forum

Jun Senoue - Green Hill (Modern)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
Hmm possibly i need to re upload everything a full beatmap submission. I'm pretty sure i not just 15 minutes ago just fixed everything. For the most part ill fix it all up...should have one mass update probably midnight -8 PST for I will take a break on this, cause i have been working on this all day.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

Moway wrote:

At least for my diff all of the notes need to be moved one tick to the right. I think the note resnap set them to the wrong location. I also think the timing point works better at 13542.

EDIT: It appears to be that way for all of the diffs.

I'm also mapping out the whole break that I put in, I think it will be nicer if the whole thing was mapped. I'll work on the beatsounds, I think i have a good idea of how to make it fit with the maps you did.

EDIT2: Offset needs to be changed. I have it on 13570 and that sounds about right.

To all of them or just your map?
NaomiMinette
Ah, how badly I wanted to play this game (the 3DS version is just bleh :()... Anyway:

[General]
I'm not a fan of the hit skins. Shouldn't they use... I dunno... something coming from the game? Still, you don't have to change this if you don't want to.

[Beginner Zone], [Act 1], and [Act 2]
* Okay, I'm just gonna say this now: the distance snapping is really inconsistent in these difficulties; stick to one.

[Act 1], [Act 2], and [Act 3]
* Did you just basically copy the previous difficulty and make a few changes? Because that's all that I'm seeing for these three. Try to make these difficulties stand out more; use more note patterns/slider shapes/etc.

[Moway's Boss]
I can't find anything wrong, though when the storyboard says "Speed UP!" the first time (around 1:24), this threw me off since the song breaks down here, and the same slider velocity is maintained. The second time "Speed UP!" is used (which seems to be hidden behind a spinner; around 1:50), the sliders aren't going faster or anything.

Uhh... yeah... That's about it for now. All I can say is work on Beginner Zone and Acts 1-3. (Don't give this post kudosu, either.)
chaotic_iak
Modding time! (Because you posted in #modreqs.)

[General]
I'd say a BPM of 160 instead of 80.
Hit skins are rather weird (Sonic's image shouldn't be pixelated like that), and custom sounds (pass/fail, extra spins) sound rather annoying.
Sweet and Speed Up images are rather annoying (Sweet appears at pretty much random time and Speed Up doesn't actually indicate speeding up).
Set a preview point.
Change background so it's 4:3.

[Beginner]
Make countdown normal speed (80 BPM).
Many spacing violations. I'm pretty sure AIMod shows many.
Many beats on half-beat; beginners need plenty of time before such a beat (because it's usually not rhythmic). 00:58:945 (1,2) is a particularly extreme example that it has a half-beat gap between them.

[Act 1]
Spacing violations again. Beats on half-beat again, although that's a little bit more tolerable seeing that it's Normal.
00:43:195 (2,3,1) - Stacking?

[Act 2]
Remove lead in.
AR +2 (to 6)
OD +2 (to 6)
Why does it feel similar to Act 1?
Spacing violations again. When timing of beats is irregular, make sure spacing is consistent.

[Act 3]
Remove lead in.
Make slider speed consistent.
AR +3 (to 7)
Spacing violations again.

[Moway's Boss]
Remove lead in.
I like this difficulty much more than the others; when spacing is irregular, timing is regular (all objects are separated by half-beat or something), and when timing is irregular, spacing is regular.
00:51:070 (1) - Repeat hidden by previous 3.

Yeah, you need quite some improvement, mostly about spacing (make them regular for Easy/Normal, and make them regular if timing is irregular for all) and beat timing (don't put half-beats on Easy, put only a small amount of half-beats on Normal, etc).
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

Blazevoir wrote:

Ah, how badly I wanted to play this game (the 3DS version is just bleh :()... Anyway:

[General]
I'm not a fan of the hit skins. Shouldn't they use... I dunno... something coming from the game? Still, you don't have to change this if you don't want to.

[Beginner Zone], [Act 1], and [Act 2]
* Okay, I'm just gonna say this now: the distance snapping is really inconsistent in these difficulties; stick to one.

[Act 1], [Act 2], and [Act 3]
* Did you just basically copy the previous difficulty and make a few changes? Because that's all that I'm seeing for these three. Try to make these difficulties stand out more; use more note patterns/slider shapes/etc.

[Moway's Boss]
I can't find anything wrong, though when the storyboard says "Speed UP!" the first time (around 1:24), this threw me off since the song breaks down here, and the same slider velocity is maintained. The second time "Speed UP!" is used (which seems to be hidden behind a spinner; around 1:50), the sliders aren't going faster or anything.

Uhh... yeah... That's about it for now. All I can say is work on Beginner Zone and Acts 1-3. (Don't give this post kudosu, either.)
There isnt really much to work with here since the song doesn't have a vocal line here so i mix between the two main audible rhythm. And well anyone who suggests anything to my beatmaps deserves Kudosu. Sorry if you don't believe in that but your getting it. :P, For the most part the speed ups are a distraction. The only difficulties they are remotely consistent with are Normal and Hard.

chaotic_iak wrote:

Modding time! (Because you posted in #modreqs.)

[General]
I'd say a BPM of 160 instead of 80.
Hit skins are rather weird (Sonic's image shouldn't be pixelated like that), and custom sounds (pass/fail, extra spins) sound rather annoying.
Sweet and Speed Up images are rather annoying (Sweet appears at pretty much random time and Speed Up doesn't actually indicate speeding up).
Set a preview point.
Change background so it's 4:3.

[Beginner]
Make countdown normal speed (80 BPM).
Many spacing violations. I'm pretty sure AIMod shows many.
Many beats on half-beat; beginners need plenty of time before such a beat (because it's usually not rhythmic). 00:58:945 (1,2) is a particularly extreme example that it has a half-beat gap between them.

[Act 1]
Spacing violations again. Beats on half-beat again, although that's a little bit more tolerable seeing that it's Normal.
00:43:195 (2,3,1) - Stacking?

[Act 2]
Remove lead in.
AR +2 (to 6)
OD +2 (to 6)
Why does it feel similar to Act 1?
Spacing violations again. When timing of beats is irregular, make sure spacing is consistent.

[Act 3]
Remove lead in.
Make slider speed consistent.
AR +3 (to 7)
Spacing violations again.

[Moway's Boss]
Remove lead in.
I like this difficulty much more than the others; when spacing is irregular, timing is regular (all objects are separated by half-beat or something), and when timing is irregular, spacing is regular.
00:51:070 (1) - Repeat hidden by previous 3.

Yeah, you need quite some improvement, mostly about spacing (make them regular for Easy/Normal, and make them regular if timing is irregular for all) and beat timing (don't put half-beats on Easy, put only a small amount of half-beats on Normal, etc).

All i can say is i really hope you know that isnt sonic in any of the hits, otherwise ill take into consideration most of the edits here.

One question...what are all the acroyms
NaomiMinette

Invert Tails Prower wrote:

One question...what are all the acroyms
AR = Approach Rate
OD = Overall Difficulty

They're the options under Song Setup -> Difficulty.
chaotic_iak

For the most part the speed ups are a distraction. The only difficulties they are remotely consistent with are Normal and Hard.
WHAT? You better use something that's not a text so people are not tricked of thinking it's going to actually speed up.

All i can say is i really hope you know that isnt sonic in any of the hits, otherwise ill take into consideration most of the edits here.
Uh what? I don't get what "any of the hits" means.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

chaotic_iak wrote:

For the most part the speed ups are a distraction. The only difficulties they are remotely consistent with are Normal and Hard.
WHAT? You better use something that's not a text so people are not tricked of thinking it's going to actually speed up.
By remotely i meant that the timing section is multiplies by x2 or x3 BPM. If you actually looked at the timing sections for those difficulties in timing you would have known that. For the most part it IS a speed up by BPM in Hard and Normal in the speed up sections. Do i have to make it THAT obvious to the point where all the beats are spaced out to hurt your hands?

Also i meant the custom hit images.
chaotic_iak
Uh sorry if I sounded rude.

I mean if you have Speed Up text but gameplay doesn't actually speed up (aka Easy, Insane, and Extra), it distracts the player. The purpose of osu! is not to distract the player to the point that it no longer becomes fun to play (say, when you have irregular timing+spacing I immediately got confused; do this several times in a row and I become annoyed; compare with Moway's Boss where things got intuitive save for occasional objects hidden under hit bursts, but that doesn't come in a bunch at the same time).

Also, x2 or x3 is not "remotely"; it is actually a speed up.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
To be honest i kept forgetting to remove the images for the boss difficulty if its a consolation XP
TheVileOne
Edit: I'm getting an Error Loading Audio error off of your map. It didn't seem to upload properly.

Okay here's your mod

General

Title: Green Hill: Act 2 (Normal) would be a more official name http://vgmdb.net/album/29979
Artist should be Jun Senoue.
Add Masato Nakamura and Naofumi Hataya to tags. Also SEGA and remix too. (and new, so if someone types in new sonic it will be a top listing)
Remove the tags that are already there. You don't need to include the artist, source, or title of the song in the tags.
(Keep modern as a tag)
Your mapset needs a preview point to be ranked. The option is located in the timing menu. Find a point that is a good representation of the song and select Set Preview Point. Do this for each difficulty. These points should be the same in every difficulty.

Your kiais should start and end on white ticks. All of your kiai start and end on unsnapped green lines?

00:37:452 - Bad place to have a kiai. Kiai should be saved for a climax part of the song and preferably on a downbeat (long white tick). If you have to map the kiai with a slow down, it's not a climax area of the song. I would move first kiai to here 01:01:570 -. End it here 01:13:570 - If you do this, add the kiai point to Beginner too.
Start second kiai here 01:37:570 -
End second kiai here 01:49:570 -

You end your difficulties on weird parts in the song. Try mapping until this 02:03:070 - in all difficulties.

Beginner Zone

Hitsounds patterns are largely consistent. The pattern and spacing consistency aren't much better. I feel there is little reason to space notes differently than 0.8 distance snap. Some pattern designs you made look nicer at a higher snap, but IMO, a well designed map wouldn't use patterns that don't work with a single snap if possible. If you see a part that isn't spaced at 0.8 and there is room to space it differently, try using 0.8 snap and see how it works.

00:25:570 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Combos are spaced differently. Shouldn't they be the same since there are supposed to be mirrored?
00:34:570 (2,3) - 0.8 snap would be better.
00:51:070 (2) - Add whistle?
00:51:445 (3) - Add finish to end?
00:51:445 (3) - End on the blue tick, because the sound is there. After that move the next notes over to fix the snap you were using.
00:56:320 (1) - Create a better curve for this. Adjust the points until you achieve a better curve, preferably one that has it's end pointing towards the next note.
00:57:445 (1) - Remove new combo to be consistent with other combos.
00:59:132 (1) - It sounds bad when you have two claps like this. Try using different hitsounds to represent each note or just have one hitsound like you had for other parts.
01:01:570 (1,2,3) - I have several issues with this. The first is that it's a bad place to start the next combo. Try to remove as much overlap as possible from your maps. And 2, the design is unappealing to look at. It could be a lot better. 3. The claps don't sound good. Add some hitsound variation. I don't see why it has to be entirely claps through this part. Lastly, the offbeat start of 3, is probably going to be hard to pickup. It's a bit much for the easiest difficulty. you could try this. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/416085 I highly recommend start the combo there, but how you place the notes is a bit up to you. My design might not be the most creative, and you could choose to keep your double mini slider pattern if you want, but please increase the snap to 1.0 to make it slightly more readable.
01:05:132 (1,2,3) - Make these spacings equal. 1.14 looks good to me. Turn grid snap and distance snap off. Then move 3 until it looks like the spacing is equal. Turn both back on afterwards. (or use 0.8 to be more consistent)
01:12:070 (2) - I expected a clap here.
01:13:007 (1) - Claps are more distracting than helpful IMO. I suggest replacing the end clap with a whistle.
01:13:007 (1,2) - 0.8 would be better here IMO. the whole part after is 0.8 so it would make sense.
01:22:570 (1) - Points are evenly distributed, but does this look symmetrical to you? Here's a tip for making complex sliders. Use a smaller grid size. The toggle is G or access from the menu. This shape requires grid level 4 (most accurate grid level). Place the points exactly as shown in the screenshot.
01:37:570 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - Lacking a consistent hitsound rhythm. You shouldn't leave random gaps in this type of song. You also shouldn't change the hitsound rhythm constantly.

Here's some things I think you should do to fix this part.

01:37:570 (1) - Clap doesn't sound great on this. Remove it.
01:38:320 (2,3) - Whistles on the white ticks would be a more complete hitsound rhythm. Although a lot of your other version of this rhythm have only a hitsound of one or the other of these sounds. Now at some point you might want to agree on a proper way to hitsound similar mappings of this. I suggest you have a whistle on at least the second white tick.
01:40:570 - Don't skip this sound if you plan to have a super close spacing gap. Either space 01:40:007 (5,1) - more reasonably or add a note here. I suggest using 0.8 spacing. Afterwards give a slight curve to the red combo and when you get to 01:42:820 (3) -. I think it sounds good if you made this a slider that ends on the long white tick. Adjust all the spacing through here to follow 0.8. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/416113
01:47:132 (1) - Whistle on repeat?
01:48:070 (2,3) - 0.8 spacing.

Act 1

It would be easier if you used a smaller grid size.

00:13:570 (1) - Whistle on end.
00:14:882 (3) - I 50'd here on a sightread. Space the same as 1,2 to make it less awkward.
00:15:445 (4) - Remove clap from the repeat?
00:16:570 - I don't recommend skipping this. It is an important beat.
00:17:132 (1,2) - Plays badly. It's not starting on a primary note, rather starting in the middle of a rhythm in progress. Don't start on an offbeat unless it contributes to the rhythm in a meaningful way. I suggest deleting 1 and starting 2 half beat earlier. Move it here 00:16:945 - . 00:17:320 - < ignore this, it's unmappable for the rhythm you're going for IMO. Complete the rhythm with a note here 00:17:695 - or here 00:17:507 -. The blue tick option might be better since you did the same thing with the next pattern. http://puu.sh/ZIov < Mapping tip: Keeping the patterns consistent creates a better quality map.
00:20:320 (1,2) - Maybe whistles on the starts?
00:21:445 (3) - Isn't completely centered between 1,2.
00:23:320 (1,2,3) - Spacing should be equal. Use 1.4 snap.
00:27:445 (3,4) - I'm not sure about going straight down. Perhaps try this instead? What do you think? http://puu.sh/ZIMn
00:29:320 (1) - Whistle?
00:29:320 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,1,2) - Move up 1 grid 2 unit (your selected grid level) to center. Please do so.
00:29:320 (1,2,3,4) - Keep spacing consistent. Don't go below 0.8 snap. I think you should do this. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/416157 Notice the timeline change. I felt that 00:30:445 - didn't play that well in a lower snap, but when it's following the blue tick rhythm, it's perfectly playable.
00:31:007 (4,1) - At least 1.0 snap for this gap. 0.8 is a bit slow for the transition.
00:32:695 (2) - Clap.
00:35:882 (1) - Remove new combo.
00:40:570 (1,2,3,1) - Looks bad. I suggest making the transition more like the previous one, instead of the triples. In order to make the transition work you can respace 00:37:570 (1,2,1,2,1) - to 0.9. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/416164 I highly recommend you do this.
You might want to try for a more interesting pattern in general than a bunch of slowdown sliders. They play alright with the exception of the end transition, but it could be so much better.
00:46:570 (1) - Replace with a spinner? There's just no non awkward way to play this slider and it looks bad. End it here 00:49:570 -
01:06:445 (4,1) - Spacing shouldn't be this close.
01:09:445 (4) - Remove repeats and add note here 01:10:007 - ? Whistles on blues ticks.
01:11:132 (1,1,2) - Bad looking pattern. I think it needs to be more consistent with other patterns you have made. And please start it somewhere else on the screen.
01:12:445 (2) - Suggest you do the same thing as 1:09.
01:13:570 (1) - Bad looking spiral. May I suggest a multi repeating one? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/416195
Delete the sliders you had through this part and paste this into your .osu.
SPOILER
234,83,73570,6,4,B|178:130|161:199|147:284|271:384|356:300|394:269|424:208|384:128|328:80|272:96|240:160|256:208|296:216|304:200,3,560
Finish the part with a spinner that starts 01:22:757 - and ends here 01:25:195 -
01:31:570 (1,1,1,1) - I don't suggest you start on the ends of the sliders in a Normal level difficulty. But if you want to. 01:33:070 (1) - needs to be properly on the end. I suggest you space out, and don't repeat up with the first slider. There's no reason to have overlap. A possible fix. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/416206
01:37:570 (1,2,3,1,1) - Needs hitsounds.
01:41:695 (1,1) - More randomly placed than actually following a proper beat IMO. BTW how is this pace you're mapping any different than beginner stage? It might actually be easier than beginner stage.
01:45:445 (3,4,1) - Why do you have an angled approach here? It would be better if it were directly to the right of 3 instead. Move it there?
01:46:945 (1,2,3,4,1) - Missing hitsounds.
01:49:382 (1) - Start here 01:49:570 - End here 01:51:820 -
01:52:195 (1) - Start here 01:52:570 - End here 01:54:820 -
01:55:382 (1) - Start here 01:55:570 - End here 01:57:820 -

Act 2

00:13:570 (1) - Whistle on the end.
00:16:007 (5,1) - Too close.
00:16:570 - What do you have against mapping this sound? IMO thjs would be a much better timeline. http://puu.sh/ZKW1
00:17:320 (3) - Whistle on both ends to follow first hitsound pattern.
00:20:320 (3,4,5,6,7) - I don't know why your hitsounds aren't consistent.
00:22:007 (6) - Line up with 5 by moving down 1 unit.
00:22:007 (6,7) - 1.4 snap. Should be directly below 6.
00:34:007 (5,6,1) - Would look better if this formed a straight line.
00:35:882 (1) - Remove new combo.
00:46:195 (2,3,1) - Spacing should be equal here. Also consider doing this. http://puu.sh/ZLjX It's a lot cleaner than a random curve.
01:01:570 (1,1) - At least 0.8.
01:02:507 (2) - Whistle?
01:06:445 (4,1) - Too close. I'm not sure why this is a recurring pattern in your difficulties.
01:10:195 (1,1,1) - A change in the timeline should mean a change in spacing.
01:12:445 (2) - Remove the repeats and add a note here 01:13:007 - and here 01:13:382 - ? It's better than skipping over those sounds.
01:13:570 (1) - Another bad looking slider. I'm not sure what slider you should use. Try to use wide curves that don't go too near to other curves. I'm really not an expert in this field. Change what you're comfortable changing.
01:26:320 (3,1,2,3) - Unappealing spacing change. How about this? http://puu.sh/ZO8x It's not perfect, but that's another mod to suggest you a more perfect pattern.
01:30:070 (1,2,1) - Got to stack these better. Also you should start on the horizontal line.
01:31:570 (1) - Curve would be better if it followed the zigzag pattern that you created by stacking the slider ends. Notice the angle is very different?
01:31:101 - Move to the next red tick.
01:43:570 - Add note and stack with 1,2
01:43:757 - ^
01:44:695 - Add note and stack with 1,2
01:44:882 (4) - Sounds better here 01:45:097 - IMO
01:52:570 (3,4,5) - Consider increasing all of these sliders by 1/4th. right now I'll just leave this idea as a light suggestion. I will elaborate on this idea during the recheck. If you like use, otherwise wait for me to refine it.
01:55:757 (1) - Start 1/4th earlier.
01:58:570 (2) - You can't have a slider that overlaps in a way that makes it hard to tell which direction it goes.

I will mod the other difficulties tomorrow.
TheVileOne
Okay. A Recheck since my last mod was mainly to point out possible flawed areas and actual flawed areas. this mod will be how I think they can be fixed.

General

Remember to choose a preview time

Tags

Remove
Sonic Generations
Green Hill
Modern
"and"
Add
SEGA
remix
new

Second kiai needs to start here 01:37:570 -
Second kiai needs to end here 01:49:570 -

Beginner Zone

The major complaint I have with this difficulty is that major beats in the song are skipped for little reason, and there are multiple occasions where there are sections that are only slightly mapped to the beat. I'm not a personal fan of creating rhythm from pieces of larger rhythms. If you feel you like something better the way it is, then feel free to keep it. But I really suggest you only do so if you find my point in error. Otherwise I'm pointing out areas for improvement and you should try to make these parts better in someway.

00:25:570 - Hear this sound, you might want to try a finish or a whistle whenever this sound is mapped. I will suggest you map a few more of these notes, so make sure they are hitsounded.

00:25:570 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -

Problems with pattern currently
It's not centered, and 0.7 seems too slow for this part. Try 0.8. Also the second four pair uses the same hitsound pattern, but it's shifted 1/1 later than the previous 4 pattern. It would be ideal if you started both 4 patterns on long white ticks. However you may want to try a slightly different way of mapping it that uses more primary tones here.

My Suggestion

I'll start off with the timeline. This is what I think is the optimal beat here. http://puu.sh/106gH
To remove any uncertainties you may have of mapping it this way, I found a pretty good placement on the screen. Everything is perfectly snapped to 0.8.

Hitsounds for that part: Long white ticks are finishes, red ticks are claps except for this one 00:30:445 (3) - .

The combo after I also remapped a bit. the green combo here looks like this. http://puu.sh/106z1 I felt a longer slider would be a welcomed change here.

~~~~~~~~
00:49:570 - Consider a note here?
00:53:320 (1) - Replace finish with a whistle.
00:54:820 (3) - there is definitely a better arrangement that would follow the beat better. Although just a slider here technically works, personally I would have tried to follow the beat more closely. Up to you though. There's plenty of options.
00:56:320 (1) - Move 2nd point here x 304 y 152 and last point x 328 y 184
00:57:820 (3) - Sounds like it should go 1/4th later. End slider on long white tick.
01:02:320 (1,2) - Doesn't sound right. When I'm hitting these I expect the sounds to go together. But they feel like they are parts of unrelated tones. I don't recommend mixing tones.

My Suggestion

01:01:570 - Add note here. It will be the start of a simpler rhythm. (Add whistle). Delete your sliders, because my idea will use only notes.
Have a note here 01:02:320 - , and here 01:03:070 - instead. I have them placed like this on the screen and it plays a lot closer to the beat IMO. http://puu.sh/1085l

01:05:132 (1,2,3) - Looks kind of ugly and not perfectly following the beat. I think a simpler way can be mapped that wouldn't require a greater than 0.8 snap. http://puu.sh/108hg (You don't need to fix spacing with combo after. The gap is large enough to support most snaps.

If you don't choose to change, I suggest you figure a better way to place that combo that looks a bit nicer. I suggest more horizontal movement.

01:09:820 (3) - Is there someway these notes could be placed that would center this? http://puu.sh/108rW (Notice both sides of the pattern are 3 units away from the edges of the screen)
01:13:007 (3) - Delete and add a note here 01:13:195 - instead? It's definitely a lot simpler. That mini slider going into another slider, with those hitsounds is a bit much for an Easy IMO. (No hitsounds to this note would be perfect)
01:37:570 (1,2,3,4,5) - I'm not sure about this. I can tell this isn't entirely mapped accurately, and there is a simpler way it could be mapped. Maybe you should go for the simpler. Simpler looks better IMO. http://puu.sh/108K1 (Notice that the position of the notes is the predominant beat through this entire song).
01:41:320 (1,2,3) - Lets improve upon this pattern I gave you. http://puu.sh/1092P 3,4 of the second combo could be a single slider if you wanted to simplify it more. If you like, great, if you don't try to improve it in other ways I guess.

Act 1

I will mod it when this part is ready.

Act 2

I will mod it when this part is ready.

Act 3

Backup your difficulty before doing this.

Raise the slider velocity. Some parts of this is so awkward. Try increasing the slider velocity to 1.6. Unfortunately you will need to resize all your sliders manually. If your sliders don't scale when you change slider velocity, it's a bug. You sliders will stop scaling if it finds another green line. Although it will may look like the sliders are snapped right on the timeline, really the ends are unsnapped. Select recalculate slider lengths from the timing menu to fix. Make sure the spacing stays 1.0. You can change the 2.0x sections into 1.5x sections. I don't want to mod this until this is done, there's a major flow issue that's going to interfere with my mod.

Moway's Boss

Not much wrong, just a few design flaws.

00:51:070 (1) - Repeat is hidden. Unrankable. It plays so good though. :/
01:00:070 (1,2,3,4,5) - This is just awkward being notes for me. Probably just me.
01:04:195 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Confusing IMO. I do not like the spacing changes. Also when I come off this 01:03:632 (2,3,4) - you have to guess what the beat is going to be like. So it's vital that the spacing not be in a confusing manner, because there are no beat indicators.
01:13:476 - Add note?
01:15:820 (3,4,5) - sounds like it should be moved 1/4th later. That's where the triple is.
01:18:070 (3,4) - Don't change snaps? Flow over symmetry?
01:22:570 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Just random transitions off the triples. Doesn't flow that well. I came up with this. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/417219 Looks better in game than it does in the editor.
01:24:070 (3,1,2,3) - Spacing feels random for this part. I don't think you should have to head backwards to hit 01:24:632 (2) - . It should be more below 1 IMO.
01:27:820 (3,4) - I'm getting a 1.5 snap vibe from this.
01:29:320 (3,1) - I really don't think this is a fitting transition. You're adding an anti jump just because you're skipping over this 01:29:882 - instead of following the rhythm you started here 01:28:570 (1,2,3) - . If you want an anti jump do this. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/417227
01:31:007 (5,6) - Sound better 1/4th later. Please move them there.
01:46:570 (1,2) - Please make them parallel.
01:54:820 (5) - I expected this to repeat twice. Add an extra repeat?
01:57:632 (5) - IMO I would have added an extra repeat to this and continue the stream.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
Thank you so much for your help, Ill get working on all this as soon as i get the free time. XP Should be able to post on Sunday with nearly all of the fixes you suggested, considered then implemented by then.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
Im actually going to take the advice of a 4:3 red image cause its starting to get hard to look at empty space. But i need some suggestions towards what background should I use.
chaotic_iak
I'd say this is good. Just edit it in MS Paint (or something better if you have it): Find the 800x600 area you want to use, drag the image so the top-left of the canvas is the top-left of the area you want to use, and change the canvas size to 800x600.
sonikku2008
Hm... I was watching the difficulties that are beyond my skill level in auto mode, and I noticed that on the first Speed Up notice in Act 3 at 01:23:072 the player actually loses quite a bit of health in that segment, about 33%. Might I suggest adding in a break here to keep the player from being overwhelmed? (I would've expected something like this on the insane map maybe, but the insane map doesn't do this.)

In Act 1, at 00:17:818 beats 2 and 3 of this combo look very much like the the slider, beat 4. I've missed beat 3 as a result of this on more than one occasion by mistaking it for the tail end of a slider. This is the only point where this happens.

I'm not much of a modder, but this is just stuff I picked up on. Take it how you will. ^^''
Saten
[General]
Is this really 80bpm? feels like 160 to me (I recommend you change it and halving the Slider Velocity)
The skin is kinda distracting imo
I noticed that you're using the exact same Slider velo on all your diffs (except Act 3, and Boss is not included because it's a guest diff), which is not recommended. The slider velocity you're using fits best for your easiest difficulty only imo. SV 2,00 (or 1,00 with doubled BPM) fits for Act 3 for example, maybe higher than that plays well too.

Kiai 1
00:37:570 - Start
00:49:570 - End

Kiai 2
01:37:570 - Start
01:49:570 - End

[Moway's Boss]
Like the diffname says: Boss ♥
00:21:632 (4) - NC?
00:41:132 (4) - ^
00:33:632 (4) - ^
00:34:570 (1) - finish on start
00:35:882 (4) - whistle
00:36:070 (1) - whistle on tail
00:36:445 (2) - ^
00:42:257 (4) - NC?
00:43:382 - feels kinda empty here
00:45:632 (2,3,4,5) - make this part symmetrical 00:55:382 (7,8,1) - NC on (7) instead, feels better to have it started on a triple stacking like this one
00:50:320 (3,5,1) - (3,5)'s hitbursts are blocking the view for (1)'s repeat arrow
00:58:101 (5,6) - stack these instead under previous slider?
01:05:320 (5) - NC
01:01:382 (6,7,1) - NC on (6) instead
01:11:882 (6) - whistle
01:12:070 (1) - whistle on tail
01:12:445 (2) - ^
01:17:132 (4) - NC?
01:18:257 (4) - ^
01:25:570 (1) - finish on head
01:28:382 (4,5,1) - NC on (4) instead
01:36:632 (4) - NC?
01:48:351 (2,3) - stack these instead under previous slider?
01:56:695 (1,2,3) - Reverse these notes? but it might be too hard
02:01:757 (1) - finish
Fun diff

[Act 3]
Sudden speedups are never recommended
Feels like you're skipping alot of important beats

[Act 2]

[Act 1]
The low Approach Rate is confusing. 3 or 4 fits better

[Beginner Zone]
00:32:320 (1,1) - This spacing could be confusing
00:51:445 (4) - what's with the end part on this slider
00:56:320 (1) - weird slider
00:59:132 (1,2,3) - confusing part
01:13:007 (1) - why here? put in on the previous beat and fix the spacing on the following slider
01:39:070 (3,4,5) - might be correct spacing and so but this rhythm can be confusing for beginners
Why end it so sudden? map till the end like the other diffs

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I just think this could be improved alot

using faster slider velocity and such so that the objects doesn't look so crowded and so
Moway
[Moway's Boss]
00:21:632 (4) - NC? for this one no, because this section is the same length as the others
00:41:132 (4) - ^ fixed
00:33:632 (4) - ^ same length as other sections in that part
00:34:570 (1) - finish on start fixed
00:35:882 (4) - whistle fixed
00:36:070 (1) - whistle on tail fixed
00:36:445 (2) - ^ fixed
00:42:257 (4) - NC? fixed
00:43:382 - feels kinda empty here added note
00:45:632 (2,3,4,5) - make this part symmetrical fixed 00:55:382 (7,8,1) - NC on (7) instead, feels better to have it started on a triple stacking like this one fixed
00:50:320 (3,5,1) - (3,5)'s hitbursts are blocking the view for (1)'s repeat arrow fixed this
00:58:101 (5,6) - stack these instead under previous slider? fixed
01:05:320 (5) - NC fixing this one because it looks better, although it breaks my overall pattern of NC
01:01:382 (6,7,1) - NC on (6) instead fixed
01:11:882 (6) - whistle fixed
01:12:445 (2) - ^ both f ix
01:18:257 (4) - ^ both fix
01:25:570 (1) - finish on head fixed
01:28:382 (4,5,1) - NC on (4) instead fixed
01:36:632 (4) - NC? not on this one, I really want that part to be blue so its like sonic in ball form
01:48:351 (2,3) - stack these instead under previous slider? going to leave these ones
01:56:695 (1,2,3) - Reverse these notes? but it might be too hard i think its okay the way it is now
02:01:757 (1) - finish fixed
Fun diff

Thanks for the mod!

Here's an updated .osu file!

http://puu.sh/12kGV
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

Moway wrote:

[Moway's Boss]
00:21:632 (4) - NC? for this one no, because this section is the same length as the others
00:41:132 (4) - ^ fixed
00:33:632 (4) - ^ same length as other sections in that part
00:34:570 (1) - finish on start fixed
00:35:882 (4) - whistle fixed
00:36:070 (1) - whistle on tail fixed
00:36:445 (2) - ^ fixed
00:42:257 (4) - NC? fixed
00:43:382 - feels kinda empty here added note
00:45:632 (2,3,4,5) - make this part symmetrical fixed 00:55:382 (7,8,1) - NC on (7) instead, feels better to have it started on a triple stacking like this one fixed
00:50:320 (3,5,1) - (3,5)'s hitbursts are blocking the view for (1)'s repeat arrow fixed this
00:58:101 (5,6) - stack these instead under previous slider? fixed
01:05:320 (5) - NC fixing this one because it looks better, although it breaks my overall pattern of NC
01:01:382 (6,7,1) - NC on (6) instead fixed
01:11:882 (6) - whistle fixed
01:12:445 (2) - ^ both f ix
01:18:257 (4) - ^ both fix
01:25:570 (1) - finish on head fixed
01:28:382 (4,5,1) - NC on (4) instead fixed
01:36:632 (4) - NC? not on this one, I really want that part to be blue so its like sonic in ball form
01:48:351 (2,3) - stack these instead under previous slider? going to leave these ones
01:56:695 (1,2,3) - Reverse these notes? but it might be too hard i think its okay the way it is now
02:01:757 (1) - finish fixed
Fun diff

Thanks for the mod!

Here's an updated .osu file!

http://puu.sh/12kGV
Ah thanks XP

Saten wrote:

[General]
Is this really 80bpm? feels like 160 to me (I recommend you change it and halving the Slider Velocity)
The skin is kinda distracting imo
I noticed that you're using the exact same Slider velo on all your diffs (except Act 3, and Boss is not included because it's a guest diff), which is not recommended. The slider velocity you're using fits best for your easiest difficulty only imo. SV 2,00 (or 1,00 with doubled BPM) fits for Act 3 for example, maybe higher than that plays well too.

Kiai 1
00:37:570 - Start
00:49:570 - End

Kiai 2
01:37:570 - Start
01:49:570 - End

[Act 3]
Sudden speedups are never recommended
Feels like you're skipping alot of important beats
Due to it being the Hard difficulty I went with the sonic themed Ideology that Boosts are never planned, they are improvised

[Act 2]
Yay

[Act 1]
The low Approach Rate is confusing. 3 or 4 fits better - Done

[Beginner Zone]
00:32:320 (1,1) - This spacing could be confusing
00:51:445 (4) - what's with the end part on this slider
00:56:320 (1) - weird slider
00:59:132 (1,2,3) - confusing part
01:13:007 (1) - why here? put in on the previous beat and fix the spacing on the following slider
01:39:070 (3,4,5) - might be correct spacing and so but this rhythm can be confusing for beginners
Why end it so sudden? map till the end like the other diffs - This was done out of respect of the beginner, besides it does not end too suddenly

All done
TheVileOne
I think you should get a few more opinions, before I officially recheck this. Get one more mod and contact me. I will then do a full mod of this again.

It's to prevent bias. How you fix by others opinions will probably be different than how you fix from my opinions.It will be good that you get a variety of opinions on this instead of just mine. When you feel comfortable, bring this out of WIP since it's a fully mapped set and get it modded at least once.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
Ive added a little storyboard feature to warn players of the killer speed ups in the Act 3 Difficulty in my latest update, if anyone would like to give some tips, feedback, or even help me with a better sound effect for warning or a higher quality image than what i have now. Please speak up :3
Tetkun
Act 1 and 2 this neko approves! and Act 3 is hard but fun all at the same time those ones really sync to the song well.
KiryaNS
Good Map))
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

DustinTN wrote:

Act 1 and 2 this neko approves! and Act 3 is hard but fun all at the same time those ones really sync to the song well.

KiryaNS wrote:

Good Map))
thanks
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
Revival bump (still waiting on BAT)
Elly-chan
A lot of Kudosu has been revoked from this thread by me; 'heads up that you don't just throw it at people if they say your map is good! Only for mods and helpful imput on the map itself, not just remarks saying it's fun or good so far. ^^
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.