forum

Seasonal Osu League - Spring

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
omletto5

About:
The league will consist of 12 teams.
Now, entering the tournament, we will have solo registrations. We will then choose 12 players, that are going to own/moderate a team. Those players/leaders/owners are going to be the ones managing the teams draft.

Draft:
The Draft is a meeting before the tournament, in which every team owner of the league will systematically select the rights to players who registered and meet draft eligibility requirements (rank #5.000 - #55.000, 10,000 playcount).
The selection order in the Draft is determined by lottery.
The draft consists of seven rounds. The order will be reversed every round, with each team getting one pick per round - makes it five per team.
All those seven players and the team owner will build the teams roster.

osu! related regulations & tournament structure:
  1. The rank range for the league is #5.000 to #55.000.
    Exceeding the range after the draft is fine.
  2. The 12 teams will play a round robin stage in which they face each opponent once (regular season).
    The first six teams of the regular season will then head to the playoffs, which are played in a single elimination bracket which is seeded in favor of the higher placed teams.
  3. Throughout the tournament, there'll be two mappools. One for the regular season, and one for the playoffs. There are no bans and no pick limitations and every team has 1 ban per match. Warmups are only allowed during the playoffs.
    At the beginning of the match, both teams !roll once and the higher roll gets to pick first.
  4. Regular season matches will be played in a best-of seven format & playoff matches in best-of nine. The only exception is the grand final, which is being held in a best-of eleven format. All matches are played as a 4v4 and with score v2.
  5. At the beginning of the season, we will release a schedule for the whole regular season. Reschedules can be made until 24h before the scheduled match time. That counts for the playoff matches too.
  6. If a team fails to show up after 10 minutes from the scheduled time, they will auto-forfeit the match.
    Playoff matches will be streamed, reffed by tournament referees and scheduled normally.

The winning team will receive a little profile banner signed with the name of your team and your osu! name in form of a PNG-file.
Sorry, but that's all the budget allows.
ShineShalltear
Nice wall of text there bruh
_p0ke_
Hey!
Angelina
Hi uwu
ImNotBrandon
yikes
Izzz
oh man, what a concept
Stupid Idiot
Is there no introduction of new players after the first season unless someone quits?
Trigonoculus
Hi mmv (previously known as Kentaro), are you planning to have other competent staff pick up the management of this tournament again this time, seeing what happened in Five Digit Division and Rising Nations?

If yes, then I suggest you don't name yourself as an organizer, because that's not what organizers are supposed to do.

Regards,
Trigonoculus.
MagBlood
owo
Morfeusz
need to decay some more :/
salkin
Why is this for 5 digits lol
Topic Starter
omletto5

Espalza wrote:

Is there no introduction of new players after the first season unless someone quits?

At the moment they are drafted, the team has the rights to swap them into the roster or trade them to another team.
- Aaron

salkin wrote:

Why is this for 5 digits lol

what is wrong with u
Topic Starter
omletto5

Trigonoculus wrote:

Hi mmv (previously known as Kentaro), are you planning to have other competent staff pick up the management of this tournament again this time, seeing what happened in Five Digit Division and Rising Nations?

If yes, then I suggest you don't name yourself as an organizer, because that's not what organizers are supposed to do.

Regards,
Trigonoculus.

No one forces people to sign up. I now came up with a concept that is managable for me in my free time, even though I'm about to have my final exams. I know my last two tournaments were picked up both by DigitalHypno and this1neguy, but they were there, took care of it, without me having to ask. Everything worked out, so you can't particulary say that the tournaments weren't a success.
I will continue to host tournaments, because it's fun. If your opinion includes me being bad at hosting and maintaining tournaments, then I highly appreciate your feedback, but don't care too much, since opinions won't hold me back from hosting tournaments in the future.

Thanks,
mmv, Kentaro
PainTensei
that was a beautiful novel
YoshiLover456
ono
Mivv
Hi
Lewd Larry
Sounds good to me OWO
Naoko
Oo yeee
Husa
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ReavR
Sounds kinda interresting
Hatis
:)
Crossie
So, do I understand this correctly? I register as a solo player (not neccessarily team captain). That means That the selected Team captains can draft me and pick me into their team?

Kind Regards
Crossie
Topic Starter
omletto5

Crossie wrote:

So, do I understand this correctly? I register as a solo player (not neccessarily team captain). That means That the selected Team captains can draft me and pick me into their team?

Kind Regards
Crossie

Yes, that is excactly how you enter the tournament. Later on, you can be traded between teams and/or leave your team in the off-season. Do note, that in the following seasons the team captains also have the right to remove and replace you with a newly drafted player, if they want to.
Crossie

mmv wrote:

Crossie wrote:

Kind Regards
Crossie

Yes, that is excactly how you enter the tournament. Later on, you can be traded between teams and/or leave your team in the off-season. Do note, that in the following seasons the team captains also have the right to remove and replace you with a newly drafted player, if they want to.

Woah that was as quick as a Lightning response. Thanks! I'm in for that, sounds great!
SiYes
Hey, i wanna be happy to be a player on this league owo
Can be interesting to be a kind of captain, manager of a roaster
Alacdoom97

SiYes wrote:

tbh I wouldnt wanna manage a roaster.... a roster on the other hand is something i can manage XD
Dexx
Who Boy
Malikil
This actually looks really cool, unfortunately I think I won't be playing. At least in the first season.

I'm not a fan of scorev2, and bo5s often leave me feeling unsatisfied with the match regardless of whether I was the winner or the loser. But these are really just personal gripes where the tournament organizer ultimately has the right to decide on.
I've also been in a bit of a slump recently, and this looks like it would be a relatively hefty weekly commitment that I don't really want to end up deciding to go mia partway though.

If you keep this going, I could certainly see myself looking to join two or three seasons down the road.

Good luck to all the players!
unrealLyyy
Sounds Good man
Vereor Nox
Pretty excited about this, count me in! :D
Memento Vivi
Count me in.
SiYes

Alacdoom97 wrote:

SiYes wrote:

tbh I wouldnt wanna manage a roaster.... a roster on the other hand is something i can manage XD
I just realized my mistake xD yeah a roaster is definitly not a thing to manage ^^
show more