forum

[Archived] Issue with screen tearing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anikun
Ok, so I have an issue with screen tearing on either Osu!Taiko and it so happens on the taiko notes themselves, is there anyway to fix this, and from what I've noticed is its mainly on the faster songs kind of messes with my eyes and makes it uncomfortable to play as it makes me dizzy
Pancho
Could you explain in more detail what you refer as "tearing in the notes" please.
Fizzly
If tears just on taiko but not other modes like standard, it might be your skin, so change to a different one. If it happens everywhere your gonna have to cap your fps at something lower.
Lyawi
I had this and got to "fix" it with adjusting my FPS through pressing F7, please test around with this. Also, if you're playing on fullscreen, you might try windowed to check if it still occurs then
Topic Starter
anikun

_Limitless_ wrote:

If tears just on taiko but not other modes like standard, it might be your skin, so change to a different one. If it happens everywhere your gonna have to cap your fps at something lower.

the only skins I have are the default skins, as for the FPS, that was it, I had it at Unlimited and switched it to VSync and that seemed to fix it

Panchosauriooo wrote:

Could you explain in more detail what you refer as "tearing in the notes" please.

the notes splitting into 3 distinct rows that do not all arrive at the hit circle at the same time
Dntm8kmeeatu
Screen tearing is something people just have to deal with, or take the plunge and use some form of Sync. Running borderless will increase the feeling of input delay due to DWM buffering, but I believe it should eliminate screen tearing at the same time, but not be as harmful as Vsync through computer nonsense magic. Try it out and see for yourself. Normally I wouldn't suggest it, but Taiko / Mania is different.