forum

[resolved] [Solved] Unable to go beyond 2*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bryanpedini
Problem Details:
Every time I play Osu! since a week or so it does this: (cluent part at 4:15)

It did that before but it fixed himself at a random point and randomly again it rehappened a week ago more intensively and now I can't play anything over 2,3* or with >ar6,0 or >120bpm. I'm stuck like at beginners' things...
And it seems even I'm not alone (
- https://youtu.be/LzfMxZ2enlg?t=4m54s
- https://youtu.be/XopBMNxTUiQ?t=1m10s
- https://youtu.be/DqkhvTn2Vs0 (particularly at 0:56)
I don't have enough time to search through all yt for these vids tho.. sorry :P

(osu! version: 20180406.6)
Death
I don't see anything in your video, but if you believe you have the same problem as the other videos you linked, that's called "key chatter", which is an issue with your keyboard. Try changing your key bindings to two new keys.
Topic Starter
bryanpedini
I've tried changing keyboard, changing keybinds, changing graphic tablet, changing computer, changing video card, using hdd instead of usual ssd, reinstalling the game, nothing, as this demonstrates as you *normally* don't mispell just one or two notes in a combo of 1000+ in the center part of a beatmap (I mean that I beated 4.8* maps and I can't do a 5 minutes 4* with low bpm and pretty large circles?)

By the way the video was about Osu! having not to get my keyboard clicks even while showing the click on right counters (I did another video all about that and even edited (something that I normally don't do because I will only stream when I'll get good bandwidth) but would be too much for my actual internet to upload as is 5Gb...) and I have a mechanical keyboard bought just for this game so I don't think (my opinion) that having tried that much options changing *almost* every variable but the game itself could be more than that (not mentioned that I tried Osu! in different systems too because we have a Mac at my school and did the same there too...)
Thanks. BJP.

EDIT1: this replay could help too as that first combobreak miss was not an accuracy problem...
LittleFox
So far i see you just need more practice...

Also, you dont have a good UR or Error margin (-16ms to 14ms, which is still too high)...

Anyways, just keep practicing, this happens to anyone, and if you feel that you did, indeed hit at the right time, try playing with compensation enabled, try whats better for you. (I play with +20ms, not because input lag, but comfort)
Topic Starter
bryanpedini

LittleFox wrote:

Anyways, try playing with compensation enabled
What is "compensation"?? (sorry my poor knowledge...)

LittleFox wrote:

Also, you dont have a good UR or Error margin (-16ms to 14ms, which is still too high)
So how to improve this because normally -10ms to +10ms is the "green 100" marks in term of scores and having even tried something with these (1, 2, 3) little babies which never betrayed almost anyone, me in first place, don't count for anything?
I mean, I can do 5* maps with jumps and streams and stuff and... these are 2 f** stars.. you can't blame yourself for not be able to do anything that's faster that a click every second or so when you're used to do 5*s... :shock: :x :( :cry:
Can someone give me any advice on how to improve/fix this, please???
Topic Starter
bryanpedini
btw... sorry for the "OFF TOPIC" question (I mean about THIS thread:) but I don't want (for respect of this game and forum) to start another thread or serie of posts just for this:
Is it possible to have two Osu! installations (like a stable and a beta 'cause I'm supporter and I want to try something new once in a while) on the same PC?
Thanks to everyone!
BJP.
LittleFox

BJPGVITA wrote:

LittleFox wrote:

Anyways, try playing with compensation enabled
What is "compensation"?? (sorry my poor knowledge...)

LittleFox wrote:

Also, you dont have a good UR or Error margin (-16ms to 14ms, which is still too high)
So how to improve this because normally -10ms to +10ms is the "green 100" marks in term of scores and having even tried something with these (1, 2, 3) little babies which never betrayed almost anyone, me in first place, don't count for anything?
I mean, I can do 5* maps with jumps and streams and stuff and... these are 2 f** stars.. you can't blame yourself for not be able to do anything that's faster that a click every second or so when you're used to do 5*s... :shock: :x :( :cry:
Can someone give me any advice on how to improve/fix this, please???
Practice.... The screenshot shows you moved your cursor 7ms earlier but hit it 11 ms later (when your cursor was not on the circle anymore)

This is just practice...

Enabling compensation makes the game run the metronome at a different pase than the song itself, but this can be good or bad depending on the person. For me, i click everything 20ms later so it doesnt feel like pressure. (Go to settings... there just look what you can do)
Topic Starter
bryanpedini
You mean the offset or something else?
Anyone has a solution for the last 2nd message plz!?
Death

BJPGVITA wrote:

Is it possible to have two Osu! installations (like a stable and a beta 'cause I'm supporter and I want to try something new once in a while) on the same PC?
Yes, this is possible if you install the game to two separate locations. It might mess with your default programs however, I'm not quite sure which version will be used to handle osu! file extensions. It's quite unnecessary to do this though, it barely takes any time at all to switch from Stable to Beta and vice versa.
Topic Starter
bryanpedini
All right, no problems in switching (I was actually worried about keeping another Osu! installation just for self created beatmaps so they wouldn't create mess with my collections and ranked played maps in my main).
Thanks! (to both!)
Considered solved.