forum

Hello! I need to know which programs you guys use to make skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
Hi! I am currently interested in making my own skin, so I decided to try and make one but I don't have that much experience on skinning, so can I ask what programs you guys use to make skins? I think one of the most important programs to use is photoshop, so I'll download it later.
RockRoller
Image editing: PS, Gimp and Paint.net
Sound editing: Audacity
Other things: skin checker made by Roan, can be found in the important guides and thread post that is pinned in this forum.
joseph1brown
If you plan on using Photoshop it is 30$ a month, it has a lot of uses and in my opinion better than any other photo editing programs but it is expensive!

while gimp and pain.net are free they are not as good but will do for you basic needs
aggabear
As everyone else has stated, photoshop is very good program.

Of course it'll take time to learn how to use it and such but in the end it'll be worth it.

Though a good free alternative is Gimp.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
Have you guys ever heard of bypassing the trial version of PS?

Rn i'm downloading the cracked version so there's no problem.

But I still need some programs that I can use for making the box on the song selection and many other things
RockRoller
What box do you mean? There isn't really anything beside a inage editor and a sound editor that you need. (You probably dont even need the sound editor, most people simply copy sounds from other skins.)
flameslinger18
There are online skin makers, but if you want to draw/create your own, then those programs they said are good too.
KatouMegumi
Photoshop (Illustrator (vector gaphics) would also be good in conjunction with Photoshop)
Flash/After Effects for complex animation
Auacity for audio (Or if you want to go full industry standard/Adobe: Audition)
aggabear
In photoshop you can pretty much do about everything you need in terms of making the skin image wise.

Then for the sounds just read what people above have said.