forum

Why do those (karate, Taekwando, etc) even exist?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
When you can just fight naturally?

Imagine a black belt boy fighting a non experienced boy(but bigger) who do you think will win?

Probably the non-experienced boy because we all know that punches to the face will declare you the winner
Comfy Slippers
What are you on about?
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Comfy Slippers wrote:

What are you on about?

Probably on my annoying classmates who brags about their black belt, when that doesn't even matter in a real fight.
DaddyCoolVipper

szkiller wrote:

When you can just fight naturally?

Imagine a black belt boy fighting a non experienced boy(but bigger) who do you think will win?

Probably the non-experienced boy because we all know that punches to the face will declare you the winner

"just fighting naturally" lol

"non-experienced would probably win" lol

They exist because they are better than just fighting on instinct alone without any skill or proper method to it. Look into MMA btw
roshan117
u realize they learn how to block and counter punches right
levesterz
Green Platinum
Most martial art schools for kids just award belts on attendance rather than any demonstrable skill so there are a lot crap fighters with black belts. A decently sized kid could probably tackle one to the ground and utterly hammer them but that's more due to the training being wasted on most kids rather than the training being illegitimate.
ColdTooth

Green Platinum wrote:

Most martial art schools for kids just award belts on attendance rather than any demonstrable skill so there are a lot crap fighters with black belts. A decently sized kid could probably tackle one to the ground and utterly hammer them but that's more due to the training being wasted on most kids rather than the training being illegitimate.
This is true.

I'd also like to add on that martial art is a way for self-defense that is still used and practiced to this day. It dates back hundreds of years ago as a means of fighting, because let's face it, a sword was going to pretty much kill you, why not befriend your enemies, but also want to beat them up without actually killing them.

Essentially, martial art is just a hobby now, because you are right, today's society isn't really "fit" because when you have guns, it's so much easier to fight. Then again, the gun AND the bullets are a billion times more expensive than kicking the thief in the nuts.
Comfy Slippers
This is why I did chess. Karatefags would always laugh at me for being a patrician and an enlightened individual.
abraker
Enter the mental image of a line of people trying to karate chop thin air while yelling "YAA YAA YAA"
Serraionga

abraker wrote:

"YAA YAA YAA"
Link Is That You

Best Regards,
Travelling Through nf Tin e,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,#4n5g/&/Fnnjs1k\jF612Crouching.

I won!
DaddyCoolVipper

ColdTooth wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

This is true.

I'd also like to add on that martial art is a way for self-defense that is still used and practiced to this day. It dates back hundreds of years ago as a means of fighting, because let's face it, a sword was going to pretty much kill you, why not befriend your enemies, but also want to beat them up without actually killing them.

Essentially, martial art is just a hobby now, because you are right, today's society isn't really "fit" because when you have guns, it's so much easier to fight. Then again, the gun AND the bullets are a billion times more expensive than kicking the thief in the nuts.
Props for touching on the escalation of violence at first (although you then proceeded to forget about it)

Aggressors aren't generally looking to fucking execute you just because they want a fight, "just use a gun" is pretty irrational. Back in medieval times if two men had an argument they'd literally put their weapons on the ground or leave them sheathed and fistfight. Escalating the situation to "I'm pulling out my gun so now you have to pull yours out and then the slower person gets executed in cold blood" is ludicrous, but seems to be the American logic.
Shohei Ohtani
This is the kind of thread you make when you're mad that your mom is making you go to Karate practice instead of going to the Asking Alexandria concert with your friends
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

CDFA wrote:

This is the kind of thread you make when you're mad that your mom is making you go to Karate practice instead of going to the Asking Alexandria concert with your friends

Lol no I am not going to the asking alexandria concert.. Or whatever you call it.