forum

[resolved] Map ID Changed and corrupted mapset after 20180412.2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LittleFox
So today I tried to reupload a map after time ago being graveyarded. For some reason the game didnt notify that it was graveyarded so it attempted the upload anyways (Even bancho notified the revival), but the upload never ended succesfully (This was before I even got notified of the update):

Tried two times more, same result. A friend suggested to wait a bit so i could revive the mapset as usual from my userpage, so i did (Now i have revived the same mapset twice and even the log is in my profile), and also tried restarting the game to avoid any problem.... When relaunching, the game updates and wants me to restart again, so I Did.

First thing i notice in the changelog is:

peppy:
Editor: In-game BSS will now restore beatmaps from graveyard when updating automatically

peppy:
Editor: Make client aware of graveyard resurrection

So my game did actually used these changes in the server before actually having the patch installed (Like... what are the odds)

Then I go to my map and notice this:

First, for some reason, there are 3 versions of this map now... two of them in a mapset (Checking the folder theres only one file and only one mapset) and all of them are "Not submitted"

So, i did a backup of the .osu file and press f5 in-game to update. Back to just 1 mapset with 1 map.... still "Not submitted"

Now i start to worry, and decided to check the map link (ingame).

This is the original link with the original ID:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1500057

Because of the graveyarded status, i assume the beatmap got migrated, so i used the new link in my profile:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/709536

And now, for some reason, there are two diffs here, totally corrupted of the Feb 15, 2018 version...

By now you might think "Just delete and reupload the map".... Problem are the mods, which now, are totally gone....

Is there anything i can do now? I spent way too much time on this map to just loss every progress (specially the mods)
By now the map is again in graveyard and im totally scared to hit the resurrect button again...

osu! version: 20180412.2 (latest)
Topic Starter
LittleFox
Even resurrecting manually, and clearing everything, still cant upload the beatmap:

peppy
Could you please download from the server and try re-uploading now? I've restored the original version for you and remove it from the graveyard.
Topic Starter
LittleFox

peppy wrote:

Could you please download from the server and try re-uploading now? I've restored the original version for you and remove it from the graveyard.

Downloaded, fixed, patched and reuploaded with no issue! Thanks a lot!

(I owe you my life ppy <3 )

Resolved.