Saddest anime you've seen so far

posted
Total Posts
show more
LexiaLovesU
Anohana and clannad after story
A Cynical Asian

[Infraviolet] wrote:

Tie between Grave of the Fireflies and Angel Beats. So many feels!
I don't get why Angel Beats! is considered so sad. It sucks for the MC at the end, yeah, but it's only one spurt of feels.

Grave of the Fireflies was just terrible.

Saddest anime I've seen so far is AnoHana, but I hear Clannad After Story is just as sad or sadder.
Green Platinum

A Cynical Asian wrote:

[Infraviolet] wrote:

Tie between Grave of the Fireflies and Angel Beats. So many feels!
I don't get why Angel Beats! is considered so sad. It sucks for the MC at the end, yeah, but it's only one spurt of feels.

Grave of the Fireflies was just terrible.

Saddest anime I've seen so far is AnoHana, but I hear Clannad After Story is just as sad or sadder.
A large part people seem to miss is Otonashi is set up to become a/the programmer.

Grave of the Fireflies is so overrated especially among people who have only watched anime films from Ghibli
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Only a handful of animes have emotionally affected me.

Clannad (inc. Clannad After Story) takes the crown for making me grab a tissue.

My re-watching of AnoHana takes second as I understood the story more on my second run of it.

I'm sure there are more sad animes out there. I just have to find them.
A Cynical Asian
AnoHana has been the only anime so far that has made a single tear roll down my cheek. No, that's an exaggeration. I sort of sniffled. :(
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Yeah, the final scene of AnoHana did it for me after holding back my emotions throughout the last episode.
Renevant
That first arc of kanon was so sad the first time i watched it.

Anohana almost put me to tears.
K3la
AnoHana by far... Haven't watched much other sad animes though
I don't know why, but after seeing this anime, I can't listen to the ending song without almost crying... :/

P.S. Just had to go and do it, went to listen the song after posting this ad here we go again... Such feels
chaee
Ano hana killed me. The post anime depression was strong in this one.
Ambey_old
Angel Beats

;w; so many feels
- K a t h -
Angel Beats and Ano Hana :(

(I can't choose between the 2 :c)
A Cynical Asian

Kathleen Senpai wrote:

Angel Beats and Ano Hana :(

(I can't choose between the 2 :c)
Shall I try to help you choose? Angel Beats! starts building feels all of a sudden near the end, while AnoHana builds feels from the very beginning (or rather, it lays foundations for feels). Do you think a super effective guerilla attack of feels from Angel Beats! feeled more, or a barrage of feels continuousy from AnoHana did?

I think AnoHana had more feels, but for some reason, I almost cried in the middle of PE from a spurt of feels from Angel Beats! that was delayed by a couple of months. :(
Cocolites
shigofumi and tokyo magnitude 8.0
lemonguy
Clannad After Story, especially since I pretty much marathoned it
Treekii
AnoHana probably. I have to mention Ever17 too even though it's a VN, I was a mess by the end of it
-Atri-
Anohana.
Chihara Minori
Yup, Anohana.
HaruryuuSan
Ano Hana >w>
Hitorikko
Ano Hana :(
Green Platinum
Is there an echo?
Hidden-
Is there an echo?
Based_Goddess_
I tend to stray away from sad anime. I watched Angel Beats recently, made me rather sad. :P

I feel like once I finish Clannad/Clannad Afterstory, that opinion will change. xp
-ryusakihatsue-
Angel beats..
and more recently, Sunday without God

saddest anime to me... I can't stand sad animes omy
Szymek
Tokyo Ghoul "Most parts".
Green Platinum

Sp0of wrote:

I think it's time to lock the thread.
-Nya-
The end of Gosick was pretty sad for me :(
I started to cry . . . It was so beautiful!!
-Nya-

Sp0of wrote:

The part of Tokyo Ghoul that saddened me a bit is the fact that Kaneki completely changed.
From the sweet, innocent, young boy to this kind of depressed, messed up boy that he is now.

It's so sad . . . :|
Monstrata
Quite an underrated anime, but: Beast Player Erin.

While a lot of other anime's build up to a tear-jerking moment towards the end (I'm thinking Angel Beats, Anohana, Gosick etc...) this anime's filled with them throughout. Also, the soundtrack is amazing, which only adds to the experience.
Zuikaku
My best vote would be Clannad + AS
Oh man that cut through my feels like a hot knife through butter :cry:
Kozaktri
Kanon (2006), Clannad, Clannad: After Story, Air, Angel Beats!, Nichijou (Trololololol)
Cat Owner
School days... yeah and also Clannad too
Green Platinum

Vermount wrote:

School days
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Makoto and Sekai deserved what they got.
Z 3 R 0
pls no
Tampons
Elfen Lied.
ThatGuyAtKFC
How has no one mentions Brynhildr In the Darkenss or Akame Ga Kill. Both of those were the saddest things I've ever seen in my entire life. Like wow
lilanna021
ANGEL BEATS
KokoaCrunch

lilanna021 wrote:

ANGEL BEATS
Saddest anime but also my top anime XDD
Kyouki-Kun
Corpse Party
( yes i know that it's very, 'Disturbing'. But it was so sad)
EshkushMeh xD
Probably Anohana
mous004
Well Clannad / Angel Beats / Anohana of course (in the order of sadness O meter)
show more