forum

Finger-lock

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Clarris
How do I cure finger-lock ?
Does strength-building help you increase your stamina ?
Zedek117
Fingerlock? As in when you try to stream and your fingers lock up? Or do you mean just general fatigue from playing intense maps stiffens your fingers?

In either case I recommend you play easier maps that are long. But if it's just something that happens while streaming then you just have to play more and keep practicing.
vinnicci
My temporary cure is playing long stream practice maps, by playing different bpms from extremely low 140 to my highest, 185, my fingerlock goes away temporarily. After a couple of maps i get fingerlocks again, so i do stream prac again, but that's just me because I don't play on regular basis. You don't have to do these when you play normal stream maps consistently everyday. Forget tv sizes, you need long maps, because you need stamina too.
Topic Starter
Clarris

vinnicci wrote:

My temporary cure is playing long stream practice maps, by playing different bpms from extremely low 140 to my highest, 185, my fingerlock goes away temporarily. After a couple of maps i get fingerlocks again, so i do stream prac again, but that's just me because I don't play on regular basis. You don't have to do these when you play normal stream maps consistently everyday. Forget tv sizes, you need long maps, because you need stamina too.
So what you're saying is your temporary cure is not really effect to those who don't play regular right?
If that so I'll give it a try. Cuz I play about 5h/day :D
Topic Starter
Clarris

Zedek117 wrote:

Fingerlock? As in when you try to stream and your fingers lock up? Or do you mean just general fatigue from playing intense maps stiffens your fingers?

In either case I recommend you play easier maps that are long. But if it's just something that happens while streaming then you just have to play more and keep practicing.
In any cases, I always have fingerlock, and I'm very frustrating cuz I can't get pp anymore
Waffletrix
Try low bpm maps like this https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/241792/#osu/558314 (160 bpm) trust me it helps to counter your stiff fingers
Ninonuko
No matter how much stamina you have if the problem is your reading or rhythm sense you won't get it right vice versa.
Deva
Very often the cause of finger locking can be bad/uncomfortable posture. Move around with your keyboard/tablet until you find a comfortable position and your fingers stop locking up.

Another reason could be you are playing too fast streams and you are plain bad. Cure for that is play more.

Or you simply get too tired and that's completely normal as it happens to everyone. Play more solves this one too.

Edit: I just replied to 7 days old thread. Good stuff.
Topic Starter
Clarris

Deva wrote:

Very often the cause of finger locking can be bad/uncomfortable posture. Move around with your keyboard/tablet until you find a comfortable position and your fingers stop locking up.

Another reason could be you are playing too fast streams and you are plain bad. Cure for that is play more.

Or you simply get too tired and that's completely normal as it happens to everyone. Play more solves this one too.

Edit: I just replied to 7 days old thread. Good stuff.
I had try almost every posture that could make me feel comfortable and stick with it, but it didn't stick with me. Playing for 2-3 days and the comfortable feeling disappeared. And the finger-locking appeared again. Trying new posture and it happened exactly like the last posture I tried. It's a vicious circle and I can't escape it.
Doesn't matter it a 7 day-old thread, matter is you still help me :D
Deva
Actually if your posture is bad and you move into a proper posture, finger locking should disappear instantly. If that's not the case you simply need more experience with streams and more stamina aka play more.