forum

Catch The Beat

posted
Total Posts
show more
Larto
Redo them? Haha, it seems like I totally suck with the default catcher so I guess I won't have a chance. AND I still don't know how exactly I "cheated" by using a Weegee catcher that even looks into the wrong direction. I guess from now on I'm gonna suck at fruits like for example Remmy does :/

MAYBE though I suck with the default catcher because I got used to using Weegee, and maybe I can use Weegee again when peppy allows fruits skins. :/

But I guess I just suck.
MooNiZZ
He will probably allow custom fruit skins after fixing the glitch, by using a larger catcher, you could, if it was large enough, stand still and FC every song, it's not your fault, since noone knew about this.

Just practice with the default catcher for now and you'll pwn me soon enough :)
Ashura43
Ehh Maybe It's Been Said Before Or Something But Don't You Think That Catch The beat Is Too Easy?
I Suggest To Make Precision Points For That Mode (Center Of Plate = 300, Little Farther = 100 And Edge = 50) It's SO Easy To Get 95% + On Precision On Nearly Any Song And By Doing This It Would Be A Lot More Challenging, What Do You Think?
Larto

Ashura43 wrote:

Ehh Maybe It's Been Said Before Or Something But Don't You Think That Catch The beat Is Too Easy?
I Suggest To Make Precision Points For That Mode (Center Of Plate = 300, Little Farther = 100 And Edge = 50) It's SO Easy To Get 95% + On Precision On Nearly Any Song And By Doing This It Would Be A Lot More Challenging, What Do You Think?
Why Are You Writing That Way.

And no, this isn't needed. If you want precision to be important, play with Hard Rock mod =D
Ashura43

Larto wrote:

Why Are You Writing That Way.
Sorry, it's a wrong habit... -_-
I'll try to get rid of it, and even hard rock isn't quite a challenge but oh well ^^ Thank you for your response and sorry for the no-where appearence ;P
MooNiZZ
Ashura, making it that way, it would be almost impossible to SS a song that's harder than [normal],
Have you actually tried playing some hard songs? Go try "Nice Boat", i don't think you'll even pass it.
I mean, if you just go play easy / normal songs it's not hard at all,

and saying hard rock isn't even challenging? You gotta be kidding me, try "porky of porky of porky of porky [Ultimate chimaera]" with hard rock, i don't think you'll get to the first break in your first tries.

Fruits is as hard as you make it, play MP with me and i'll kill you instantly :) <3

Don't say that fruits is easy, because it isn't, i find it challenging. Just play the right songs
Ashura43
Well, all the songs I tried were easy to get 90% and higher on the highest difficulty, it may be impossible to FC very difficult songs, but compare CTB and Taiko and you'll find a REALY great difference on accuracy. It's just my opinion, but I think that with a lot of practice, i couldn't even do 80% On Taiko. When you play CTB, all notes are automatic perfects when you hit them... with a lot of practice you could nail mostly every songs on S Or SS. Don't be mad at me because of that, I remind it's only my opinion.
MooNiZZ
that would mean it'll be almost impossible to pass some maps, by getting alot of 50's on some long trills since you can't move back and forth fast enough, it would kill you. so i vote no for that, i thought about it once before and no. i wouldn't like the idea. and alot of people wouldn't play it because it would be hard enough to pass songs on easy diff

you can't compare game modes to each other. if you like taiko, go play taiko.

It's like comparing death match with capture the flag wtf.

why i'm against it is because that people who just started playing fruits will stop playing, because it's to hard. it would take you weeks/months to get to a level where you can even pass HARD songs for most people.

myself, i want a challenge but, i'm thinking about all the other people who has a hard time passing normal songs right now.

Maybe peppy will come up with something good, who knows? He's the best after all xD
Lichatte
Maybe catch the beat is not so easy for Ryuuta...

based

blue kiby-kiby wrote:

Maybe catch the beat is not so easy for Ryuuta...
Freakin', saved, etc.
ArgenMax
this type of game, its amazing
love to play it all the time xD
Ryuukun
i started to only play this mode.
i hope its getting ranked.
MooNiZZ

Ryuukun wrote:

i started to only play this mode.
i hope its getting ranked.
It won't be ranked anymore than it is now.
morgannta
So it won't ever contribute to our ranked scores? That's a shame :(
Lilith_old
i love this game mode, this make me remember a ez2dj mode called ez2catch(too similiar)

(if somebody wants to make a beatmap from this song, i can provide mp3 and backgrounds (i have ez2dj HDD)but i cant rip background video.. it no easy)

its so funny, but i cant playit anymore on arcade, because developer got a lawsuit from konami.

christmas4477
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
maay
So, I've been away for some time... but what's with this automatic super dash (2x faster than normal dash?) at maps that were impossible to FC before? Aw, these maps were fun because people couldn't fc them :(
Dean
It's not 'fun' to not be able to full combo a map because of factors outside of playing skill (speed restriction, in this case). I like the speed boost.
maay
The cause as to why these maps couldn't be FC'd before means nothing imo, I personally preferred when there was a part at some beatmap that you couldn't catch all of the fruits, and thus had to choose between which fruits to go for, so as to get a higher score than the others... this would ask way more from the players than the new mode imo. Also, not to mention a lot of maps that were impossible to FC at CTB will have their highscores completely messed up now, too bad for the ones who worked hard for the nº 1 at those. :roll:
Dean
Most strategic elements in catching fruits to maximize your scores when not all fruits were catchable was minimal: it wasn't hard to figure out which paths netted a higher combo (thus a higher score). A new gameplay feature affects everyone equally, and whilst I do feel bad for players like dhumphrey, sk8terpoke, etc. who have a lot of impressive scores on maps with difficult and impossible jumps, we gain the ability to post new scores and fufill new potentials by adapting to this new technique.

New gameplay feature isn't completely devoid of skill, however. Maps like 1000 Phantasm and TAG4 maps likely provide even more of a challenge now because of the repeated use of hyperdash, when the optimal strategy USED to be to just stay on one side of the screen.

Spinners are basically designed to reward players with good judgement at what fruits are realistically catchable anyway (and the skill to actually get them), and it's no suprise that the top players are often the best spinners as well.
flan
i love CtB
maay

Dean7599 wrote:

Most strategic elements in catching fruits to maximize your scores when not all fruits were catchable was minimal: it wasn't hard to figure out which paths netted a higher combo (thus a higher score). A new gameplay feature affects everyone equally, and whilst I do feel bad for players like dhumphrey, sk8terpoke, etc. who have a lot of impressive scores on maps with difficult and impossible jumps, we gain the ability to post new scores and fufill new potentials by adapting to this new technique.
Yeah, that's actually my main concern, some jumps that were actually possible (even if really hard) to do before, now trigger the hyperdash, thus those jumps who could just be done by experienced players can now be done by 2-weekers. :(

Dean7599 wrote:

New gameplay feature isn't completely devoid of skill, however. Maps like 1000 Phantasm and TAG4 maps likely provide even more of a challenge now because of the repeated use of hyperdash, when the optimal strategy USED to be to just stay on one side of the screen.
I do agree there, the hyper dash made TAG4 maps actually fun to play in CtB.

Dean7599 wrote:

Spinners are basically designed to reward players with good judgement at what fruits are realistically catchable anyway (and the skill to actually get them), and it's no suprise that the top players are often the best spinners as well.
Yeah, well, spinners are mainly what determine who will have the highest score in case of multiples full combos and same mods, so yeah, I'd agree that the best players oftenly have the best spinners.
Dean
So, we're in agreeance (I think). Awesome!
IBlacKStaR
where i can download that mode??? :shock:
Frog
You don't download it... in the osu menu, click special then catch the beat.
IBlacKStaR
OOOH TY!!
:)
Joon
ctb it's very good mode

i love ctb XD
Subaru
This is the best game ever made by peppy. :D
I was totally impressed by the support of the CtB members :lol:
KEEP IT UP, MORE POWER TO CtB :)
bagnz0r

Dean7599 wrote:

Add to that additional input lag caused by "too much" hyperdash. Or possible jumps that have hyperdash on.
Proof? Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iaVCgfSm3Q

Now, watch this map using current build of osu. Reflect.
Cristian
Orly is too easy now to me and hardes to the noob's :3

:P

but the upgrade for example the red fruit is the best upgrade!! :!:
Asenath
I think there should be more CTB only maps, they are far harder than the made for OSU! and are better for people who is trying to improve their CTB skills instead of just getting more and more ranked score.

Kurisuchianu wrote:

I don't think so, hyper dash are annoying if there're too many, imo.
MMzz

Asenath wrote:

I think there should be more CTB only maps, they are far harder than the made for OSU! and are better for people who is trying to improve their CTB skills instead of just getting more and more ranked score.

Kurisuchianu wrote:

I don't think so, hyper dash are annoying if there're too many, imo.
CTB only maps have only been out for like month, there will be more to come.
Snuff_old
this was probably answered in one of the other pages but i skipped to the last page (idk why i felt like it) but i have two questions 1. Can you rank up by just playing CTB? 2. if not will there (sooner or later) be a time that you can? im really bad at regular osu lol but im awesome at CTB but i dont level up and i wish i could by just playing CTB
-David

Snuff wrote:

this was probably answered in one of the other pages but i skipped to the last page (idk why i felt like it) but i have two questions 1. Can you rank up by just playing CTB? 2. if not will there (sooner or later) be a time that you can? im really bad at regular osu lol but im awesome at CTB but i dont level up and i wish i could by just playing CTB
Snuff there are separate rankings for CTB, Taiko and osu!. Check on your profile and click the CTB tab to see your level and ranking. In-game only shows your osu! ranking.
Snuff_old

Davidz123 wrote:

Snuff wrote:

Snuff there are separate rankings for CTB, Taiko and osu!. Check on your profile and click the CTB tab to see your level and ranking. In-game only shows your osu! ranking.
thanks but is there a way to get it to show the CTB rank i dont like looking at how im only halfway to lvl 10 on osu :cry:
Chotki

Snuff wrote:

thanks but is there a way to get it to show the CTB rank i dont like looking at how im only halfway to lvl 10 on osu :cry:
You can't, but I wish you could.

Doubt it would happen since it's easy to swap between modes.
Wassaaaa
This is frustrating, I spent all maps of videogame pack volume 2 CTB mode and did not receive any
archivament, perhaps these archivaments only achieved in Osu way!? I think it will take less importance to
other 2 modes (taiko and CTB) I would like to change, also the problem that only shows the ranking as
osu in the game

sorry for my bad english u.u"
Claudia_old

Wassaaaa wrote:

This is frustrating, I spent all maps of videogame pack volume 2 CTB mode and did not receive any
archivament, perhaps these archivaments only achieved in Osu way!? I think it will take less importance to
other 2 modes (taiko and CTB) I would like to change, also the problem that only shows the ranking as
osu in the game

sorry for my bad english u.u"
yes, you can only achieve the packs through standard mode.

i find it annoying too, but I doubt it'll change.
Syriusz15
Hi, I'm pretty new Osu player and I found myself addicted to this game, but I have 1 question - I can't find an answer, so I came here.

When I play 'catch the beat' there is 1 thing which really bother me. For example map 'Yui - Life" (This is only an example this things happens on all maps).

I cleared this song perfectly and have 100% SS rank. I'm #47 and has 1 176 382 points. 318/318 combo.
But there are some people which clear this song perfectly too and have 300 000++ more points than me. How's that possible? There is even guy on second place who has only A rank and he is higher than me. In this song (I talk about easy level) there is only 1 place when frutis comes down and U dont have to catch all of them (I dunno how it's called, but I think U'll understand what I'm talking about). But even if everyone of this people cleared this 1 place perfectly - I doubt that will give them 300 000 points.

I checked buttons for this game, cause I thought that maybe I have to push some other buttons in order to get more points in some places, but I found only shift which makes my man faster.

Is there some other possibilites to gain points and I don't know about them?

Thx for taking the time to read this
Syriusz15
Mastodonio

Syriusz15 wrote:

Hi, I'm pretty new Osu player and I found myself addicted to this game, but I have 1 question - I can't find an answer, so I came here.

When I play 'catch the beat' there is 1 thing which really bother me. For example map 'Yui - Life" (This is only an example this things happens on all maps).

I cleared this song perfectly and have 100% SS rank. I'm #47 and has 1 176 382 points. 318/318 combo.
But there are some people which clear this song perfectly too and have 300 000++ more points than me. How's that possible? There is even guy on second place who has only A rank and he is higher than me. In this song (I talk about easy level) there is only 1 place when frutis comes down and U dont have to catch all of them (I dunno how it's called, but I think U'll understand what I'm talking about). But even if everyone of this people cleared this 1 place perfectly - I doubt that will give them 300 000 points.

I checked buttons for this game, cause I thought that maybe I have to push some other buttons in order to get more points in some places, but I found only shift which makes my man faster.

Is there some other possibilites to gain points and I don't know about them?

Thx for taking the time to read this
Syriusz15
Don't forget that there are mods in this game. You played with no mods and other people added 'hidden' or 'hardrock' or 'doubletime' or flashlight' and that is why their score is bigger than yours. So,don't forget about mods!
show more