forum

[Archived] Disabling PMs from nonfriends blocks invites sent by !mp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-GN
What the title says. Inviting someone through !mp invite commands sent from a regular osu! client seems to be blocked by the chat private message filter option. I have the "Allow multiplier invites from nonfriends" option enabled, which should allow these to pass through, but don't.
Interestingly, invites sent by nonfriends through the "Invite to game" button in regular multiplayer games work even through the filter. I still get random multi invites.

Sounds like an oversight with how !mp invites work, as I don't think it's intended behavior. This is an issue for referees in tournament matches I play in, as I don't get their invites until I turn that filter off. Would be nice to see it fixed.
Death
This seems to be intended (or at least know), that behavior is detailed in the Tournament Management Commands wiki article:
!mp invite <username> - Invites a player to the room.

Note that this does not bypass any private message blocks available in the osu! client, so your tournament staff will need to tell players to disable "Block private messages from non-friends" in the osu! options.

I agree it does seem a bit odd with the other option in place though.
Jik
Feature Requests maybe?