forum

Microsoft SDK issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vogti Vogel
I was trying to set up the osu repo on my win 10 pc. I've read the requirements in the readme.md. I've downloaded the '.NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK' package on Visual Studio and also downloaded the '.NET core 2.0' app from the official github repo.

Still everytime I want to open the 'error : The SDK 'Microsoft.NET.Sdk' specified could not be found.'. I've even added a system variable with 'MSBuildSDKsPath' and the .NET core SDK path.

I don't even know anymore. Please help me.

yours sincerly
Vogti
FreezyLemon
Since osu!lazer is compiling the "osu-framework" as .NET standard (even on windows, where the actual game itself is compiled in .NET Framework 4.6.1), you'll need to add the ".NET Core cross-platform development" package to your Visual Studio installation via the installer.

EDIT: You should probably remove the PATH variable you added by hand.. you really shouldn't edit those unless you really know what you're doing, and the installation should take care of everything else.
Topic Starter
Vogti Vogel

FreezyLemon wrote:

Since osu!lazer is compiling the "osu-framework" as .NET standard (even on windows, where the actual game itself is compiled in .NET Framework 4.6.1), you'll need to add the ".NET Core cross-platform development" package to your Visual Studio installation via the installer.

EDIT: You should probably remove the PATH variable you added by hand.. you really shouldn't edit those unless you really know what you're doing, and the installation should take care of everything else.

It worked.

Danke Dir :)