forum

[Archived] Locked at 60 FPS 17ms

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SteveEricJordan
-
Pancho
Maybe your laptop has some kind of power saving feature that locks the framerate. Try to find if there's such a setting in your laptop's gaming center.
Topic Starter
SteveEricJordan
-
Death
There are quite a few solutions to this issue scattered throughout this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/688876

Some of the important ones are:
  1. Plug in your laptop
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Disable Vsync in-game
  4. Disable Vsync in NVIDIA Control panel
  5. Disable fullscreen optimizations
  6. Update or reinstall graphics drivers (both integrated and dedicated)
  7. Disable programs like "EVGA Precision X" or "MSI Afterburner"
  8. Disable game DVR and game bar
  9. Disable or completely close any other program you have running in the background (especially those that put any sort of overlay on the game)

The solution that finally fixed the issue for the person in the thread was to install a slightly outdated version of their Intel graphics drivers. I would not recommend doing this until you have tried every other solution in this list and in that thread that I may have missed.
Topic Starter
SteveEricJordan
-
Death
Fullscreen optimizations can only be disabled on Windows 10. The options to do so is located under the Compatibility tab of your osu!.exe properties.

There were also two other things that I don't believe I listed. Enabling compatibility mode or disabling fullscreen in-game. I wouldn't recommend disabling fullscreen mode as it may increase lag, but it may remove the cap.

Make sure you have actually gone and checked each of the other possible solutions if applicable. It's very easy to brush things off and automatically assume something can't be causing an issue. I can say from experience this can lead to troubleshooting an issue for an extremely long amount of time when the solution may have been something simple that was just overlooked.
Implojin
Try disabling g-sync temporarily to see if that helps?

Right click on your desktop, click NVIDIA Control Panel, click Set Up G-SYNC, uncheck Enable G-SYNC
Topic Starter
SteveEricJordan
-
modrei_DELETED

SteveEricJordan wrote:

But sadly deactivating Gsync just for osu is not really the way to go because then there is a bug that sometimes you need to restart your pc to enable Gsync again after playing Osu.

try using custom profile just for osu