forum

... r4nks and stuff

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
altbleak
I can play up to 5 star maps somewhat easily + I'm not much of a pp farmer (I don't care abt misses). So... what rank could I reach IF I would go just full rampage and attempt fc'ing 4.5-.7 star rating 1min maps for like a month.

Atm I'm just trying to raise my pass threshold limit to 6 stars...
Endaris
You definitely wouldn't get past 100k because you're lacking on various aspects of the game.
Reading and accuracy to be precise. 4.7* are simply worthless without accuracy and you don't even get close to the acc needed to land any plays significantly above 100pp.
Wishes
How about you improve accuracy for a month first? That acc is atrocious (and I thought my acc was terrible). Mashing through maps doesn't count as "playing somewhat easily" imo, it is "barely surviving". When you can get 97%+ acc on most of the maps then you can say that.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Dosn't matter what you can fc when you talk about pass a map.
If you want to pass 6* maps, put NF and press F2 from 5* to 7* playing without rage quit. That it's not going to give you ranks or make lower star maps be easier. I can get A scores on hundreds of maps from 6* to 8*, but i still having misses at 4* and i'm worst fc them than i was a couple years before when i was spaming only 4* maps and working for ranks pp and combo than now what i play for own goals and just pass maps what are over my skill level and improve playing them.

Examples: Linkin Park - Guilty All The Same (feat. Rakim)
Star Difficulty:
(6.88)
Personal Best (#6370 achieved about 4 hours from now)
Score 4,613,756 (92.25%)
Max Combo 323
300 / 100 / 50 1263 / 84 / 3
Misses 50
Geki (Elite Beat!) 208
Katu (Beat!) 43
Mods None

odaxelagnia - #sawg (Wan Bushi Remix)
Star Difficulty:
(6.27)
Personal Best (#1292 achieved about 5 hours from now)
Score 12,948,690 (92.54%)
Max Combo 666
300 / 100 / 50 1674 / 157 / 8
Misses 28
Geki (Elite Beat!) 342
Katu (Beat!) 99
Mods None

Dreamcatcher - Wake up
Star Difficulty:
(3.90)
Personal Best (#675 achieved about 6 hours from now)
Score 8,202,462 (97.42%)
Max Combo 546
300 / 100 / 50 679 / 19 / 3
Misses 3
Geki (Elite Beat!) 165
Katu (Beat!) 11
Mods None

PESS vs t.A.T.u. - All The Things She Said (DnB Remix)
Star Difficulty:
(4.87)
Personal Best (#6466 achieved about 4 hours from now)
Score 9,057,900 (98.06%)
Max Combo 763
300 / 100 / 50 584 / 13 / 0
Misses 3
Geki (Elite Beat!) 93
Katu (Beat!) 11
Mods None

If you want pass 6* maps, play maps around that difficulty.
If it's to hard for you, you don't need to destroy yourself trying it. Just give it a try and search for a mapstyle you feel more confortable next try.
If you're good at jumps, you don't need spam stream maps like a brainless. Just play jumps maps and they will have some streams too. As you get better at hardest stuff streams will show more frequently. And you will learn to play them without care a lot about pointless intensive practice what will make you be tired and overthink easy stuff.
If you are good at streams same. Keep playing maps what you like, stream maps also have jumps.
What i say is, just play what you're good at without care about from the scores you get or your poor performance at some patterns. Care a lot make easy things harder to do than they actually are.
Press F2 and play. If you enjoy it, search other similar maps, if not, search new map styles what you didn't played yet or what you enjoy play.
Topic Starter
altbleak
Oh god... the acc thrashing. I'm just recently getting somewhat good accuracy on 4* maps (95% at max). I have a really high tendency to click early and problem was that I couldn't give much of an f about that - that's why the insane amount of 100's in my plays.

And then there's that, that I can't seem to find tablet area that I would be fine with. The variety of areas/grips I've played w/ is insane - because it's always either really shaky (halfway across the map)/overshooting aim or a lot of outer screen misses. When I manage to find a grip/area it usually feels like crap the next day -> adjustments ahead... "master of muscle memory restart since the beginning". I guess I need to just play to get the nerving on my fingers/wrist more throughout.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Dosn't matter what you can fc when you talk about pass a map.
If you want to pass 6* maps, put NF and press F2 from 5* to 7* playing without rage quit. That it's not going to give you ranks or make lower star maps be easier. I can get A scores on hundreds of maps from 6* to 8*, but i still having misses at 4* and i'm worst fc them than i was a couple years before when i was spaming only 4* maps and working for ranks pp and combo than now what i play for own goals and just pass maps what are over my skill level and improve playing them.

If you want pass 6* maps, play maps around that difficulty.
If it's to hard for you, you don't need to destroy yourself trying it. Just give it a try and search for a mapstyle you feel more confortable next try.
If you're good at jumps, you don't need spam stream maps like a brainless. Just play jumps maps and they will have some streams too. As you get better at hardest stuff streams will show more frequently. And you will learn to play them without care a lot about pointless intensive practice what will make you be tired and overthink easy stuff.
If you are good at streams same. Keep playing maps what you like, stream maps also have jumps.
What i say is, just play what you're good at without care about from the scores you get or your poor performance at some patterns. Care a lot make easy things harder to do than they actually are.
Press F2 and play. If you enjoy it, search other similar maps, if not, search new map styles what you didn't played yet or what you enjoy play.

I'll try that

Wishes wrote:

How about you improve accuracy for a month first? That acc is atrocious (and I thought my acc was terrible). Mashing through maps doesn't count as "playing somewhat easily" imo, it is "barely surviving". When you can get 97%+ acc on most of the maps then you can say that.

... and that also...
ManuelOsuPlayer
about area just start full area and reduce it until you can just get to the screen corners without put much effort into it, that should be easy to control atm
Brainage

Wishes wrote:

Correct, accuracy is such a big part of gaining PP it's not even funny.