posted
Total Posts
show more
nirvashzero
cool action scene
Xylem Beer
Tsunderes.
10nya
good story, good plot , good character designs , good seiyuus , good fanservice_____
Magicphoenix
The feeling of being stunned after watching a season and you don't forget it for weeks 'cause it was epic. Like Guilty Crown which i just finished a week ago and i still have a heavy feeling in my stomach, like you lost a dear friend or sth :D
Oreiora
^Guilty Crown was a great but it had ALOT more potential. The art from GC was awesome (Gj Redjuice) and the soundtrack was amazing as well (Ryo + Egoist). Anyways, when judging anime I generally think of the following criteria in order of most important to least important:

Artwork
Character Design
Character Development
Soundtrack
Storyline
Capricore
Unexpected plot twists.
Artwork.
Plot development.
Well developed character persona's ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ
loqueses57
a good story! like steins gate =D
eIohim

Oreiora wrote:

^Guilty Crown was a great but it had ALOT more potential. The art from GC was awesome (Gj Redjuice) and the soundtrack was amazing as well (Ryo + Egoist)
100% agreed. To me it had some major plot holes though, specially in the three last episodes.
In the end I'm sure all I'll remember from it will be:

1 - Animation, just top notch.
2 - Bios (Specially MK+nZk Version, at episode 19)

A good anime is made by the combination of the both listed above (animation, music) and, I won't say an awesome plot, it just needs any plot. Although I notice most are just happy with anime having fan service, and their favorite seiyū regardless if the plot makes any sense. But that's just a matter of tastes, I guess.
Mizou-kun
Story and lolis \o/
kitkattt_old
Captivating characters and relationships(not necessarily romantic), a consistent and well written-plot, an atmospheric and fitting soundtrack, interesting art style and no or minimum amounts of fan service.

Add some cute traps and it's perfect. 8D
antibiotik
Art and story.
- Rikkukun -
Adrenalin!
Omnatus
ecchi Ahem, For me its how solid the story and characters are and how its drawn strangely enough, anything which is out of the ordinary scores bonus points too, but usually the characters are that way.
Toki Hakurei
A protagonist that's...not wimpy and/or has ADHD.
Xylem Beer
Animation, Low Ecchi Content and unpredictable storyline for me.
Symphoniax

Botik wrote:

Art and story.
This
pika-chan77

XylemBeer wrote:

Animation, Low Ecchi Content and unpredictable storyline for me.
yeah , ecchi spoils everything ¬¬.But i think nowadays to make an unpredictable storyline is quite difficult , so i add a coherent argument(i don´t refer to not to put superpowers and some sort of sobrenatural things , but it has to have some rules inside the incoherent things , i don´t know if i´m explaining good)
And also , although it´s a drama , i think comedy scenes are essential!
Milli_old
At least decent art/animation, Character development, emotion, comedy.
Hiryuu_old

Milli wrote:

At least decent art/animation, Character development, emotion, comedy.
^
Elfuun_old
Good characters, very low ecchi and a pleasant art.
Story is good, but not always needed.

And a protagonist that isn't similar to Emiya Shiro.
DerekMcD
WOWOW aired them, but they stop airing new anime in 2008. And BS11 DID air good anime.
The Ribbon Red

Symphoniax wrote:

Botik wrote:

Art and story.
This
That. Even a godly-wimpy or annoying as hell characters with a very good background might be a decent character to watch, at least for a while.

And art attracts viewers, right? (Excluding any fanservice)
Topic Starter
mathexpert

The Ribbon Red wrote:

lol, but fanservice does attract viewers. In fact, the definition of fanservice is "material in a series which is intentionally added to please the audience". :P
- Ene

Mantiz wrote:

Good characters, very low ecchi and a pleasant art.
Story is good, but not always needed.

And a protagonist that isn't similar to Emiya Shirou.
and not like Seiya too xd
The Ribbon Red

mathexpert9981 wrote:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

lol, but fanservice does attract viewers. In fact, the definition of fanservice is "material in a series which is intentionally added to please the audience". :P
True. But a lot of them tends to get overboard and spill all of them into it. They should put just a pinch of it into the show.
Kucing Salto
rather Loli , Inspiration, girls , Tsundere, Action
Minty Gum
For the most part, it just needs to be entertaining to me and make me continue watching the series, regardless of genre. Less fan service is nice for me, since I'm a girl... I can handle it, but too much fan service usually means the anime doesn't have much else to offer. Good art is nice, soundtrack can really add to the mood.
The Ribbon Red

Minty Gum wrote:

Less fan service is nice for me, since I'm a girl...
Girl, even men doesn't enjoy continuous fanservice. Why?

Minty Gum wrote:

but too much fan service usually means the anime doesn't have much else to offer.
This.

Minty Gum wrote:

For the most part, it just needs to be entertaining to me and make me continue watching the series, regardless of genre.
Does that mean you're willing to watch a genre you hate as long as it entertains you?

Minty Gum wrote:

Good art is nice, soundtrack can really add to the mood.
I would suppose so...
Suzu_old_1
- Art
- An interesting plot which arouse curiosity
- A lot of various characters with different personalities
- A protagonist who isn't dumb,weak or a crybaby (i hate such protagonists -.-*)
- Heroin (Tsundere<3,childhood friend or transfer student (can be a girl with supernatural powers too ^_^))
- Ending of the anime (I hate animes which end to sudden...there must be one or two more episodes in which they
celebrate(after a battle) or say that they love each other <3)
- A suitable opening and ending for the anime (music and video)

and...
Accelerator-kun
^ Maybe a bit of action too...
Topic Starter
mathexpert

Kamixdesu wrote:

- Heroin (Tsundere<3,childhood friend or transfer student (can be a girl with supernatural powers too ^_^))
I like heroin too. xD

In all seriousness though, I totally agree, the characters are so important. It's like the backbone of an anime; without likeable characters nothing else matters.
The Ribbon Red

mathexpert9981 wrote:

I like heroin too. xD

In all seriousness though, I totally agree, the characters are so important. It's like the backbone of an anime; without likeable characters nothing else matters.
Even though I agree, people has different taste and level of understanding of the characters. So I wouldn't call it literally the whole backbone of an anime, but part of it. It's like the backbone consisted of:
  • Story
    Characters
    Art
If an anime covered these well, they should at least got in a level of "decent" through common judgement.
sl33p3rXj4zu
I believe that it's all in character depth and environment. I think that an anime with well defined characters and multilayer personality, and a great environment has potential. That's why I liked durarara. The environment was very eye catching and noticeable. The characters were also very well set. So I'd definitely say good character definition and environment design.
KuroiHiKirby
I don't particularly hate any one genre, so I think I define a good anime as an anime that knows what it's doing and who it's trying to appeal to. Characters and setting are of course important as well. If they know what they're doing, I doubt the plot would worsen. Or it could have no plot, then I only have a problem if they suddenly add a complex one and confuse their audience.

HOTD. Is it zombies or boobs? The name implies zombies, but nope.
The Ribbon Red

KuroiHiKirby wrote:

HOTD. Is it zombies or boobs? The name implies zombies, but nope.
Boobs. Why?

HOTD
Highschool of The D

If you catch my drift.
Net-Nue
do you mean High School of The "D" size?? :D :D
The Ribbon Red

Net-Nue wrote:

do you meanHigh School of The "D" size?? :D :D
Nice.

Spoiler'd.
Ryu_old