forum

Skrillex - Rock N' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)

posted
Total Posts
show more
VelperK
Can I do a CtB guest difficulty?
Mrscookie
nice beatmap
the skin is good and the timing is perfect
Cancel
On hard, there are really too many streams. Consider making less harder streams, to keep the spread in order.
It's okay, though. It's not that hard to play, since this song has relatively average BPM (not too slow nor too fast)

and because I love Tick's way to place streams <3

fak new page
Aleks719
General
resolution of reversearrow.png should be exactly 128x128 (currently 125x125).
there is additional space in TicClick's diff between "TicClick Scary", remove it.
i think your offset is early a bit. i'd use +5 to yours. so 0.

Insane
AR8 for so many streamy parts? i'd say ar9, but up to you
01:00:932 (4,5,6,7) - in places like that your whistles sound off, 01:01:401 (6) - whistle should be set to the start, not to the end, also + sliderbodywhistle there. there are few places like that, rest sounds good, just try to follow music~ (yes i'm too lazy to pick all of them orz)
02:20:737 - you have a break is a same place in music before
02:28:120 (1) - two different sliderspeeds on one slider is unrankable
02:37:963 (2,3) - that's how it should be imo http://puu.sh/2Hp99.jpg
02:39:213 - very strong 1/6, i'd add two notes or slider : http://puu.sh/2Hpcs.jpg
02:42:182 (7) - whistle in the miiddle of slider sounds awkward
02:51:791 (6) - 5% of volume for note is unrankable, everything should be hearable, 20% here as min, reaise volume for nex soft section too
overall: some places with sliderspeed changes feel unnatural. i'd call it overusing, but oh well, it looks good on kiai time

TicCl!ck's Hard
cool diff, nothing to say. only one : if mapper will change ar in insane to 9, better increase ar here to 8.

Normal
00:16:870 (1,2) - spacing
00:27:182 (2,3,4) - hard to read, use slider+reverse instead?
01:25:541 - i'd add note here + whistle
01:31:401 (3) - beeter replace nc here from next note, it follows music more
01:32:573 (4) - suggest to remove(it's off from those 1/2 sounds)
01:46:401 (3,1,2,3) - ^ same
70% only? is it unfinished? oO

Easy
00:35:620 (1,2) - different quantity of reverses is bad for Easy. turn 2 into 2 regular sliders
01:02:807 (3,4,1,2) - stacks with different time (1/1 and 1/2 here) is bad too, try to avoid it, as example, stacks olny for 1/2, 1/1 - regular spacing. oh wait, you use more 1/1 later, unstack 1/2 less work for you~
01:39:370 (1,2) - ^
02:35:620 (1,2) - hidden stacks are not welcome is Easy, change if possible
02:50:620 (1,2,3) - ^
03:05:620 (1) - imo, finish fits better than whistle here
03:36:557 (2,3,1) - why so close to each other? oO

i'd give "star" icon, but unfinished normal makes me sad.
VelperK
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
pls revive it ;_;
Sister Jude
We want rank!!!!
Martin96
All finally clear. :D
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
Aleks, I followed most of your points, thanks for mod. o3o

feel free to star

everyone can now cheer

i finally resized the arrow by 3 pixels

still dont see the point, but professionalism is okay! \:D/]

---

oh and normals done

so FINALLY

we can actually try to rank this! \:D/
VelperK
Pls add this in description ;_;

http://puu.sh/2GpLo.osz
Nessuka
Awesome <3
Irreversible
Hi, Random mod because i found some things that maybe could help you, feel free to ignore them ^-^

[Insane]

00:16:171 (4) - I would move this to x:500 y:312. The reason is: It looks better with the next slider. Of course, yeah, it is harder to play, but with the direction of 00:15:703 (3) - you have to get there somehow anyway, just now you have to move your mouse a bit faster.
00:23:906 (8) - Just for aestetics (or however this is written): Move this a bit to the left.
00:38:437 (3,3) - I would add new combo here, just to get really sure that there is a SV change.
00:57:187 (7,8,9,10) - I don't think this extended sliders are needed, I think if you make them 1/4 shorter it will still be awesome to play (imo even better, i like listening to them more than the current version)
Not sure about that but:
01:25:546 (1) - remove NC
01:26:250 (2) - add NC

02:03:750 (1,2,3,4) - Between 1 and 2 i can see a rotation, but not at the others, why? I think it would fit
02:14:660 - You added SV changes here too, same NC suggestions as above
02:50:625 (1,2,3,4,5) - You can definetly improve that Star pattern, it looks weird (maybe its just me XD)

You really did a nice job here, the map is really very fitting with the song :D Sorry for the mod, but i felt like it :c, as I said, feel free to ignore

[TicClicks Hard]

00:50:625 (1) - Move this one to x: 128 y: 184? It would flow pretty well with the previous slider

Lol, that's the only suggestion i have so far, xD I really like the stacks!

[Normal]

AI Mod tells something about the spacing (cross the tick Distance Snap) Maybe you should check that, not sure if AI Mod is right oô

[Easy]

Same for easy! (as in normal)

Normal and Easy look fine for me, good luck for rank! :D

take my star for this awesome job :3
Topic Starter
SuperMIC

Irreversible wrote:

Hi, Random mod because i found some things that maybe could help you, feel free to ignore them ^-^

[Insane]

00:16:171 (4) - I would move this to x:500 y:312. The reason is: It looks better with the next slider. Of course, yeah, it is harder to play, but with the direction of 00:15:703 (3) - you have to get there somehow anyway, just now you have to move your mouse a bit faster. Flows well, done!
00:23:906 (8) - Just for aestetics (or however this is written): Move this a bit to the left. you missed an 'h' ;) aesthetics. anyhow, i moved it a bit further to the left. not much, because it's supposed to play like a stack!
00:38:437 (3,3) - I would add new combo here, just to get really sure that there is a SV change. agreed. done.
00:57:187 (7,8,9,10) - I don't think this extended sliders are needed, I think if you make them 1/4 shorter it will still be awesome to play (imo even better, i like listening to them more than the current version) oh dear, this has been an on-going issue with these 1/6 sliders. obviously I added them in and that means I thought they looked and played fine and I still think they do. at this point, I think it's just a matter of preferance. :s i have some people telling me to change and some people telling me to keep. im going to stick to my gut and keep it for now i think XD
Not sure about that but:
01:25:546 (1) - remove NC oh, nice catch. done and
01:26:250 (2) - add NC done

02:03:750 (1,2,3,4) - Between 1 and 2 i can see a rotation, but not at the others, why? I think it would fit remapped this pattern.
02:14:660 - You added SV changes here too, same NC suggestions as above le done
02:50:625 (1,2,3,4,5) - You can definetly improve that Star pattern, it looks weird (maybe its just me XD) waaaat how? :c

You really did a nice job here, the map is really very fitting with the song :D Sorry for the mod, but i felt like it :c, as I said, feel free to ignore never feel bad for modding! :o a mapper saying he doesnt want a mod is like saying you dont want free money and bacon. :3

[TicClicks Hard]

00:50:625 (1) - Move this one to x: 128 y: 184? It would flow pretty well with the previous slider fixed it upon his request :p also adjusted the angle of (3)

Lol, that's the only suggestion i have so far, xD I really like the stacks!

[Normal]

AI Mod tells something about the spacing (cross the tick Distance Snap) Maybe you should check that, not sure if AI Mod is right oô

[Easy]

Same for easy! (as in normal)

Normal and Easy look fine for me, good luck for rank! :D yay :D

AIMod didn't show anything for me. :o

take my star for this awesome job :3
Thank you so much for the mod and star! :D
Irreversible
LOL first i was like wtf everything written in red, gg xDD but cool that you changed nearly everything :)
Deventious
Good luck! :)
VelperK
oh gosh i came with that image. thx xD

also, good luck. Just a little more for rank!
FrzR
Hi~ Just wanted to try modding this map. I wub this song. :>
Ignore this if its not that good. ^^

[Easy]

If possible, please maintain proper distance snapping on Easy Difficulties. It could also aid the flow of the map :)

02:32:812 - Add note here with Clap Hitsound. Sounds better and has some nice flow in it.
02:40:312 (2) - Suggest not stacking it on the slider?
02:47:812 (4) - Same as the 1st one.
03:25:312 (3) - Same with 2nd.

[Normal]

00:58:593 (2) - Suggest moving this to X: 100 Y: 372 to have a better blanket. :)
02:24:375 (1) - Another Stack.
02:31:875 (1) - ^ Sorry, i feel like stacking these sliders can give trouble to some beginners.
02:45:000 (1) - Might wanna move this slider? It overlaps 02:45:937 (2).

The rest are already good. Just some minor problems that i hope could be fixed.
Good luck on your map!!
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
EXAMS ARE ALMOST DONE o3o

On the other hand, Freezer, I followed some of your points, but I think the stacks can stay because they are for the most part 1/2 apart and pretty readable. I'll see if anyone else complains.
D33d
God damn it, mic. Every time I come to play [Insane], I can't tell how much of it is needlessly awkward and how much of it is me not being a very good player. I'll try to mod this soon, I swear.

By the way, Skrilly seems to be on the warpath for ranked maps. I don't know why it's only ranked maps, but you're gonna have to prepare yourself for this to crumble. The subject's been discussed to death in modhelp, so there'll hopefully be enough people with enough conviction and interest to contact the man directly.
Low
https://gist.github.com/peppy/65634825af9a9f237407

i'm sorry, MIC. this can't be ranked, i'm pretty sure
Cobra

jacob wrote:

https://gist.github.com/peppy/65634825af9a9f237407
whaaaaaat
Shohei Ohtani
10/10
Aurele
Indeed..

I am kinda sad for it..
Elisha_old
It was such a good map...
D:
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
BULLSHIT

UKCKWKSFJLAMDWMS
Nessuka
This can still get ranked since First of the year is still in the rankings BUT the osz is on a remote server.

If you're denied this then I'd suggest you might want to reconsider contributing beatmaps to the osu! community.
Shohei Ohtani

SuperMICrophone wrote:

BULLSHIT

UKCKWKSFJLAMDWMS
Low

Ijah wrote:

This can still get ranked since First of the year is still in the rankings BUT the osz is on a remote server.

If you're denied this then I'd suggest you might want to reconsider contributing beatmaps to the osu! community.
what the hell are you talking about
Aurele

jacob wrote:

Ijah wrote:

what the hell are you talking about
Kinda wondering too, lol
Maybe he's suggesting to put this beatmap on the community (maybe forum or whatever) instead of this BSS server. I don't get the other point anyway.
TrigonometrY

Ijah wrote:

It might be a good way, because result of played map is still stored, only download link was removed.
Nessuka

TrigonometrY wrote:

Ijah wrote:

It might be a good way, because result of played map is still stored, only download link was removed.
Someone understands \:D/

What I meant:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/56791
The download link was removed from the download button, but yesterday either the author or a moderator added a remote download link in the description (or first post as it were) to download it without getting osu! or peppy in any trouble.

However, someone has reverted that for some stupid reason and the first post no longer includes a download link.
This would have been fully legal and would have caused NO TROUBLE for peppy whatsoever, and if they really gave a fuck then they'd file a complaint to the remote site hosting the file.

And what I'm saying in the other part is that if because of this little copyright problem you refuse to rank an excellent map without trying some other method of distributing the map without it being on the BSS server, then I think the ranking system is a big pile of bollocks.

Ijah wrote:

What I meant:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/56791
The download link was removed from the download button, but yesterday either the author or a moderator added a remote download link in the description (or first post as it were) to download it without getting osu! or peppy in any trouble.

However, someone has reverted that for some stupid reason and the first post no longer includes a download link.
This would have been fully legal and would have caused NO TROUBLE for peppy whatsoever, and if they really gave a fuck then they'd file a complaint to the remote site hosting the file.
Wow, didn't see that one also removed.
Starz0r

CDFA wrote:

SuperMICrophone wrote:

BULLSHIT

UKCKWKSFJLAMDWMS
TicClick
gotta live through
Shohei Ohtani
Got to Live and Learn
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
can we do that though itd make me happy

plsplsplsplsplsplsplspls

also hahahah did anyone else notice rock 'n' roll wasnt on the infringement list

its like they said "oh this hasnt been ranked in over a year" and then decided it was dead
More like they're too lazy/didn't know to find any other Skrillex map on Pending or Graveyard.
Topic Starter
SuperMIC
but no really what do at this point? :(
Shohei Ohtani
The reason that only ranked maps were DMCA'd was because probably when they were searching for beatmaps, they didn't think to look inside of the "Pending/WIP/Graved" beatmaps. Especially since those aren't as heavily advertised as the Ranked/Approved beatmaps.

Mostly because I doubt a person working for the record label is very knowledgeable about stuff like that, since they more than likely don't play the game that often.
show more