forum

Next Underappreciated Great Gamer of the Inland Empire

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
saiyuri
I am proud to announce that Riverside will host the LAN for the Next Underappreciated Great Gamer of the Inland Empire, the sequel to The Higherland Intensive Circle Clicking Competition, for Spring 2018! Geek On! 2018 at University of California, Riverside will include osu! in the venue. As the tournament organizer, I hope that this LAN will help to bring together the SoCal osu! community even more. There will be osu!standard, and osu!mania if enough players show interest.

What is NUGGIE? The LAN for the Next Underappreciated Great Gamer of the Inland Empire event is a LAN held at University of California, Riverside. Such events hope to garner the attention of circle clickers living in California or beyond to show off their aiming skills.

Previous Winner: Vaxei

This page will be updated as details come out about the event, for the event is still in planning.

DATE: May 6, 2018, which is a Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
WHERE: The HUB at University of California, Riverside

Sign-up|Discord|Mappools Standard|Stream|Bracket

Standard

Standard will feature a single player Group stage multiplayer room, where players play through all the maps in the mappool and are given a certain amount of points depending on how well they placed. The points will be counted up and players will then be placed in a Double-Elimination bracket to see who is the Rhythm Champion of Southern California. Rounds and Quarterfinals will be Best of 7, Semifinals will be a Best of 9, and Finals and Grandfinals will be Best of 11.

Match Rules
Standard

• Scores will be in Score v2
• Invites will be sent out 5-10 minutes before scheduled time
• No Mod will utilize no modifications, Hard Rock will have Hard Rock on, Hidden has Hidden, and Double Time with Double Time. These are required.
• In case where both players one game off from a win, a predetermined Tiebreaker map will be played.
• Players are allowed to use mods on Tiebreaker but is not required.
• Players cannot pick the same mod twice in a row. No Mod is exempt from this rule.

Group Stage
Standard

• All players will play every map in group stage
• Scores will be added up to determine seeding
• No warm-ups or bans
• 2 No Mod maps, 2 Hard Rock maps, 2 Hidden maps, and 2 Double Time maps total to play

Rounds and Beyond
Standard

• !roll will determine picks and ban order
• The higher roll will pick the the first map in map pool. The lower roll will choose to ban first
• One optional warm-up map, picked by the lower roll only during Semifinals, Finals, and Grandfinals
• Bans will be in alternating order
• 1 ban per player in all matches
• Warm-up map cannot be from any pool
• Rounds and Quarterfinals will be Best of 7, the first to win 4 maps wins the match
• Semifinals will be Best of 9, the first to win 5 maps wins the match
• Finals and Grandfinals will be Best of 11, the first to win 6 maps wins the match
• Grandfinals will use the Finals pool
• The winner of the winner bracket will have a 1 chart advantage during Grandfinals
• Each map pool will contain 6 No Mod, 3 Hard Rock, 3 Hidden, and 3 Double Time maps
• Each map pool will also contain a Tiebreak map

Rules are subject to change at event.

Prizing

1st place: badge + supporter

2nd place: supporter

3rd place: supporter

Host: Harrharrqi
Co-host: ForceJansen
Organizers: Harrharrqi
Mappool: Harrharrqi. ForceJansen
slushy
im gonna attend just so i can call you gay harrison