forum

Finger Stamina + Consistency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Waffletrix
This is a Question for the Pros also i would like some Help/Tips

It's been a while that i posted sometime ago on the forums but uh also i was wondering how are you guys able to maintain both of your hands in top notch shape and able to stream without getting both your hands tired that easily and without getting them stiff (left hand) and keeping the aim accurate as possible (right hand)
before ya'll say git gud , play more, be consistent about playing. I am insanely consistent on how i play on OSU! more over i'm like a cancer to play about 2-4 days a week consisting 4 hrs of gameplay and practice with 2 hrs of breaktime and another 4 hours to play making it 8 hrs of gameplay but now the main problem is suddenly my left hand began to get sluggish/crappy when streaming and tapping (singletaps) maybe because of the stamina loss ? which sucked badly is there any way to relieve the tension ?

._.(feelsbadman)

Stuff Used
Mouse 2.83x Sensitivity with raw input on
A4Tech typing keyboard LOL

p.s i take a week break when both of my hands start to hurt like crazy LOL
p.s I A M N O T C O M P L A I N I N G A B O U T T H I S
p.s Thanks For Helping/Reading
DXPOHIHIHI
Dude your doing it all wrong..

Play 12 hours a day lol

Am just kitting play 4+ hours a day
ManuelOsuPlayer
When you can SS the bpm you're streaming, just relax and play. Nothing else.
If not, be aware of fingers movment and focus on move the fingers on purpouse to hold the UR.
One wrong thing a lot of players do it's move also the hand while streaming, make sure you find a good position and you move only your fingers.
As closer your hand get to the keys, easier is to stream higher bpm and have more stamina, but harderst is to hold the bpm, the ur and the coordination. As far and more movment you do, easier to keep coordinated and get better UR.
This to me translates into change hand possition to stream over 210 bpm or to stream really long streams, like 400+ circles in a row, where i start running out of stamina if i don't get closer to the keys, to reduce fingers movment and the stamina what i need.

I recommend practice 160bpm long stream maps + 1000 circles to build stamina. Since i don't focus on my aim, it usually follows my tap, so coordination between hands isn't a problem to me. No idea how you can work on that.
Search for long stream practice maps and just play low bpm a couple times daily. Don't try to move your hand on purpouse, and if you feel any pain or weirdness at your hand, stop play. If you're totally relaxed you shouldn't have any problems.

About singletap stamina, i have 0. Play 3* DT and 5* fast singletap maps seems to work.

Practice maps like this help to switch between singletap and streams/bursts. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/181253
Topic Starter
Waffletrix

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

When you can SS the bpm you're streaming, just relax and play. Nothing else.
If not, be aware of fingers movment and focus on move the fingers on purpouse to hold the UR.
One wrong thing a lot of players do it's move also the hand while streaming, make sure you find a good position and you move only your fingers.
As closer your hand get to the keys, easier is to stream higher bpm and have more stamina, but harderst is to hold the bpm, the ur and the coordination. As far and more movment you do, easier to keep coordinated and get better UR.
This to me translates into change hand possition to stream over 210 bpm or to stream really long streams, like 400+ circles in a row, where i start running out of stamina if i don't get closer to the keys, to reduce fingers movment and the stamina what i need.

I recommend practice 160bpm long stream maps + 1000 circles to build stamina. Since i don't focus on my aim, it usually follows my tap, so coordination between hands isn't a problem to me. No idea how you can work on that.
Search for long stream practice maps and just play low bpm a couple times daily. Don't try to move your hand on purpouse, and if you feel any pain or weirdness at your hand, stop play. If you're totally relaxed you shouldn't have any problems.

About singletap stamina, i have 0. Play 3* DT and 5* fast singletap maps seems to work.

Practice maps like this help to switch between singletap and streams/bursts. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/181253

Noted Thanks a bunch !!!
Kondou-Shinichi
play more

only play more will train your finger muscle to get less tired and stuff, so play more is the answer nonetheless
Brainage
git gud , play more, be consistent about playing.

Okay fine i'll give actual advice

DON'T go playing 300BPM maps just to singletap both keys at 13CPS and have 70% accuracy
DON'T go playing 120BPM maps just to singletap at 8CPS and have 80% accuracy
Find a comfortable stream rate and practice around that BPM. Mine personally is long 170/short 200BPM streams

Also, if your hands hurt like crazy occasionally (2-3 times in a month or two), you may have RSI, carpal tunnel or any other hand-related repetitive strain injury.
Kondou-Shinichi

Brainage wrote:

singletap both keys
Maze
Lift weights