1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Off-Topic

show more
posted

ColdTooth wrote:

I personally think that ColdTooth is a great person. I mean, he is one of the most known bronies in the osu! community next to ztrot, and they worked together on making very cool pony maps. I mean, just take a look at his map earlier this year, Don't Mine at Night, a collab between ColdTooth and Wolf, this is purely the next step in mapping in this time. I hope he gets to create more beatmaps, because I really love his newest beatmap, "Surprise Buttsecks". Purely great 1/3rd rhythm, I hope this man keeps making quality maps. Can't wait for his works in 2015 and beyond in the future.
This poster is obviously very fond of our ColdTooth for making his maps. One might say that this poster is a little too fond of ColdTooth. Maybe almost to the point of being satirical and ironic. If so, it's not very well hidden. Because I am biased towards CT due to the fact that I have known him for a while, I cannot comment on the statement of him being one of the most-known bronies, nor can I comment on his maps. However, for the lack of serious grammatical infractions and the overall comedic effect of the post, I will give this post a respectable 7/10.
posted
posted

abraker wrote:

1 A thread but a string
2 how can it knot?
3 on and on and on
4 where does it stop?
5 one cuts the thread
6 why shit it now?
7 it was good, maybe
8 one thread it new?
9 quality thread again
10 wait, is it meta?
11 don't be mad now
12 how much it needs?
13 ok, see you later
14 how about it again?
Oh boy, it's poetry...where do I begin?

For proper analysis I have taken the liberty of numbering the lines.

The poem opens up to a few lines that I suspected would foreshadow the rest of the work, mainly the consistent and identical meter of Lines 2, 4, 6, and 8. However, this pattern of four syllables is broken by Line 10, which contains five syllables. In addition, Line 14 has six syllables. Inconsistent meter is not acceptable. Lines 2 and 4 also sort of rhyme, but that pattern is broken with Lines 6 and 8.

Moving on from structure, let's take a look at content. I quite like the use of the word "thread" as it can mean a literal thread or a forum thread. The homophone "knot" is also a good word in this context because it sounds like "not" but the subject is a "thread"; it's a nice play on words. I may just be dumb, but I can't seem to grasp the meaning of Line 1: "a thread but a string". One thing I don't like about your word choice is the word "shit" in Line 6. It comes as a shock when the words around it are comparatively much tamer. It is inappropriate in this context.

Now, for my interpretation (this is entirely personal, it doesn't affect the grade): I see this poem as describing the story of a forum thread that never reaches its knot (i.e. never dies naturally). Instead, because someone "cut the thread" (i.e. locked it) it dies unnaturally. This in turn leads to the creation of a new thread, a meta thread, on the subject. The poster gets silenced in response but promises to come back again (Lines 13-14). On a deeper level, though, one can interpret it to mean an insane person trying to post a thread over and over again and expecting a different result. I only know of one person that this can be attributed to: Enetro and his "satire" threads. Overall, I quite like the story of this poem.

To give it a final grade, I would give it a 7/10. The word choice and effort level keep it from getting a low score, but the inconsistencies keep it from getting a high score. I would say it's an average post.
posted

Canadian Baka wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/737247
Hmm. This post consists of an argument for getting rid of subjectivity. There is a lack of capitalization and punctuation in your post (which I deem to be at least semi-serious—please correct me if I'm mistaken), which will cost you some style points. Your logic is flawed because you failed to prove your first sentence to be true: "subjectivity is what causes conflicts". Your last sentence is a bold solution to your argument, and I like your bravery to post such a statement. However, this post does not seem to have had a substantial amount of effort put into it, or be well thought-out. I would give your post a 5/10.

On a side note, I would like to point out the irony in you seeking subjective approval for your post bashing subjectivity.
posted
And that's all the time we have for today. I'll be back tomorrow (for sure this time!) to rate some more posts. Have a nice night, everyone!
posted
.
posted
..
posted
Izp hpazvpzez wzasztpzepzd 60 sepczopznd ozfp yzopur lipzfze
posted
one dot, two dot
a bunch of junk
what shall be next?
posted

abraker wrote:

one dot, two dot
a bunch of junk
what shall be next?
a nyeply foy nyuor quesnyion
posted
posted

citremi wrote:

.

ColdTooth wrote:

..
Because these posts are very similar to each other, I will group them into one. Really, all that these two posts consist of are periods. These full stops signify a closure of something—usually a sentence, but in this case the idea of wholesomeness—but I would argue that here, they signify beginnings. The beginnings of a new post, or a converted shitposter—a wholesomeposter. These newly-converted wholesomeposters are dedicated to spread there wholesomeness everywhere they go. It's so touching to see posters do the best they can!

1/10 not enough content
posted

levesterz wrote:

Izp hpazvpzez wzasztpzepzd 60 sepczopznd ozfp yzopur lipzfze
This post is in Roshanese, so it is difficult to understand; luckily, I have trained in Roshanese for a whole year, so I know how to translate it to English (more or less).

I believe it says "I have wasted 60 seconds of your life", though my Roshanese is a bit rusty, so I can't be 100 percent sure.

Well, this post really tricked me. It did, in fact, waste sixty seconds of my life from trying to translate it...it's a smart post for tricking me. This post intrigued me and annoyed me at the same time. I'll give it a 6/10 for being humorous.
posted

abraker wrote:

one dot, two dot
a bunch of junk
what shall be next?
This post is insightful, bringing up a philosophical question that we have all been asking but no one dared to speak. What will come next? Well, because this post really doesn't have any substance, we don't have any idea. I'll give this post a 6/10 for trying.
posted
[quote="Blitzfrog"][/quote]
posted
[quote="Blitzfrog"] [  /quote​]

This post attempts to retell an idea that exists not in the path we have chosen. It's a void of words done by the whim of nature, something that could have been easily otherwise. It's the words from a close person who never came back to talk. If that person did say something, well he did not, but a ghostly reminiscents shining through to tell us that maybe he could have. It's a 7/10 but make no mistake.
Please sign in to reply.