forum

Tips to improve accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gladiore
I've been playing osu somewhat consistent about 8 months now...and at the beginning i was playing 4 star songs with about 75-85% acc...Now I have about 300 hours in osu i'm trying to play 5 star songs and fc some of them ( i have horrible nerves though i think i have like 7 songs where i 1miss in the last 30 notes) but i still only get about 85-90% acc. I have one play thats a s with 96% acc i think otherwise all my top plays are 78-85% acc. I really just want tips on what i can do to improve because i'm obviously not following the rythmn and just wanted to know if theres something i can practice to FORCE me to follow the rythmn.... cause playing more obviously isn't really helping my acc much. Would playing hidden help? Some people say that won't help at all though i just want some different opinions because what i'm doing now really isn't improveing my acc i've been stuck at about 90% for 2 months now.
Note: I just tried playing without hitsounds and my accuracy is definitly better without hitsounds on most maps for some reason any reason why?
Wishes
I've tried playing without hitsounds too for about a month but my acc was not changed by a bit lol. As long as the hitsounds are not overpowering the music it shouldn't be the issue. As for playing hidden, it doesn't really help with acc either. Maybe you can try playing some slower songs with low AR and try to get good accuracy in those.
Raniemi
Set your frame limiter to unlimited

Step back to 3-4 star maps and fc them with 98%. If you can't, go as low as even 2-3 stars
Realmas
This might help

Or you could also try playing edited diffs of maps you like with lower AR (like 7 or 8) with high OD if you want something that forces you to follow they rhythm and listen to the music.
NeKroMan4ik
Don't play next difficulty till you will be able to fc previous with >95% acc (if it requires play 3*). Put hitsounds to 100% and music to 50% that will force you to feel the rhytm, and the most important try not to open osu! for a 1 week, this helped me alot when I had problems with reading and rhytm. At least it works for me.

Or just watch Rohulk's guide.
D_Loomz
t/342548 i tried this sometime ago, and it was a nice training, it helped me that i concentrated on the acc. ^_^
-Makishima S-
Play HD
DXPOHIHIHI

Wishes wrote:

I've tried playing without hitsounds too for about a month but my acc was not changed by a bit lol. As long as the hitsounds are not overpowering the music it shouldn't be the issue. As for playing hidden, it doesn't really help with acc either. Maybe you can try playing some slower songs with low AR and try to get good accuracy in those.

LOL I remember this time when I played without music! Just hitsounds, and I got a fricking SS on a 4* xdddddddd
LostLunar
play maps with low OD and gradually build up.
really focus on the beat and don't just try to look at the approach circles to know when to hit.
gl
Penguin
In your settings under "Score meter type", turn on "Hit Error." It will quickly show you your accuracy while playing. Just take a quick glance at it every now and then, and try to adjust.

What helped me with my accuracy was simply playing No Mod maps that were in my skill range. I threw in HR every now and then when I felt comfortable with it.

The more you play, the more you'll naturally be able to match the bpm of the song you're playing. You'll be able to easily tell whether you're going too fast or too slow. You'll become a human metronome.

Wishes wrote:

I've tried playing without hitsounds too for about a month but my acc was not changed by a bit lol. As long as the hitsounds are not overpowering the music it shouldn't be the issue.
I actually prefer really loud hitsounds. I play with 30% music and 100% effect. The hitsounds in my skin are always loud and crisp hitsounds. I definitely think that hitsounds are necessary for accuracy.