forum

[Archived] All my collections are gone, salvaged .db file

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
white_
All my collections are gone after receiving the 'your beatmap database has been corrupted' error when launching the game. I've had this error many times before where it would just reprocess my maps, however my collections remained as they were.

I've checked the collection.db file and it seems like it still has the data judging by the quantity of code after each category. I've had most of my maps in the 'Fun' category and that's where most of the data values are.

Here's the db file https://puu.sh/A5bwP.db

Is it possible to fix this databse file so I can get my collections back?

UPDATE - FIXED : I just reprocessed all my maps and it fixed my collection.db file but only about 50% of the maps were there. I believe my osu.db file got corrupted in the first place resulting in the collection.db file not finding most of its maps. As a result osu thought the collection file was corrupted aswell and decided to not show anything. I still find it strange how reprocessing only showed 50% of the entire collection.

I replaced the collection.db file with the one I had as a back-up and now all the songs in my collection are back. My osu.db file corrupts on a 2 week-ish basis but that might be because I have 30000 beatmaps, however a lot of people say that having a lot of beatmaps doesn't cause problems for them. For now I just make weekly backups to avoid the risk of losing everything.

Still hoping for the Osu!dev team do resolve these issues or make a clear statement wether surpassing a certain amount of maps could actually cause problems.
Death
Sometimes after recreating your osu!.db you will need to restart the game for your collections and scores to appear. Simply having over 30k beatmaps really shouldn't be causing your database to become corrupted on its own.

Give this is a try to see if it helps at all:
  1. Group your beatmaps by "No Grouping"
  2. Scroll to the top and bottom of your song list and delete any maps without any data (e.g. no artist, no title, no music, etc).
  3. Close osu! and remove osu!.db from your osu! folder manually
  4. Reopen osu! and let it recreate your database one more time.

Assuming you only have issues every 2-ish weeks, it will probably take some time to test.