweet spot is muscle memory where I place it every session.
Anaxii 3
bro think he googled :skull:

good necro btw