forum

Jake Almond - Karoshi Factory In Game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Madball
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 5 декабря 2012 г. at 18:30:55

Artist: Jake Almond
Title: Karoshi Factory In Game
Source: Karoshi Factory
Tags: videogame soundtrack
BPM: 120,7
Filesize: 5512kb
Play Time: 03:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Harakiri (4,56 stars, 280 notes)
  2. Karoshi (5 stars, 527 notes)
  3. Seppuku (3 stars, 190 notes)
  4. Suicide (0,52 stars, 104 notes)
Download: Jake Almond - Karoshi Factory In Game
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Well, it`s my first beatmap... what should i say... Hello!

Suicide = Easy
Seppuku = Normal
Harakiri = Hard
Karoshi = Insane
jossieP
genre is changed by BAT that rank a map, you cant currently
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
lol that game.

I have not much to say, but you need to make the BG 1024x768, because 960x640 is unrankable.

Also, you need to change the black combo color because I can't see approach circles when playing.

Uh and to improve your mapping, you should first look at some ranked maps in edit mode and see how they place their notes. I highly recommended wcx19911123's maps which are of great quality and good enough for beginner mappers to learn from.

That's all, good luck on your map :) :)

Cygnus
  • General
  1. Remove Game in Tags in [Karushi] Diff.

2. Inconsistent Kiai. You might want to end the 3nd Kiai in Suicide on 01:51:350.

3. Inconsistency in Countdown. I suggest you use 1 so change Seppuku and Suicide's Countdown. Instead of 2, use 1.

4. I can't mod your map, despite of having lots of suggestions. But my main suggestion only is that you should remap try to fix all the spacing in every diff of your map. Almost all of them are inconsistent, and some are just notes placed everywhere. Please use the method of distance snapping to have a better flow of notes.
Topic Starter
Madball

Philippines wrote:

• General
  1. Remove Game in Tags in [Karushi] Diff. - whoops, fixed

2. Inconsistent Kiai. You might want to end the 3nd Kiai in Suicide on 01:51:350. - whether you meant 2nd or 3rd, there is only 1 Kiai. And it ends on 01:51:350

3. Inconsistency in Countdown. I suggest you use 1 so change Seppuku and Suicide's Countdown. Instead of 2, use 1. - I don't know what 1 and 2 means, but I changed Seppuku and Suicide's Countdown (I guess it's a bit hard to name difficulties like that). Is 1 normal, is 2 half?

4. I can't mod your map, despite of having lots of suggestions. But my main suggestion only is that you should remap try to fix all the spacing in every diff of your map. Almost all of them are inconsistent, and some are just notes placed everywhere. Please use the method of distance snapping to have a better flow of notes. - fixed everything suggested by AI but jump on 02:56:967
haha5957
[General]
- Is the Song name really Karashi Factory in game? I don't think so, make sure if this is real song name, and if so, then well.

Since this seems like your first beatmap, and I don't think i can mod this one-by-one, because frankly, this map needs a remap as current state.
Don't be Offended, I'm not saying you are bad or something like that, every mapper experiances this. I was much more worse then this, so again, don't be offended pleae 'o'/

I want to tell some tips on mapping :

- Try to use Grid level 4. it can give you much better distance snaps .
- Learn from RECENTLY RANKED MAPS and try to see what's so much different from your map. likely, the ranked maps should have some kind of "flow" that fits to the song, and sliders would be much in order and has preety shape.
(plus , usually, old maps aren't that great as much especially when the map's number is <10000, because the mapping community wasn't big as now)
- Currently, your map is mapped on too much center-organized. which is, your map doesn't have flow as it is now. try to make some kind of "flow".
- Try to use some nicely curved sliders. you can understand what this means by looking at some resently reanked maps.
- Don't place beats randomly.
- Try not to place circles on previous slider's path. stacking it with endpoint or starting point might be okay

You can contact me again upon your rework if you want 'o'/

again the point is try to learn about the nicely curved sliders and map's flow on recent maps, (map number 25000 or higher should be fine)
and try to make somehow like them~ (because, you need to learn general things about mapping before you look for your style)

I hope I can see this map improved!
Topic Starter
Madball

haha5957 wrote:

[General]
- Is the Song name really Karashi Factory in game? I don't think so, make sure if this is real song name, and if so, then well. - I don't know. But I took the name from the original .mp3 file that was used by the game.

Since this seems like your first beatmap, and I don't think i can mod this one-by-one, because frankly, this map needs a remap as current state.
Don't be Offended, I'm not saying you are bad or something like that, every mapper experiances this. I was much more worse then this, so again, don't be offended pleae 'o'/
- OK

I want to tell some tips on mapping :

- Try to use Grid level 4. it can give you much better distance snaps . - OK
- Learn from RECENTLY RANKED MAPS and try to see what's so much different from your map. likely, the ranked maps should have some kind of "flow" that fits to the song, and sliders would be much in order and has preety shape. - OK
(plus , usually, old maps aren't that great as much especially when the map's number is <10000, because the mapping community wasn't big as now)
- Currently, your map is mapped on too much center-organized. which is, your map doesn't have flow as it is now. try to make some kind of "flow". - OK
- Try to use some nicely curved sliders. you can understand what this means by looking at some resently reanked maps. - OK
- Don't place beats randomly. - Where?? 00:23:363? Yes, it's a bit random, but it follows the drums. Somewhere else?
- Try not to place circles on previous slider's path. stacking it with endpoint or starting point might be okay - OK

You can contact me again upon your rework if you want 'o'/ - OK

again the point is try to learn about the nicely curved sliders and map's flow on recent maps, (map number 25000 or higher should be fine)
and try to make somehow like them~ (because, you need to learn general things about mapping before you look for your style) - OK

I hope I can see this map improved!
Remapping in progress ;)

Before I felt like the song is slow/has too little beats. Looking at a beatmap with a similar pace I understood that I sometimes have to place notes (sliders) following not the music, but the beats. Like, the music is oxxooxxxooooxxxx, and I map it like o-ooo-oxooooxxxx (where o are circles and o-o are sliders). It's okay, isn't it?
SuperMIC
This map could be awesome but it's way too repetitive. Using the EXACT SAME pattern and mapping OVER AND OVER again makes a map really boring... ;_;
Topic Starter
Madball
Remapped. Didn't finish the taiko thought.
Sorry for being inactive. It was summer after all.
haha5957
5 months old recheck? \:D/ ok.

honestly I can't remember how this map was, but this is the impression I'm getting :

- Pattern alone are now good, but they don't combine well. ex:)
00:31:814 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this is good
00:33:802 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this is also fine
but

00:31:814 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this isn't good. Idk how i should explain... a pattern standalone is good, but when combined, it looks little ugly.

maybe due to this :
do you see a big red circle there? almost all of your pattern are kinda squashed into that red-circle area, and it makes the map look little ugly.
try placing some patterns on blue-circle area, It would make this map look better then before.

one example : http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/502670 on 00:34:672 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -

Pattern itself are now kinda good, so you don't necessarily need to remap or something, just try spliting up some patterns and I'm sure it'll look better!

good luck again then~
Topic Starter
Madball
I've modified the Karoshi diff and added the Harakiri diff. The beatmap is complete.
It seems that the countdown for Karoshi and Harakiri diffs is badly timed. I wonder how can I fix it (and why it happened).
TrigonometrY
Hello from #modreqs!

[General]
Аккуратные, красивые слайдеры.
В конце неплохо бы добавить ещё kiai. Например, с 03:02:933 и до конца карты.

[Suicide]
00:23:363 (4) - я бы оставил clap только посередине
Нежелательно размещать объекты на красных тиках на Изи (новички, как правило, настраиваются на один ритм и выбивают его). К примеру, здесь 00:31:814 (1) - лучше так:
00:42:502 (2) -
01:09:594 (3) - может, наложить примерно так?
01:17:548 (3) - ^
01:32:212 (1) - на белый тик слева
01:39:420 (1,2) - постарайся наложить лучше
01:54:084 (2) - на правый белый тик
01:57:315 - добавь ноту
01:58:062 (2) - на правый белый тик
02:02:038 (4) - ^
02:45:783 (4) - ^ и удлини до правого белого тика
02:53:488 (3) - удлини аналогично
02:56:967 (3) - по музыке подходит, но большая вероятность, что новичок собьёт комбо. Если и повышать скорость, то до 1,25 максимум, а лучше оставить это для харда/инсейна

[Seppuku]
01:29:478 (3) - убери его из-под 01:28:235 (1,2)
01:32:212 (4) - как вариант:

[Harakiri]
HP Drain Rate - 7
Approach Rate - 7
Overall Difficulty - 6
01:21:524 (5,6,7,8) - щикарно
03:16:851 (1) - сократи спиннер до белого тика слева

[Karoshi]
01:21:524 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - такие стримы разбавить бы хитсаундами. К примеру, на 01:21:772 (3,7,11,15) - свистки

Хорошая карта, удачи с ней.
Topic Starter
Madball

TrigonometrY wrote:

Hello from #modreqs!

[General]
Аккуратные, красивые слайдеры.
В конце неплохо бы добавить ещё kiai. Например, с 03:02:933 и до конца карты. - Ну ок.

[Suicide]
00:23:363 (4) - я бы оставил clap только посередине - Хм... Я бы нет.
Нежелательно размещать объекты на красных тиках на Изи (новички, как правило, настраиваются на один ритм и выбивают его). К примеру, здесь 00:31:814 (1) - лучше так: - Так и сделал.
00:42:502 (2) - Сделал.
01:09:594 (3) - может, наложить примерно так? - Наложил
01:17:548 (3) - ^ - Сделал
01:32:212 (1) - на белый тик слева - Поместил справа.
01:39:420 (1,2) - постарайся наложить лучше - Наложил.
01:54:084 (2) - на правый белый тик - Сделал.
01:57:315 - добавь ноту - Ок.
01:58:062 (2) - на правый белый тик - Сделал.
02:02:038 (4) - ^ - ^
02:45:783 (4) - ^ и удлини до правого белого тика - Сделал.
02:53:488 (3) - удлини аналогично - Удлинил.
02:56:967 (3) - по музыке подходит, но большая вероятность, что новичок собьёт комбо. Если и повышать скорость, то до 1,25 максимум, а лучше оставить это для харда/инсейна - Ну ок.

[Seppuku]
01:29:478 (3) - убери его из-под 01:28:235 (1,2) - Убрал.
01:32:212 (4) - как вариант: - Сделал так, но повернул.

[Harakiri]
HP Drain Rate - 7 - Ок.
Approach Rate - 7 - Ок.
Overall Difficulty - 6 - Ок.
01:21:524 (5,6,7,8) - щикарно - :)
03:16:851 (1) - сократи спиннер до белого тика слева - Ах да.

[Karoshi]
01:21:524 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - такие стримы разбавить бы хитсаундами. К примеру, на 01:21:772 (3,7,11,15) - свистки - Поставил.

Хорошая карта, удачи с ней.
TrigonometrY
Если мод помог - неплохо бы дать кудосу
riffy

TrigonometrY wrote:

Неплохо использовать для этого личные сообщения.

Hi-hi!~

[General]
  1. Тэги добавь: videogame soundtrack (это же саунд из игры, да?)
  2. Countdown (Settings>Storyboarding) здесь не нужен, мне кажется. Уж больно не очень звучит это 3 2 1 go
  3. Было бы здорово использовать тик рейт 2 для всех сложностей, а то у тебя получается, что на легких сложностях тикает меньше :/
  4. было бы здорово, если б я знал какая сложность есть что. Т.е. в слове автора нужно указать сложности. например Suicide = Easy и так далее
[Karoshi]
  1. Очень не нравятся левые 1/4 ноты (стримы) без уменьшения спэйсинга. Проще говоря, у тебя половина стримов с одним спэйсингом, половина с другим. 01:10:091 (3,4,5,6) - 01:12:328 (4,5,6,7,8) - разные, но похожи! Почему? они что, рандомом что ли проставлены? :V
  2. 01:51:350 (2) - а это неранкабильный баг, тут нужно новое комбо. (если ты кликнешь по объекту, то заметишь, что индикатор New Combo не горит, хотя цифра на ноте (1). просто поставь Новое комбо, да. такой баг кстати еще встречался на других сложностях, их тоже проверь.
  3. Джампы: ну прыжки их еще называют, они.. эм.. Должны быть менее рандомны, пример - 02:56:967 (1,2,1,2) - постарайся сделать так, чтоб оно было читаемым. Например: обычный спэйсинг - х1.2 а для джампов х1.7 или х2.3 по ритму. Так, чтобы оно легко игралось
  4. 01:28:980 (9) - я бы убрал такой кусок, уж слишком нечитаемо с хидденом. выглядит как часть стрима.
  5. 01:49:113 (4) - ну и не ломай спэйсинг "просто для красоты". Здесь же явно не нужен джамп. Или не нужен ТАКОЙ джамп. Почему бы просто не оставить обычный спэйсинг?
[Suicide]
  1. ломается ритм, пропускаются хлопки. Изя должна быть легкой, т.е. с ЛЕГКИМ ритмом, сломаный ритм далеко не является легким, да? 00:44:117 - вот тут например что? нету музыки что ли? Почему оно выпало? В изи важен стабильный поток нот.
  2. 01:39:420 (1,2) - такие вещи тоже могут сконфузить новичков.
  3. 02:58:956 - слишком короткий. Замапай так, как это сделано в более сложных дифах. Такой короткий брэйк только напрягает новичков.
Вообще хорошо сделано для первокарты.

Doesn't worth kudosu, imo.

Btw, check all your diffs for similar mistake. Don't just apply mods - but learn.

Best of luck
Topic Starter
Madball

-Bakari- wrote:

TrigonometrY wrote:

Неплохо использовать для этого личные сообщения.

Hi-hi!~

[General]
  1. Тэги добавь: videogame soundtrack (это же саунд из игры, да?) - Добавил
  2. Countdown (Settings>Storyboarding) здесь не нужен, мне кажется. Уж больно не очень звучит это 3 2 1 go - Убрал
  3. Было бы здорово использовать тик рейт 2 для всех сложностей, а то у тебя получается, что на легких сложностях тикает меньше :/ - Поставил 1. Ок, да?
  4. было бы здорово, если б я знал какая сложность есть что. Т.е. в слове автора нужно указать сложности. например Suicide = Easy и так далее - Написал
[Karoshi]
  1. Очень не нравятся левые 1/4 ноты (стримы) без уменьшения спэйсинга. Проще говоря, у тебя половина стримов с одним спэйсингом, половина с другим. 01:10:091 (3,4,5,6) - 01:12:328 (4,5,6,7,8) - разные, но похожи! Почему? они что, рандомом что ли проставлены? :V - Ударные в 01:10:091 (3,4,5,6) звучат громче.
  2. 01:51:350 (2) - а это неранкабильный баг, тут нужно новое комбо. (если ты кликнешь по объекту, то заметишь, что индикатор New Combo не горит, хотя цифра на ноте (1). просто поставь Новое комбо, да. такой баг кстати еще встречался на других сложностях, их тоже проверь. - Ок
  3. Джампы: ну прыжки их еще называют, они.. эм.. Должны быть менее рандомны, пример - 02:56:967 (1,2,1,2) - постарайся сделать так, чтоб оно было читаемым. Например: обычный спэйсинг - х1.2 а для джампов х1.7 или х2.3 по ритму. Так, чтобы оно легко игралось - Не совсем понял, но сделал x2.3
  4. 01:28:980 (9) - я бы убрал такой кусок, уж слишком нечитаемо с хидденом. выглядит как часть стрима. - Убрал
  5. 01:49:113 (4) - ну и не ломай спэйсинг "просто для красоты". Здесь же явно не нужен джамп. Или не нужен ТАКОЙ джамп. Почему бы просто не оставить обычный спэйсинг? - Ок
[Suicide]
  1. ломается ритм, пропускаются хлопки. Изя должна быть легкой, т.е. с ЛЕГКИМ ритмом, сломаный ритм далеко не является легким, да? 00:44:117 - вот тут например что? нету музыки что ли? Почему оно выпало? В изи важен стабильный поток нот. - Исправил
  2. 01:39:420 (1,2) - такие вещи тоже могут сконфузить новичков. - Исправил
  3. 02:58:956 - слишком короткий. Замапай так, как это сделано в более сложных дифах. Такой короткий брэйк только напрягает новичков. - Сделал
Вообще хорошо сделано для первокарты.

Doesn't worth kudosu, imo.- (What exactly do you mean?)

Btw, check all your diffs for similar mistake. Don't just apply mods - but learn.

Best of luck
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.