forum

why do I lose ranks when getting a top play?!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OsuSven
why the heck do I lose 10 ranks when fullcomboing a 6.16 stars map at 70k?! I mean really its happening over and over again I make new top plays and just lose ranks why?probably because this system is cancer.btw It gave me 140 pp wich is pretty good for my rank.
Ideal
other people also play the game
Brainage
Bancho is broken
NeKroMan4ik
Almost SS'd 4* a month ago (2x100) and lost 1k rank. Pp is broken. :feelsbadman:
ScholasticOG
First and foremost, I can’t think of a single 6+* song that would only give 140 pp for an FC, unless you did so with like 70% accuracy. There are multiple reasons you could be losing ranks, but my best guess would be that you’re seeing a phenomenon that occasionally occurs with Bancho. Here’s the basic layout of what happens: At some point, randomly after playing a map, Bancho will show a +xxx or -xxx rank amount equal to the amount you’ve gained or lost that play session/day (I’m honestly not sure which since I tend to only play one session per day). When you’re in the 70k+ ranks, each day you’ll usually lose around 100 ranks or so iirc from when I was that rank, so if that 140 PP play was worth, say, 90 ranks, Bancho would show that “-10” I was referring to earlier. I could very easily be wrong, but this is the first thing I thought of when I saw this. Just keep setting new top plays and you’ll stop seeing those “-xxx” ranks as much :)
DXPOHIHIHI
Pp is broken and its gay