forum

Catch The Beat

posted
Total Posts
show more
Q13
A fun mode. I seem to have problems with spinmers here too. XD Hard to catch so many fruits when the dash confuses you.
ZeroEightOne

James wrote:

How to have an A, B, or C rank?
I'm always getting SS or S... :(
Miss some droplets.
Plantifant

subzero14 wrote:

Catch The Beat mode is the easiest mode on here

True, but I think it's the funniest one.
I am only good at CTB too, though, Taiko and Osu! is way more skill and harder.
BUT, that's my opinion.
4th on the best of 2011 chart atm :)
Kurokami
I'm just started to play with ctb because I suck with standard. And it became my favorite mod. And the spinners are more easier here. :D
Mercurial

Shauni8 wrote:

I'm just started to play with ctb because I suck with standard. And it became my favorite mod. And the spinners are more easier here. :D

Mmmm... no.

peppy wrote:

Can I use different characters?
This is planned, and will most probably be available in the next release!
I'm waiting yet.
Disease_old_1
you can get custom catchers you know..
Yuki Hana-Chan

subzero14 wrote:

You obviously haven't met the big black yet on ctb...
DeathxShinigami

Yuki Hana-Chan wrote:

subzero14 wrote:

You obviously haven't met the big black yet on ctb...
Overall, it has the easiest learning curve. I shall never grasp this "Insane only" phase of the failed ctb community.
Plantifant

iMercurial wrote:

Shauni8 wrote:

Mmmm... no.

peppy wrote:

Can I use different characters?
This is planned, and will most probably be available in the next release!
I'm waiting yet.
Hmm, I think those spinners are easier. My opinion though.
Kurokami
If u started the spinner with low hp, yeah u will die, but if u are already good enough, its easier then in standard, I think. I get a miss after a spinner in standard ._. not always but sometimes.
XEPCOH

Shauni8 wrote:

If u started the spinner with low hp, yeah u will die, but if u are already good enough, its easier then in standard, I think. I get a miss after a spinner in standard ._. not always but sometimes.
BUY A TABLET.
ampzz
Discussing standard in the dedicated thread titled Catch The Beat... makes sense somehow?
Haneii

Shauni8 wrote:

I disagree, standard's easier. At least in standard you have a chance of seeing/reacting to ninja notes after spinners thanks to approach circles. In CtB, these ninja fruits just blend in with the spinner and next thing you know you hear a miss hitsound/see your combo reset T_T.
Kurokami

Haneii wrote:

I disagree, standard's easier. At least in standard you have a chance of seeing/reacting to ninja notes after spinners thanks to approach circles. In CtB, these ninja fruits just blend in with the spinner and next thing you know you hear a miss hitsound/see your combo reset T_T.
Just need to play more in ctb. o.o Well if I miss because of that, i will restart and I'm already know that note. \:D/ Thats all.
And I will not buy a tablet, cause I hate standard.
Plantifant

Zatoichi wrote:

Olinad wrote:

I can't play this game mode, Osu! just crashes when I try to do so :(
I can't play Catch the Beat, you're not fast enough to catch fruit and it isn't fun at all.

I can't play Battle Network, there's no connection between Lan and Megaman.EXE and all the games dramatically change the battle system.
CTB is fun :)
Marifune-kun
catching fruits is a fun thing to do. (even in real life) :D
Jinyan
ctb is the most easier gameplay at osu, but when the skin sometimes change, it's really sucks
Disease_old_1

jinchuu ya vizard wrote:

ctb is the most easier gameplay at osu, but when the skin sometimes change, it's really sucks
uh no
VelperK
CtB is the easiest mode. that's just the sad true.
Drafura

VelperK wrote:

Totally agree. But that doesn't mean there's no challenges in CtB or it's not fun.
PaiYuri
I tried CtB out yesterday. I was quite surprised how easy it actually is (while I fail the other special mode, Taiko, more than standard) and I got constantly S. It's also quite fun, but not as much as standard.

The low difficulty could be quite good. It should enable me to play maps on harder difficulties than easy without failing hard (unlike standard).
Tenshichan

Drafura wrote:

VelperK wrote:

Totally agree. But that doesn't mean there's no challenges in CtB or it's not fun.
Agreed. And if a map is too easy for you on insane there are always mods~
emonite

VelperK wrote:

That's...quite true actually.
- Rikkukun -
It's easy but with mods it's extremely hard.
Kurokami

- Rikkukun - wrote:

Maybe on higher levels. But until hard the mods are just helping.
MRJR_old
https://p.twimg.com/ArqPbFMCEAMjVd_.jpg

CtB can break your keyboard.

I Didn't even rage or anything. Just had some nice matches with raimoncortese, Venlas and 2nnt, when that suddenly happened. ;___;

CtB is awesome btw.
Drafura
RIP Left key
Kurokami

Drafura wrote:

RIP Left key
o.o
/me use phoenix down*
emergist

MRJR wrote:

https://p.twimg.com/ArqPbFMCEAMjVd_.jpg

CtB can break your keyboard.

I Didn't even rage or anything. Just had some nice matches with raimoncortese, Venlas and 2nnt, when that suddenly happened. ;___;

CtB is awesome btw.
It's terrible.
Katze

emergist wrote:

It's terrible.
Some people think its good, some don't.
I like it, even if its "easy", there are some pretty hard maps, which you can't fc on first try..
Kurokami

kathi wrote:

I like it, even if its "easy", there are some pretty hard maps, which you can't fc on first try..
Yeah, like TU4AR or Scarlet Rose. o.o
JeSsYkA_old

- Rikkukun - wrote:

Blodia Vulcan
CtB is as easy as standard, it all depends of the maps you are playing and the mods you are using.
Anyway, easy or hard, I like it because it is fun to play.

MRJR wrote:

CtB is awesome.
Azeidith

Kurokami wrote:

kathi wrote:

Yeah, like TU4AR or Scarlet Rose. o.o
or this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/293608&m=2 on the difficulty "kin's rain"
Dexus
MFW

why'd you necro this?
Laharl
Boredom is always a reason.
Winshley
R.I.P