forum

Skrillex - Rock N' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
EXAMS ARE ALMOST DONE o3o

On the other hand, Freezer, I followed some of your points, but I think the stacks can stay because they are for the most part 1/2 apart and pretty readable. I'll see if anyone else complains.
D33d
God damn it, mic. Every time I come to play [Insane], I can't tell how much of it is needlessly awkward and how much of it is me not being a very good player. I'll try to mod this soon, I swear.

By the way, Skrilly seems to be on the warpath for ranked maps. I don't know why it's only ranked maps, but you're gonna have to prepare yourself for this to crumble. The subject's been discussed to death in modhelp, so there'll hopefully be enough people with enough conviction and interest to contact the man directly.
Low
https://gist.github.com/peppy/65634825af9a9f237407

i'm sorry, MIC. this can't be ranked, i'm pretty sure
Cobra

jacob wrote:

https://gist.github.com/peppy/65634825af9a9f237407
whaaaaaat
Shohei Ohtani
10/10
Aurele
Indeed..

I am kinda sad for it..
Elisha_old
It was such a good map...
D:
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
BULLSHIT

UKCKWKSFJLAMDWMS
Nessuka
This can still get ranked since First of the year is still in the rankings BUT the osz is on a remote server.

If you're denied this then I'd suggest you might want to reconsider contributing beatmaps to the osu! community.
Shohei Ohtani

SuperMICrophone wrote:

BULLSHIT

UKCKWKSFJLAMDWMS
Low

Ijah wrote:

This can still get ranked since First of the year is still in the rankings BUT the osz is on a remote server.

If you're denied this then I'd suggest you might want to reconsider contributing beatmaps to the osu! community.
what the hell are you talking about
Aurele

jacob wrote:

Ijah wrote:

what the hell are you talking about
Kinda wondering too, lol
Maybe he's suggesting to put this beatmap on the community (maybe forum or whatever) instead of this BSS server. I don't get the other point anyway.
TrigonometrY

Ijah wrote:

It might be a good way, because result of played map is still stored, only download link was removed.
Nessuka

TrigonometrY wrote:

Ijah wrote:

It might be a good way, because result of played map is still stored, only download link was removed.
Someone understands \:D/

What I meant:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/56791
The download link was removed from the download button, but yesterday either the author or a moderator added a remote download link in the description (or first post as it were) to download it without getting osu! or peppy in any trouble.

However, someone has reverted that for some stupid reason and the first post no longer includes a download link.
This would have been fully legal and would have caused NO TROUBLE for peppy whatsoever, and if they really gave a fuck then they'd file a complaint to the remote site hosting the file.

And what I'm saying in the other part is that if because of this little copyright problem you refuse to rank an excellent map without trying some other method of distributing the map without it being on the BSS server, then I think the ranking system is a big pile of bollocks.

Ijah wrote:

What I meant:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/56791
The download link was removed from the download button, but yesterday either the author or a moderator added a remote download link in the description (or first post as it were) to download it without getting osu! or peppy in any trouble.

However, someone has reverted that for some stupid reason and the first post no longer includes a download link.
This would have been fully legal and would have caused NO TROUBLE for peppy whatsoever, and if they really gave a fuck then they'd file a complaint to the remote site hosting the file.
Wow, didn't see that one also removed.
Starz0r

CDFA wrote:

SuperMICrophone wrote:

BULLSHIT

UKCKWKSFJLAMDWMS
TicClick
gotta live through
Shohei Ohtani
Got to Live and Learn
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
can we do that though itd make me happy

plsplsplsplsplsplsplspls

also hahahah did anyone else notice rock 'n' roll wasnt on the infringement list

its like they said "oh this hasnt been ranked in over a year" and then decided it was dead
More like they're too lazy/didn't know to find any other Skrillex map on Pending or Graveyard.
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
but no really what do at this point? :(
Shohei Ohtani
The reason that only ranked maps were DMCA'd was because probably when they were searching for beatmaps, they didn't think to look inside of the "Pending/WIP/Graved" beatmaps. Especially since those aren't as heavily advertised as the Ranked/Approved beatmaps.

Mostly because I doubt a person working for the record label is very knowledgeable about stuff like that, since they more than likely don't play the game that often.
_dog
I do believe this map can still be ranked since Skrillex released this track a long time ago as a free track. It's even a free download link in his youtube video description. It was passed around as a promotional track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOofWzI3flA Check Description.

Hope this can get cleared up.
Shohei Ohtani
hahaha its happening omg
Avena
Not really a mod, but maybe try AR9 (and even HP6, since the drain is kinda annoying in certain parts that don't have THAT many notes)
Roxas

TheGrimOfCrazy wrote:

I do believe this map can still be ranked since Skrillex released this track a long time ago as a free track. It's even a free download link in his youtube video description. It was passed around as a promotional track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOofWzI3flA Check Description.

Hope this can get cleared up.
That link redirect to iTunes page...
Shohei Ohtani
maybe you should make a phone call to Skrillex INC and be like "i want map rank pls help"
Roxas

CDFA wrote:

maybe you should make a phone call to Skrillex INC and be like "i want map rank pls help"
+999999999999999
Stefan

Roxas wrote:

CDFA wrote:

+999999999999999

Anyway I still hate Skrillex, so.
BounceBabe

Stefan wrote:

Anyway I still hate Skrillex, so.
Stefan xD
VelperK
RIP
-Ryuujii-

WasteK wrote:

RIP
:(
Hyperspace

SuperMICrophone wrote:

BULLSHIT

UKCKWKSFJLAMDWMS
TicClick
hey smic how it's going
Topic Starter
SuperMIC

TicClick wrote:

hey smic how it's going
i haven't played in months
TicClick
that's negligible
Arf

Hakard wrote:

SuperMICrophone wrote:

BULLSHIT

UKCKWKSFJLAMDWMS
I knew this would come back. I friggin knew it.
Constantine
\omg its alive/

gogogogogo
TicClick
http://puu.sh/mWYah/7e0977d023.zip
by the way, the correct title is: Rock N' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain) (source)
show more