forum

Changing from Wacom drivers to custom drivers help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Invictimos
So recently I have switched to the reddit custom drivers for tablets (I am currently using a Wacom CTH-480 tablet), and have definitely noticed a huge change in input latency and overall aiming.

My aim certainly feels a lot "faster" due to the lack of artificial smoothing from the stock drivers. I have previously used the 6.3.15-1 version of the Wacom drivers, which certainly feels like a huge change when compared to the new ones. However, I have begin to play much worse after switching to the new drivers as I noticed that I was missing considerably more notes than before, even on maps I would've considered "easy" or at least "FCable" (around the 5-5.5* difficulties which I could comfortably FC with decent accuracy before I switched drivers).

Has anyone else had a similar experience when switching to the custom drivers? I have kept my active area unchanged if this matters. If so, please give me your experiences from switching drivers. How long did it take you to adjust (or if you've had to adjust at all)? Did you play better or worse? If you did worse, how long did it take you to reach the same level of gameplay as before, and did you find it beneficial in the long-run?

Any advice and feedback is much appreciated!
Piefayth
I adjusted in a day or two. Definitely had a lot of "overaim" from the driver at first. Stick with it; anecdotally, I've improved much faster on the new drivers.
Wishes
I am using a Huion H420 tablet, but there was a similar feeling when I switched to the custom drivers. But I got used to it in a few days and overall it was better for my aim after I adjusted to it.