forum

What headphones do you use while playing osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Skuld
-
CapnDavid
Sony.
Xaffy

ampzz wrote:

Please don't tell me you're going to waste those on either on-board sound card and/or no amplifier...
If so, you'll just be wasting your money on buying headphones that good which require amplified driving to get their proper sound quality out and not be mulled by disgustingly drowned out sound.

I have a Auzentech X-Fi Forte, with default OPAMP. Not the best amp know to man, but it drives them sufficiently well. I might swap the OPAMP eventually or something, but I can't afford it yet.
IppE

Xafnia wrote:

AKG K702
Hows the headband on those? K701's headband is horribly hard and gives me headaches >:|
YTYuyu

mathexpert9981 wrote:

pretty unbearable, really gotta get some decent headphones (my previous pair of headphones broke after 4 years of use)

haha you're not the only 1 using those headphones :D
ampzz

IppE wrote:

Xafnia wrote:

AKG K702
Hows the headband on those? K701's headband is horribly hard and gives me headaches >:|
Tried them in-store and the headband felt more forgiving over the 701's from a personal experience and I have a pretty big head.
The cups fit snugly over my ears without any discomfort or feeling they were forcing my ears to distort unnaturally as well.
IppE

ampzz wrote:

The cups fit snugly over my ears without any discomfort or feeling they were forcing my ears to distort unnaturally as well.
That goes for the K701 as well, I'm just royally pissed off by the headband and wanted to know if AKG bothered to fix that or not.
ychao

ampzz wrote:

Tried them in-store and the headband felt more forgiving over the 701's from a personal experience and I have a pretty big head.
Similar experience for me as well. Granted I have a smallish head but I felt that the presence of 702's headband was less noticeable/irritating after being put on (this right after the 701s). It felt like they were almost of different materials but I cannot be sure. FWIW I still do not like the feel of the 'dimpled' headband after being so used to my AD900s, but I digress.

To answer the OP, I use a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD900s for general purposes - which includes playing osu!.
Dr Loliberg
they're shitty generic headphones, but doesn't bother me. I do want to get some decent cans tho...

thelewa
Superlux HD662 F

in the process of burning them in at the moment :MU(adf
Xaffy

IppE wrote:

ampzz wrote:

That goes for the K701 as well, I'm just royally pissed off by the headband and wanted to know if AKG bothered to fix that or not.
They feel really comfortable to me. I can't feel the bumps at all, but maybe it's cause I have a lot of hair.
---Assault[K]---

mathexpert9981 wrote:

pretty unbearable, really gotta get some decent headphones (my previous pair of headphones broke after 4 years of use)

Lol it came with the iPhone ~
senaya

Larousse wrote:

aaaah..

Rii_old_1
whoa those headphones are so common it seems

break break
Natteke
SteelSeries Siberia V2
Corin

Natteke wrote:

SteelSeries Siberia V2
IppE

Corin wrote:

wolfn

kriers wrote:

The legendary regret-tape.
I'm all too familiar with it. >.<

I got the Razer Megalodon in today and the cups are too small for my stupidly large ears. So I'm turning them back in and going to go for the Razer Tiamat when it's released.
Natteke

Corin wrote:

Natteke wrote:

SteelSeries Siberia V2
jelly?
Shiirn
logitech oh-hey-this-is-only-$20
Niko

Creative Aurvana Live!
I need some decent soundcard though :?
wolfn

Shiirn wrote:

logitech oh-hey-this-is-only-$20
That's what I still have, except 6 times more expensive and half as reliable. (G930, the wireless one)
KinomiCandy
Tritton AX Pro, used to use a Beats by Dr. Dre.
God, my ears hurts by wearing these kinda headsets.

My Angel Gordon
KRK KNS 6400s, which really are bad for osu!

Quite unforgiving of the source. Great for my music though.
Capricore
Sometimes I borrow my sister's Beats Headphones. It's okay, not all that amazing.
But most of the time, I just use random earphones I find lying around.
I prefer earphones, since it doesn't mess my hair up and makes my ears feel weird.
Birdy
laptop speakers
Meru
headset keenion... but it broke Dx
so I use simbadda cst 6000 speaker
Fight69
Mine just died few days ago... :<
Meru

Fight69 wrote:

Mine just died few days ago... :<
then... you should buy the new one :v
MMzz
Skullcandy

Jacob wrote:

Sometimes I borrow my sister's Beats Headphones. It's okay, not all that amazing.
But most of the time, I just use random earphones I find lying around.
I prefer earphones, since it doesn't mess my hair up and makes my ears feel weird.
Totaly can't play osu! with messy hair.
Most important part.
Hakase-nyan
Astro A40's from when I used to spend my time console gaming.
Jarby

2nnt wrote:

laptop speakers
You poor soul.
Shiro
sony MDR-XD200 when I'm not lazy
otherwise laptop speakers
Lunati
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Akenaide
I use a SteelSeries Siberia V1
D33d
AT AD700s, like so:

I could have better, but these are really good for their price, even if they're a ripoff in the UK.
GladiOol
very cheap aldi shit

just like the cheap BAT who locked my userpage rights
laport
sennheiser hd555 still works perfect after all those years

damn I wanted to look at gladi's userpage but it's not there :(
fuyuko-chan
apple earphones :3
GeNJiii_old
Sennheiser PC gaming 320 or something liek this >.<
show more