forum

Any learning alternateing tips/whats considered alternating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gladiore
I was just curious what all is considered alternating because I can't seem to alternate whatsoever yet i end up switching up my single tap key in the middle of jumps sometimes...So i usually end up hitting each key about the same amount of times. Granted my accuracy is horrible but usually thats not what affects it i just hit early most of the time...I was just curious if thats still considered singletapping and if anyone had any tips to learn alternateing my fingers just lock up whenever i try to alternate every key... its like i have to force them to go slow and that causes them to just not move.
kai99
idk as long as it works it doesnt have to be straight up alt
LostLunar
i alternate and i have done so from the very start
pros of alternating:
-halves the bpm of the map
cons:
-lower accuracy when jumping or hitting notes in general because your using two fingers to tap the beat
-harder to learn as in more time needed
if you're not comfortable with your playstyle, then go ahead and change it
if you want to alternate i suggest playing slower/less difficult maps to get used to the style and then gradually build up. there is no other way to say it but to just practice it. you can obviously do this while being offline
dung eater
if you change finger to tap next it's alternating. i you use same finger to tap next it's not alternating.
DXPOHIHIHI

LostLunar wrote:

i alternate and i have done so from the very start
pros of alternating:
-halves the bpm of the map
cons:
-lower accuracy when jumping or hitting notes in general because your using two fingers to tap the beat
-harder to learn as in more time needed
if you're not comfortable with your playstyle, then go ahead and change it
if you want to alternate i suggest playing slower/less difficult maps to get used to the style and then gradually build up. there is no other way to say it but to just practice it. you can obviously do this while being offline

You are going in the wrong direction my friend, stick with singletapping