How has music on osu! affect you?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mercurial

Niva wrote:

Nekomata Master ~ ♥
Necro Neko
Without Osu! I would have never heard of Hatsune Miku or other Vocaloids. Also Touhou. :O
Coro
I start seeing circles circles everywhere when I listen to music, lol.
S i c K_old
It made me miss the sound of clapping hit circles whenever listening to the original song! ;)
thelewa
the music on osu! has made my sense of hearing a lot worse
Rii_old_1

ragelewa wrote:

the music on osu! has made my sense of hearing a lot worse
I totally forgot this
Rantai
I guess the only thing that has changed for me is that I discovered how good Umineko music is.
D33d
osu! has made me more lenient towards popular music, largely because fun maps can pick out parts of a track that I wouldn't pay so much attention to, even if I were to listen critically. The maps generally give me more of an appreciation for music which is beat-driven and tuned to the mind's craving for repetition and consistence. A lot of the music that I'm exposed to outside of this game just doesn't have that.
Tshemmp
I start tapping with my fingers as soon as I hear music somewhere and imagine how this song would be playable/mapable.
Dusalty
More symptoms of synesthesia & I found tano*c
Xagrok
I would also not have known of Touhou without Dark Side of Fate.
I also discovered that I somehow like Metal by listening to Taketori Hishou and Stirring an Autumn Moon. I first found it somehow strange, but I like Dark PHOENiX.
Oh, And Osu! let me discover EBA :)
seasonS

Vmx wrote:

Now I have to hide my playlist from my friends D:
Oh so true o:
Shohei Ohtani
I entered the game a normal video game nerd of about 14 years of age.

I'm now a weeaboo.
SapphireGhost
I was introduced to a very large amount of artists I wouldn't know otherwise, including lots that I probably should have known before osu!
Larto and friends alone probably introduced me to Imogen Heap, La Roux, P!nk, Owl City, Ke$ha, Avenged Sevenfold, Pendulum, Paramore, My Chemical Romance, OK Go, Marina & The Diamonds, Ellie Goulding, Florence + The Machine, Meg & Dia, Taylor Swift, and Sky Ferreira. I had probably somewhat heard of some of these artists before but now I definitely know them more.
IppE
I dislike Hatsune Miku even more now. And I listen to more electronic music.
ampzz
I found my preferred musical genre to be drum and bass, learnt how awesome 07th Expansion was, discovered a hate for nightcore and finally listened to vocaloid music.
MickX
osu! influenced me in many, many ways. Heck, there's so much I did take from osu! that sometimes I can't stop flowing to the beat of a beatmap I played (or even a random tune in my head) in plain open air! It sure made me feel more enthusiastic! :)

Alongside the general upbeat, there were a couple of artists I got to know better thanks to this game. Owl City, Lia, Florence + the Machine, Taylor Swift, Anamanaguchi (sp?), La Oreja de Van Gogh, KOTOKO... just to name some of the top of my head. Before that I was stuck to... well, mostly Video Game Music, OC ReMix and some old stars, pretty much that. ._.

Hope I can keep this rhythmical adventure going on for a long time!
Vish024
I barely had any interest in Japanese music until I joined osu!. Osu! has definitely broadened my taste in music, particularly in a linguistic sense. I've also developed a greater appreciation for instrumentals. and alongside that an even greater hatred for nightcore and anything even remotely related to that pig's garbage.
Drexel13
It changed my whole life... O_O
- now, I love Vocaloid music especially Miku
- now, I can have friends that far from me
- now, I didn't waste my spare time
---Assault[K]---

Lybydose wrote:

Yousei Teikoku
+1
nVidi4x
i knew what was anime and i loved it.... then i knew hentai :3 O.o!
i spent AGES playing osu which helped me with my aim in shooters ;) (xP)
i presented it to a lot of actual players :) who are now my friends :D

And finally i saved Crimsonxone's life (why?) cuz now he just SMOKE what he should do and doesn't DRINK what he shouldn't (no1 can play drunk) xPPP
Thanks for this awesome game :)
Sync
i use foobar less now :'(
locoskull
Osu has made me listen to a variety of different music genres which i feel is awesome :P
animez15
i got more addicted to anime music..xD
YTYuyu
Easy. because of osu, i've been watching new anime shows i've never heard of, and some of them turned out to be good. For example, this map. if i haven't listened to this song, i wouldn't have watched or heard of this anime.
kikones34
After playing osu! for a while I became addicted to japanese music. Don't know if this is good for me or not >.<
Elfuun_old
I started to dislike Japanese music a bit... I still listen to this "genre", but not so much as I used to.

I also discovered nightcore... And I hate it.
Restless Spirit
I discovered myself liking Vocaloid really much and forced myself to do some research about that stuff so basically I learned about vocaloid because of osu!. Also osu! caused me to listen to nightcore and other stuff while osu! is responsible to my finally awoken affinity to anime which was present in past, then forgotten but has now awoken again.

Oh, and I gained some aiming skills too since I play mouse only.

Thank you, osu!.
Stark

Vmx wrote:

THIS THIS THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Valentiino
I'm seriously so surprised about people lurking on the internet, but only finding vocaloid, touhou, vn's & other such things through osu!

*,*
Pizzicato
made me into an audiophile
it made me search for exit trance albums
Jarby

Pizzicato wrote:

Bet you hate how all ranked maps have 192 CBR or worse quality now.
Stefan
Just because of the Hype, I started to hate Nightcore.
And for the reason it sounds like babies get murdered in the moment when you hear a voice.
Rena-chan

Jarby wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

Bet you hate how all ranked maps have 192 CBR or worse quality now.
I giggled.
GeeNX
Music make me happy
Aurele

heriotzA wrote:

Vmx wrote:

THIS THIS THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Omg, always.

Well, because of osu!, I know tons of music genres like Vocaloid/Touhou and alot of other culture's songs.
19th Floor
it made me start liking Chinese music
Allyses
I never been so interested in trance before I played osu
bagnz0r
None.
@Jarby:
My maps are usually 500 kbps ogg.
256kbps if they have videos.
Yafutsufa
great effect.... especially when i`m in the middle of exam..... really helpful *replaying all of the songs instead all i`ve been study*
show more