forum

Danny Baranowsky - Divine Battle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qwertykool
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, March 11, 2012 at 9:08:58 PM

Artist: Danny Baranowsky
Title: Divine Battle
Source: The Binding of Isaac
Tags: Combat Boss Fight Bible Mom Death Devil Deal God Blood Card Zelda Adventure
BPM: 145
Filesize: 4870kb
Play Time: 01:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Abnormal (3.76 stars, 99 notes)
  2. Easy (1.71 stars, 76 notes)
  3. Hard (4.05 stars, 136 notes)
  4. Insane (4.79 stars, 205 notes)
  5. Ridiculous (5 stars, 320 notes)
Download: Danny Baranowsky - Divine Battle
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Whew... been keeping this one in for a long time, and I believe it is one of the best maps I've made.

UPLOAD #1: Normal, Hard, Insane, Ridiculous complete, but be sure to comment back if you think you can improve something!

UPLOAD #2: Minor changes. Normal -> Abnormal, because it wasn't going to be easy changing it to be a Normal difficulty. xD

UPLOAD #3: TONS of changes, hopefully for the best! : D I should p_r_o_l_l_y make an easy, huh? : (

UPLOAD #4: Made a complete revamp of Insane (Part of SuperMIC's suggestions, thanks man! :D) about to start on the others, also, artist name changed to Danny Baranowsky (DannyB)

UPLOAD #5: Revamp of Ridiculous done.

UPLOAD #6: Revamp of Abnormal done.

UPLOAD #7: Revamping done! :D

UPLOAD #8: Oops, xD forgot some timing changes in the revamp, just finished it, so, should be good. :D

UPLOAD #9: Phew, Easy mode is now complete, hopefully last difficulty :3

UPLOAD #10: Some jumps have been added to Ridiculous, Insane and hard are next. New bg as suggested by iMercurial, thanks!

UPLOAD #11: More Red. Jumps! :D

UPLOAD #12: Insane now has some nice jumps! :}

UPLOAD #13: Achievement Get! Finish giving your maps jumps!
SuperMIC
Ouch, the Ridiculous diff. definitely needs some work. For starts, CS +1 (Circle Size)

There's a lot of Custerf*cking as well, :S, remember, you have the entire grid, not just a vertical axis! Do you use distance spacing as well? A lot of things are clumped together like I said, and also sometimes there's stream jumps, which is too MUCH spacing. Yes, you can have jumps, but I'd say the maximum beat spacing between a jump should be an eighth note (white tick-red tick) White tick/red tick to blue tick jumping is not good.

Anyway, good luck.
Topic Starter
qwertykool
Hah, Thanks, alright, definatly take a look thanks! :D
Just gotta keep in mind that this is meant to be an extra diff. :T
SuperMIC
Hi, do NOT kudosu this post please, this is an add-on from last one.

---

[Timing]

As for timing, it was good, but make BPM 145. It's extremely rare for videogame music to not have a whole number BPM.

For off-set, I'd say 165 (-6 ms).

After you adjust the off-set, you'll have to re-adjust the inherited timing points (the green ones). Go into the timing setup panel, and select ALL of the timing points that have a green dot to the left of them. You can do that by selecting them while holding Control. Then, on the left side of the panel you will see "Move selected time points by:" or something like that. Type in "-6" (That dash is VERY important) and click
"Move" ONCE and ONCE only.

Sorry, but you have to do this for each difficulty... :S

[General]

As I told you before, DO NOT clump things! It makes the map very hard to read and play. You do NOT use at least 80% of the mp3 for mapping, so you need to either shorten the MP3 yourself or ask someone else that's tech savvy to shorten it for you, like a MAT or BAT. I have no editing softwares, so I can't help you there, sorry.

[Abnormal]

Is this supposed to be Easy? If so, it's way too hard. The beat is supposed to be intuitive, as in just clicking to the beat or following something easy. A LOT of sliders will be involved, haha.

The distance spacing in this map is too much. I'd change it to 0.7x. To do that, hold down alt and then scroll with the mouse.

Yeah, you really need to entirely remap this difficulty, it's way too hard. When you re-map it, here's what not to do:

Clump. Look at this example:

First of all, (1) is overlapping (2) which overlaps (3). This is horrible to read and play. Next, green and blue sliders (1) and (1) are hidden by all of the hitbursts, it's completely hard to play.

Use the blue tick.

00:30:786 (3) - Sliders like these are NOT to be used in Easy diffs.

Watch the patterns.

Keep things relatively linear and stuff like that, so things at like 00:39:889 (1,2,3) will look ugly.

DO NOT put notes and other sliders under a slider.

This is a unrankable problem, like at 00:43:200 (1,2).

[Hard]

The distance spacing for this difficulty makes no sense whatsoever, it's really hard to play.

I can't say anything about this difficulty until you fix the spacing.

[Insane]

Distance spacing makes no sense here too. Please, really, actually turn distance spacing on! It's a little button in the bottom right corner. This map is not playable at all.

[Ridiculous]

Make distance spacing 1.5x in this diff.

Really watch your sliders, the majority of them are quite ugly. Are you sure you are ready for an approval map? Approval maps require a LOT of experience and you should have a few ranked maps before you even ATTEMPT to make one. You have to have a good understanding of the osu! mapping system and frankly I'm not sure you do right now.

00:20:034 (1,2,3,4) - (2) and (3)? Way too much cluster.
00:23:345 (1,2,3,4) - ^
00:26:655 (1) - Do a different slider... please...
00:28:104 (4,5,1) - Stream jumps are frowned upon, even in Approval diffs. That's way too irrational.
00:29:345 (2,3,4,5,6,1) - ^ That sldier too...
00:31:621 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Lol wtf did you do here.
00:41:036 (12,13,14,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - ^
00:53:140 (1) - Interesting...slider...
01:06:382 (1,2,3,4) - Same as the beginning.
01:07:624 (5) - This needs to be further away.
01:09:693 (1,2,3,4) - Same thing.
01:14:659 (1) - :/
01:15:694 (2,3,4,5,6,1) - Say NO! to the stream jumps.
01:17:349 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Very bad spacing...
01:27:384 (12,13,14,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Cluster f***ckkkk

---

Well, good luck anyway.
Topic Starter
qwertykool
No, abnormal was not meant to be easy :3 I'll work on those things, it wasn't ever really supposed to be the *ENTER DRAMATIC VOICE*: Best Map Evar *END DRAMATIC VOICE* and it really was just me trying to have fun, and try out the mapping system. But definatly, thnx for the tips, I will look at them, and take note.
Mercurial
Suggestions.

Artist and song name.

Danny Baranowsky - Divine Battle

Tags: Remove this -> "Video Game Steam PC Computer The Binding of Isaac", nobody will search this song with this words, also "The Binding of Isaac" is in the Source, so it's innecesary in tags.

Good Luck, I love dB soundworks ♥ (If you don't believe me, check out my beatmap of Super Meat Boy)

Edit:

If you want a Background Image, Look this out.

Topic Starter
qwertykool
Thanks! :D
Topic Starter
qwertykool
Yey, all redone :D
SuperMIC
Actually. Do you know what's funny.

The approval map is not hard enough lol, that's more of an Insane diff.
Topic Starter
qwertykool
xD Really?
Topic Starter
qwertykool
How do the improvments work though?
SuperMIC
The Ridiculous, Insane, AND Hard diffs are way too easy still. Hard should be AT LEAST 4 1/2 stars, Insane 5, and Ridiculous 5. Ridiculous could be renamed Insane, theoretically but then you'd have an extra diff on your hands. The Ridiculous diff flows way way WAY too smoothly. Stream jumps aren't encouraged, but jumps are!

If you want to see a really good approval map and it's difficulty level, go here: viewtopic.php?t=52035
Topic Starter
qwertykool
I changed my mind about approval xD not really giving up, but I didn't really want it to be approved, don't know why I said I did, : ()
Topic Starter
qwertykool
Any other ideas?
Topic Starter
qwertykool
And graveyarded... :( Welp, I'm working on another, and I think I'll give up on this for now. [sobs]
Topic Starter
qwertykool
And graveyarded... :( Welp, I'm working on another, and I think I'll give up on this for now. [sobs]
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.