forum

osu hardware support [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
show more
MarKKaM

Renard wrote:

oh yes for all ppl regarding input lag , disable windows aero its causing 12ms delay ( using classic theme will have 4ms , high contrast nr2 will have 1ms . using high contrast 2 myself but that will be disabling many sight on browsers ect :) so ud have to switch a few times ) also for amd users input lag can be caused by wrong northbridge settings, for nvidia users .... disable thread optimize, pre rendered frames 0, force gpu maximum performance in osu game
Wow, thanks, it really helped a lot ^^
Guy-kun
12ms input lag? aahahahaha. You're one of the people that think this actually makes a difference.
Xact

Guy-kun wrote:

12ms input lag? aahahahaha. You're one of the people that think this actually makes a difference.
It makes a huge difference. Don't patronize others over something you clearly don't understand (nor have the ability to notice obviously).
Guy-kun
No, no it doesn't.
Xact
Just because you can't notice it nor understand it, doesn't mean there's not an advantage. You wouldn't notice it on normal maps or easy insanes, which is likely what you play (and probably poorly at that). However, you probably don't even play standard enough to even know what you're talking about. Maybe there's no benefit in Taiko as you're not having to actually move your mouse around...at all, but there's definitely benefits in Standard. Get over yourself.
Guy-kun
Nice deflecting of the issue on hand with no facts.

You know nothing about me, so don't presume to do so. Go and learn how to make an argument if you want to argue.
peppy
12ms is less than a frame. i'd love to see people who say this is noticeable do a double-blind test. and also understand how much input lag is added in other areas of the input stack that are basically out of your control.
Xact

Guy-kun wrote:

Nice deflecting of the issue on hand with no facts.

You know nothing about me, so don't presume to do so. Go and learn how to make an argument if you want to argue.
Learn to argue? Deflecting issues? What? It blatantly helps with the smoothness of the game, there's really nothing to argue about...it's not even debatable. Try learning not to be ignorant and commenting on what you don't understand. I get it, you know everything, as everyone likes to think on the internet. Also, I know enough about you by looking at the statistics on your profile to know you don't play enough (nor well enough) to know how it effects game play.
peppy
We've left the region of useful discussion here guys! Please take your religious viewpoints away to a PM :).
Topic Starter
Renard_old

Guy-kun wrote:

im one of the ppl that actually can feel the difference between a 200-210 bpm stream and wich having 12ms input delay will cause a 200bpm stream to in reality having to push 210.... input delay is much more then u are realising and yes ur actually one of the ppl that dont take time into testing and improvements and just bragging around on stuff they actually do not know about or cannot feel themselfs coz their reflex,precision isnt good enough to pick it up.... yet 12ms input lag is the difference between a aero on and off, or a vsync on,off..... wich causes 200bpm maps to be having to press 210-220 in reality coz of the input lag ( as in full 300 ) and u can actually feel the difference between a 2ms and a 4ms... ..... and yes why else do u think 120hz screens look so smooth and lower ms screens look smoother then higher ms screens... a higher ms screen is 5ms and a lower is 2 or even 1 << wich u will see actual difference by alot unless u dont know what to look at and how to
Topic Starter
Renard_old

MarKKaM wrote:

Renard wrote:

oh yes for all ppl regarding input lag , disable windows aero its causing 12ms delay ( using classic theme will have 4ms , high contrast nr2 will have 1ms . using high contrast 2 myself but that will be disabling many sight on browsers ect :) so ud have to switch a few times ) also for amd users input lag can be caused by wrong northbridge settings, for nvidia users .... disable thread optimize, pre rendered frames 0, force gpu maximum performance in osu game
Wow, thanks, it really helped a lot ^^

no problem.... tough i recommend high contrast theme standard one ( with adjusted custom colors for best feel,performance )
Topic Starter
Renard_old

peppy wrote:

12ms is less than a frame. i'd love to see people who say this is noticeable do a double-blind test. and also understand how much input lag is added in other areas of the input stack that are basically out of your control.

frames and actual input delay to the chipset,controller are seperate a difference of 1frame u will not feel but a actual input delay of ( lets say average person. ) will feel a maximum difference up to 2-4ms delay everything above they WILL feel... those who do not feel it are used to the extreme delay and lag yet they will need a little time to play on a smooth one and return to the delay to properly feel it... and yes then they will feel it... the harder a game becomes the more reflex it will need the quicker the buttons ... the more u will notice a difference on ms changes.... in fps changes u cannot notice much as 1fps is equal to 0.01 input delay or even less

and trust me if even u will play on a 12ms pc... uwill notice difference... try enabling vsync while playing its equal to 12ms ( its 14. )

and yet EVERY SINGLE PERSON i have teached this noticed it... some took 10minutes to notice and ofcourse never wanted the delay again
some noticed it straight away. yet i personally notice difference even ebtween a 1ms and a 2ms screen or 1ms to 2ms input delay, but thats coz i tweak my life long on these things and the more experience u got at the input lag as in feeling the easyer u will notice.... but in actual gameplay in the end less input delay = easyer playing as u have to press them less quick to obtain optimal results for example a 200bpm stream would be with 0ms an actual 200bpm on the keyboard and with 12ms ul have to press 210-215bpm on it :) trust me... everyone will notice that , they dont make 1ms/2ms screens for no reason or 120hz screens, or even gaming hardware wich has 1ms delay,1000hz polling rate... if it wouldnt improve they would not create it and thats a fact (yes in this case it is in many other case it isnt always a fact coz many items are out there as just for the sales/marketing)

now ppy would u mind telling me the cpu thread usage so i could set my priority to its rights and channel interleaving,ram settings
Drafura

peppy wrote:

I feel the difference.

I can feel it for 5ms on osu!standard OD8 and 2ms for timed jumps in CtB.

I mean 12ms seems nothing but when you try to SS it's a really big thing.
Topic Starter
Renard_old

Drafura wrote:

peppy wrote:

I feel the difference.

that is correct a smaller amount of delay is only to be noticed in more precise,quickness of gameplay yet while the higher ms are much more noticeable directly.... personally 12ms is like lag hell for me ( if id have to play with 12ms my games id sell my pc and go fishing instead ) haha ^^
thelewa
I could only feel the difference when I really tried by switching between the Classic theme and Aero theme. There is a difference but it's not going to break the game, as evidenced by cookiezi playing with Aero on.
mm201

Renard wrote:

they dont make 1ms/2ms screens for no reason or 120hz screens, or even gaming hardware wich has 1ms delay,1000hz polling rate... if it wouldnt improve they would not create it and thats a fact (yes in this case it is in many other case it isnt always a fact coz many items are out there as just for the sales/marketing)
Fun fact: most 120hz TVs don't actually support 120hz inputs. The 120hz is only used for stable 24fps display and postprocessing.
Topic Starter
Renard_old

mm201 wrote:

Renard wrote:

they dont make 1ms/2ms screens for no reason or 120hz screens, or even gaming hardware wich has 1ms delay,1000hz polling rate... if it wouldnt improve they would not create it and thats a fact (yes in this case it is in many other case it isnt always a fact coz many items are out there as just for the sales/marketing)
Fun fact: most 120hz TVs don't actually support 120hz inputs. The 120hz is only used for stable 24fps display and postprocessing.

tvs are not made for gaming, neither will they ever be optimal into gaming, as for gaming the 120hz is beeing used for every single aspect and every frame will be used in most case
Neruell
gonna check if i can notice anything
Neptune
I also feel the difference between playing osu! with Areo or classic. I prefer classic.
It might be really minor, but still. Many minor changes make big ones, right?
joseph

Drafura wrote:

peppy wrote:

I feel the difference.

Wait... Are we talking about the same "ms" as when we press "+"/"-" IN game to change the ms?
Guy-kun
You people...
Topic Starter
Renard_old
you mean you :)
Guy-kun
I think you guys should be playing some real-time neural-connection game rather than osu which on the other hand is on such poorly inaccurate hardware such as a personal computer and on such a heavy operating system.

Feeling 2ms differences is a spectacular achievent, I applaud your human transcendence.
Topic Starter
Renard_old
dont post if u dont have a clue about it , if u cant feel a difference or see anything at all that doesnt mean others dont ( oh yeh forgot that haters are gonna hate )
thatguy0815

peppy wrote:

Felt a difference between Theme's straight away, so 12ms seems noticeable o:

Best Regards
Kitoshi
Classic makes a huge difference for me in windowed mode. It is almost as noticeable as using 60fps versus unlimited. On another side note using custom offset (+/-) to set the map to +5ms makes a noticeable difference. 300s turn to 100s on some maps, it's that big of a difference. Same for adjusting the universal audio offset. I will also add that I have a pretty good gaming desktop and get lag spikes all the time for no reason. I don't even play with backgrounds or storyboards, so go figure. I play Crysis 2 and not a single lag spike - game runs smooth all the way through. osu! lags more than Crysis?!
ziin

Kitoshi wrote:

Classic makes a huge difference for me in windowed mode. It is almost as noticeable as using 60fps versus unlimited. On another side note using custom offset (+/-) to set the map to +5ms makes a noticeable difference. 300s turn to 100s on some maps, it's that big of a difference. Same for adjusting the universal audio offset. I will also add that I have a pretty good gaming desktop and get lag spikes all the time for no reason. I don't even play with backgrounds or storyboards, so go figure. I play Crysis 2 and not a single lag spike - game runs smooth all the way through. osu! lags more than Crysis?!
your computer is dirty. something is stealing your gigahertz
mm201