forum

How to Fix Timing Without Destroying Everything?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MacNReady
Hi! I'm new to mapping, and tried my hand at this (really) bad boy right here. https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/763742#osu/1605914
I got a mod thanks to Veridian, and I need help figuring out my worst enemy atm, which is timing.

My song is a medley, so it has variable speeds in it, and I assumed that I could simply fix my issues by re snaping my circles, but I had to break out the 1/8 mode and it feels like I could be doing something simpler, such as getting the proper timings.

Is there anyway to do this to preserve SV's and timing points or do I have to wipe and start anew?
(Is there a way I could use only one timing for the map?)

Thanks for any help!
Endaris
When changing timing in the main timing menu, it will depend on whether or not this is checked:

If you enter the timing setup panel (F6), you have access to all timing sections and can move them simulateously (including SVs).

Let's say your timing section at 36107 had a wrong offset (just an example, i didn't check the timing), then you could that timing section and add all sections until the next red timing section using Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click:

The 3 marked checkboxes give you the option to have your timing change apply and then you can move the timing sections and the objects by putting in a value on the top left and clicking Move and confirming with OK.

If your bpm is actually wrong you can only edit that one section and also use the checkboxes, however, as far as I know your inherited sections (green) won't be affected, meaning that you have to move them manually (doable in a similar fashion as mentioned above).