forum

[resolved] Pop'n music mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anthonyyy0
Now, before I get spammed with "are you crazy, suggesting a whole new mode of gameplay?" just hear me out. I think some kind of gameplay mode like the pop'n music games would work well in a game like osu!

Some (pretty cazy) gameplay from the pop'n music games:
those
are you crazy, suggesting a whole new mode of gameplay?

We know what pop'n music is. Go find your own emulator.
Topic Starter
anthonyyy0

those wrote:

are you crazy, suggesting a whole new mode of gameplay?

We know what pop'n music is. Go find your own emulator.
Lol. :)

Well, all of the pop'n music simulators have disappeared from the face of the earth, and so did the sim files for them. And it would be nice to play pop'n with the huge list of osu! beatmaps. Also, the ROMs for the games are extremely hard to find and are illegal.

And no, not everyone knows what pop'n music is. Unless you happen to live in japan and have access to the arcade versions then I would assume not.
Sync
how would it work with existing osu maps is the question
Topic Starter
anthonyyy0

Sync wrote:

how would it work with existing osu maps is the question
True. But CTB is kind of similar, how the notes fall in different spots relating to how the osu! map is made. Something similar maybe?
Gabi
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14868&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bemani

Not exactly popnmusic but pretty much the same deal.
Topic Starter
anthonyyy0

Gabi wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14868&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bemani

Not exactly popnmusic but pretty much the same deal.
It's good that a lot of people seem to be on board with the DDR idea, but there are already a lot of DDR simulators, like stepmania. Pop'n music has a lot more buttons and the keyboard layout would be very different.
Mercurial
Not support.

Enjoy every game as they are.
blissfulyoshi
As many ppl have said, pop'n music is very similar to DDR, beatmania, IIDX,.... All of these games are very dependent on chords and other multi-key presses (you can get away with 2 like taiko can, but not 6 in any way I can imagine), very different that CTB that is dependent on horizontal distance. With the fact that there are emulators for similar types of games out there, I would have to say no.
RepHurricane340
9k mod?
deadbeat
play osu!mania
TouchFluffyTail
This old thread before mania mode was in makes me lol. Anyway, should be either merged or invalidated since we have this thread: t/104808
- Marco -

anthonyyy0 wrote:

True. But CTB is kind of similar, how the notes fall in different spots relating to how the osu! map is made. Something similar maybe?
it's just the horizzontal position of the note, it it's too far to reach it just have dash....
deadbeat
oops, forgot to resolve
Flanster
I remember making a request for iidx mode, denied bluntly xD.