Clannad After Story and AnoHana

Mainly After Story, Nagisa ; ------;
Cropzy
Clannad
Grave of the Fireflies
The Big Heck
[Deleted]
Ephemeral
i always thought lucky star had an incredibly dark undertone to it if you looked for it in the right places

like how konata was trying to come to terms with having no mother and living solely with her clueless father who kind of keeps her around because she's a spitting image of her mother, and being constantly exasperated at how physically inadequate she is compared to her peers. i think that part in the concert pointed this out tremendously - she's at the verge of tears simply because she can't goddamn see over the people in front of her and there's nothing really anyone can do about it, so she just drowns her sorrows in otaku culture and video games.

tsubasa and kagami are kind of locked in a struggle where tsubasa is trying to identify herself away from kagami's intellect and appeal except she inevitably fails simply because she got the poorer set of genes. kagami is caught up in caring for her dunce little sister and her studies so much that she really doesn't see anything else around her, leaving her to suffer the pressures of both charges largely alone.

miyuki is constantly having troubles with her teeth which kind of mirrors on to how her peers treat her as well, given her "beautiful" marker throughout the series it almost seems like she's making constant allegories to being the tooth "that looks fine but still hurts at the end of the day" simply because nobody is willing to engage with her beyond her kind and courteous veneer.

shit's dark, yo. laugh at it as much as you like, but i stopped seeing the moeblob in lucky star long before the season finished. intended or otherwise!
Shirotaku
Still and will always be Clannad After Story :3
Frosthart
Clannad ~ Afterstory
Clannad ~ tomoyo After - though its a VN
Time of Eve
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Anohana
5 cm/s
Apex_old

Ephemeral wrote:

i always thought lucky star had an incredibly dark undertone to it if you looked for it in the right places

like how konata was trying to come to terms with having no mother and living solely with her clueless father who kind of keeps her around because she's a spitting image of her mother, and being constantly exasperated at how physically inadequate she is compared to her peers. i think that part in the concert pointed this out tremendously - she's at the verge of tears simply because she can't goddamn see over the people in front of her and there's nothing really anyone can do about it, so she just drowns her sorrows in otaku culture and video games.

tsubasa and kagami are kind of locked in a struggle where tsubasa is trying to identify herself away from kagami's intellect and appeal except she inevitably fails simply because she got the poorer set of genes. kagami is caught up in caring for her dunce little sister and her studies so much that she really doesn't see anything else around her, leaving her to suffer the pressures of both charges largely alone.

miyuki is constantly having troubles with her teeth which kind of mirrors on to how her peers treat her as well, given her "beautiful" marker throughout the series it almost seems like she's making constant allegories to being the tooth "that looks fine but still hurts at the end of the day" simply because nobody is willing to engage with her beyond her kind and courteous veneer.

shit's dark, yo. laugh at it as much as you like, but i stopped seeing the moeblob in lucky star long before the season finished. intended or otherwise!
Reminds me of how deep Spongebob is, every episode reveals a portion about life.
Apex_old
By the way, Madoka is loosely based on a German play called Faust by Goethe. So it's not surprising that is good and sad.
Kaona

Frosthart wrote:

Clannad ~ tomoyo After - though its a VN
I think you mean an OVA.

Adding Clannad After Story to my list.
Fleia
Code geass for me ... haven't watch clannad yet...
[MizuIroPettanKo]
Clannad, Anohana, and Angel Beats! :(
[Maid] NekoRyo
Clannad and Angel Beats x3...and little buster is quite sad too >.>
Nyaruko Cthulhu
School Days :)
eusiphera
Angel Beats
Shirotaku

Nyaruko Cthulhu wrote:

srsly ?
wtf
Nyaruko Cthulhu

Shirotaku wrote:

Nyaruko Cthulhu wrote:

srsly ?
wtf

make my heart beat fast :)
Hika
Fate/Zero.

No doubt about it.
Shirotaku

Nyaruko Cthulhu wrote:

isnt it suppose to be a sad anime not .... School Days
lol~
Miyu
Ano hana
Maneuver
Clannad
Kanon2006
Anohana
Elit3noob
Clannad and Kanon
Nyaruko Cthulhu

Shirotaku wrote:

Nyaruko Cthulhu wrote:

isnt it suppose to be a sad anime not .... School Days
lol~

but true in last eps :P
Scarlet Devil_old_1
AnoHana...

FOUND YOU MENMA!!! :cry:
Soarezi
Perhaps Witchblade, the ending is just so damn sad. I cri :c
Cleatis
Angel Beats
Kazuminati
Angel Beats ;__________________;
Asada Shino
My favourite anime just happens to be a sad one, which is Mawaru Penguindrum. I've seen Angel Beats, Clannad and Kanon 2006 (of which I thought were less than average except for Angel Beats) but they didn't give me the same feeling that Penguindrum did. The last moment of the last episode gave me so much feels ;_;
Hanabero22
I think it's Bokurano... End Angel Beats a little ^ ^
theowest
I'm pretty sure it's Grave of the Fireflies, but I haven't seen it in a while.
Xanaehla
Angel Beats! :(
kawaii-miku_old
Neon Genesis Evangelion
bloody_death_old
Ano Hana
it made me cry a lot !
Pina Colada Boy
1. Clannad After Story
2. Seikon no qwaser.... the plot... was so deep.....
Shadowyuri

Pina Colada Boy wrote:

1. Clannad After Story
2. Seikon no qwaser.... the plot... was so deep.....
1.: Yes, yes ,yes 100x Yes.
2.: Well... In some way it really made me sad.
Kasu404

theowest wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's Grave of the Fireflies, but I haven't seen it in a while.
Omg this one, really sad story ;_; but it didn't make me cry like crazy as Clannad After Story :P
DX5536
For me it's One (it's not really an Anime, it's just 4 OVA :cry:)
and Rumbling Hearts/Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
Lust
True Tears was pretty heartrending.
Sachi_old_1
clannad
edit:
and after story
MillonzKub
Clannad after story and Anohana :"(
show more