forum

Jun Senoue - Green Hill (Modern)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, October 21, 2012 at 9:58:57 PM

Artist: Jun Senoue
Title: Green Hill (Modern)
Source: Sonic Genrations
Tags: SEGA remix New Masato Nakamura and Naofumi Hataya
BPM: 80
Filesize: 7136kb
Play Time: 02:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Act 1 (1.77 stars, 88 notes)
  2. Act 2 (3.69 stars, 140 notes)
  3. Act 3 (4.33 stars, 163 notes)
  4. Beginner Zone (0.78 stars, 68 notes)
  5. Moway's Boss (5 stars, 365 notes)
Download: Jun Senoue - Green Hill (Modern)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Beginner to Act 3 by Me
Boss by Moway

Modern Green Hill from Sonic Generations that im working on, any help with testing or tips is well appreciated. Thanks :3

~ Invert Tails

[August 9th 2012]
- Added Minor Story-boarding
- Tweaked Beginner & Normal
- Planned for Hard and Insane

[August 10th 2012]
- Began and Semi-Finished Hard Difficulty
- Hard is availible to play but needs review

[August 13th 2012]
- Looking for a mapper for a Insane diffuculty done from scratch!
- Edits Requested by user below applied to the difficulties.

sCam wrote:

Normal
-----------------
00:17:606 Move circle (1) to 00:16:856

Hard
------------------------
00:46:293 place (3) here
01:39:730 add circle if you want
01:40:667 remove circle
Also, since this is last difficulty, put AR +1

That's al for now, good luck!
LOOKING FOR MAPPER TO DO INSANE DIFFICULTY!

[August 17th 2012]
- 70% of SephWalker's suggestions have been applied
- Difficulties have become zones and acts.
- An update later today will include some fixes in Act 3 ("Hard") [Completed]

STILL LOOKING FOR MAPPER TO DO INSANE DIFFICULTY!

[August 18th 2012]
- New Sound effects added for the speed up sections in Normal and Hard

[August 20th 2012]
- Made the music a slight bit more audiable in the .mp3
- Fixed a major spacing problem around the middle of the Act 3 Difficulty

[August 22nd 2012]
- Planning to fix audio due to quietness
- Tweeked spacing in Hard (Act 3)
- Added a few custom items, please comment if you like or do not like them.
- Tweeked the beatmap info and the mp3 for simpler download.
- Real quickly fixed timing but still need advice on timing after finding out the Mp3 update de-sync'd the beatmaps!
- Moway's Boss Level (Insane) has been added, making this a complete submission but i wont move to pending till i get more community modding.
- More timing and tweaking throughout the entire day.

[August 25th 2012]
- Went through each difficulty with AI mod and applies a few increases in difficulty reccomended by Chaotic_iak
- Now ready for one more mod before moving to pending!
- Tweeks to the [Act 3] Speed up section have been made
- More Spacing fixes through AI mod in [Act 3]

[August 29th 2012]
- Changed a lot in Beginnner
- Finally found true author to song and edited accordingly.
- More Changes soon way later today.

[August 30th 2012]
- Worked on making Beginner more fluid.
- All difficulties will be worked on on my days off. :3

[August 31st 2012]
- Beginner tweeked hitsownds
- Act 1 Fixed spacing and other issues dignified in the last 2 posts on page 2 of the topic.
- Act 1 Changed a few hitsounds.
- Act 2 Fixed spacing and other issues dignified in the last 2 posts on page 2 of the topic.
- Act 2 Changed a few hitsounds.

[September 2nd 2012]
- Act 3 Fixed spacing and other issues
- Act 3 Increased Slider Velocity dignified in the last 2 posts on page 2 of the topic.
- Act 3 Changed a few hitsounds.
- Planning to move to pending very soon.

[September 4th 2012]
- A much higher res background has been added and is now 4:3. Your welcome... *turns away*
- New Health bar assuming that your format is genrally around the default
- Act 1 tweaked slightly at the beginning
- Act 3 a break before the 1st speed up was added. So people dont die quickly.
- Added preview points to all beatmaps
- Modified tags

[September 5th 2012]
- Moway updated his boss level!
- Begninner was tweaked
- Act 1's approach rate was increased to 4
- Possibly moving to pending today or tomorrow

[September 11th 2012]
- Act 3 has a new warning system for the bigger speed up sections. Opinions?

[September 13th 2012]
- Result Screen update

[September 18th 2012]
- Moved to Pending!

[October 21st 2012]
- Unkown update to Beginner Zone. Probably forgot to update again.
Link2006
I tried it in solo and used mods, It is easy without them and gives a really good challenge with them. I love it .

Also tried it with you in multi, It was fun.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
Thanks, why do beatmaps submitted never get attention to be tested, i swear the system is backwards.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
I dunno if its legal to multi-post but i added a normal. Still would like more opinions on it and such so feel free to comment and all. :3
SephyFoxx
I think it's a great beatmap. You're doing a great job. :3
sCam
Hi from mod req!

first I wanna suggest some difficulty name ideas? Since it's Sonic, wouldn't it be fun to call Beginner(Act 1) like in all the sonic games there's like 3 acts, then the Final Boss. You have 4 difficulties, so this could work. Just an idea. It's prolly stupid of me to think this way <.<

Anyways!

Beginner
------------------
Got nothing, looks fine to me.

Easy
-----------------
got nothing either. so far so good.

Normal
-----------------
00:17:606 Move circle (1) to 00:16:856

Hard
------------------------
00:46:293 place (3) here
01:39:730 add circle if you want
01:40:667 remove circle
Also, since this is last difficulty, put AR +1

That's al for now, good luck!
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
Thanks for the pointers, I've applied it to my beatmaps. :3
SephWalker

sCam wrote:

Hi from mod req!

first I wanna suggest some difficulty name ideas? Since it's Sonic, wouldn't it be fun to call Beginner(Act 1) like in all the sonic games there's like 3 acts, then the Final Boss. You have 4 difficulties, so this could work. Just an idea. It's prolly stupid of me to think this way <.<
Greetings -- sCam referred me here when I asked for video game music to mod. Excited to mod this map, I love Sonic and the music is always great -- although, I like it better in the older games, it's still great.
[General]
I agree wholeheartedly with sCam. Beginner - Act 1, Easy - Act 2, Normal - Act 3, Hard - Final Boss. I think this would work really well. Naming the difficulty levels, for me at least, makes me compelled to complete them all. Especially when they're from a video game. It also just plain out adds a lot of flavour to the beatmap, makes it stand out in peoples' lists.

Onwards to the modes:

[Beginner]
The only thing I can say about this is that you should probably avoid stacking beats the way you do. It would probably confuse a new player, especially one playing on "Beginner".

[Easy]
The same as above. Lots of stacking in this one, should avoid it on easier difficulties.

[Normal]
Oi, I can tell I'm gonna have a lot of recommendations on this one. So, as a general rule of thumb, in the easier difficulties (ie Normal and lower) you should pretty much always have distance snap turned on. I honestly might suggest that you even remake this map entirely with distance snap turned on. The reason it is kept on is because the spacing of the beats needs to be intuitive to the player. If you space all the beats by hand, you might make mistakes that result in the player being very confused.
  1. 00:15:356 (4) - This doesn't match with the beat at all. The beat actually is "1 2 X 4" instead of "1 2 3 4". Take a look at my screenshot: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/405243
  2. 00:16:856 (1) - Wrong timing. Move one blue tick to the right. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/405245
  3. 00:21:918 (4) - Turn this from a slider into a circle. It makes no sense being a slider. If you really want it as a slider, extend it to the red tick next to the next note.
  4. 00:26:231 (1,2,3) - This section is really boring to play. Not a horribly big deal, but might want to consider changing it to something more interesting.
  5. 00:30:918 (4) - Same problem as before. Turn from a slider to a circle.
  6. 00:33:356 (1) - This spinner is really out of place. Remove it, and put a pattern in here.
  7. 00:35:793 (1,2) - These need to be remapped entirely. Remove them, and make a new section here.
  8. 00:43:106 (4,5) - These two need to go.
  9. 00:46:293 (3) - Move this two grids up, and two grids to the left. This is why we leave distance snap on. ;)
  10. 00:48:918 (4) - You can add some more notes here to finish off this section of the song. See: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/405255
  11. 01:01:481 (1) - The spacing here is really bad. Stacking the notes like this is confusing. See for improvement: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/405260
  12. 01:05:793 (2) - Move one up, three to the right.
  13. 01:06:356 (4) - Turn from a slider into two circles.
  14. 01:07:106 (1) - Get rid of entirely.
  15. 01:08:793 (2) - Two grids to the right.
    etc. etc. etc. I think you get the jist. If you go through and fix all the problems like this (stacked circles, bad distances) I'll gladly re-mod the map for you.
[Hard]
Hard suffers from many similar problems to Normal. If you go through and check to make sure each beat actually corresponds to SOMETHING in the map, I'll gladly mod it, but for now I'm going to leave it alone.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

SephWalker wrote:

sCam wrote:

Hi from mod req!

Greetings -- sCam referred me here when I asked for video game music to mod. Excited to mod this map, I love Sonic and the music is always great -- although, I like it better in the older games, it's still great.
[General]
I agree wholeheartedly with sCam. Beginner - Act 1, Easy - Act 2, Normal - Act 3, Hard - Final Boss. I think this would work really well. Naming the difficulty levels, for me at least, makes me compelled to complete them all. Especially when they're from a video game. It also just plain out adds a lot of flavour to the beatmap, makes it stand out in peoples' lists.

Onwards to the modes:

[Beginner]
The only thing I can say about this is that you should probably avoid stacking beats the way you do. It would probably confuse a new player, especially one playing on "Beginner".

[Easy]
The same as above. Lots of stacking in this one, should avoid it on easier difficulties.

[Normal]
Oi, I can tell I'm gonna have a lot of recommendations on this one. So, as a general rule of thumb, in the easier difficulties (ie Normal and lower) you should pretty much always have distance snap turned on. I honestly might suggest that you even remake this map entirely with distance snap turned on. The reason it is kept on is because the spacing of the beats needs to be intuitive to the player. If you space all the beats by hand, you might make mistakes that result in the player being very confused.
  1. 00:15:356 (4) - This doesn't match with the beat at all. The beat actually is "1 2 X 4" instead of "1 2 3 4". Take a look at my screenshot: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/405243
  2. 00:16:856 (1) - Wrong timing. Move one blue tick to the right. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/405245
  3. 00:21:918 (4) - Turn this from a slider into a circle. It makes no sense being a slider. If you really want it as a slider, extend it to the red tick next to the next note.
  4. 00:26:231 (1,2,3) - This section is really boring to play. Not a horribly big deal, but might want to consider changing it to something more interesting.
  5. 00:30:918 (4) - Same problem as before. Turn from a slider to a circle.
  6. 00:33:356 (1) - This spinner is really out of place. Remove it, and put a pattern in here.
  7. 00:35:793 (1,2) - These need to be remapped entirely. Remove them, and make a new section here.
  8. 00:43:106 (4,5) - These two need to go.
  9. 00:46:293 (3) - Move this two grids up, and two grids to the left. This is why we leave distance snap on. ;)
  10. 00:48:918 (4) - You can add some more notes here to finish off this section of the song. See: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/405255
  11. 01:01:481 (1) - The spacing here is really bad. Stacking the notes like this is confusing. See for improvement: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/405260
  12. 01:05:793 (2) - Move one up, three to the right.
  13. 01:06:356 (4) - Turn from a slider into two circles.
  14. 01:07:106 (1) - Get rid of entirely.
  15. 01:08:793 (2) - Two grids to the right.
    etc. etc. etc. I think you get the jist. If you go through and fix all the problems like this (stacked circles, bad distances) I'll gladly re-mod the map for you.
[Hard]
Hard suffers from many similar problems to Normal. If you go through and check to make sure each beat actually corresponds to SOMETHING in the map, I'll gladly mod it, but for now I'm going to leave it alone.

Would you be interested in doing the 5th difficuly Insane. I need someone to do it.
SephWalker

Invert Tails Prower wrote:

Would you be interested in doing the 5th difficuly Insane. I need someone to do it.
I'm sorry, I don't really have the time right now. :(
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

SephWalker wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't really have the time right now. :(
No worries then man. Thanks again for the mod advice
Moway
A few quick things.

Audio bitrate is too high. Reduce to 192.

Background image must be 4:3, commonly 800x600 and 1024x768 are used, so those should be sizes you should go for.

Overall beatsounds are too loud, try experimenting with different volumes on your timing points.

Mp3 is way too long for the play time. Cut the mp3 so that it ends when the mapping ends.

Source should be Sonic Generations.

None of your tags are necessary since all of the words are in either Artist or Title.

I'll do a full mod eventually, but these are things you either absolutely need to fix or I highly recommend you fix.

Working on my diff right now.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

Moway wrote:

A few quick things.

Audio bitrate is too high. Reduce to 192.

Background image must be 4:3, commonly 800x600 and 1024x768 are used, so those should be sizes you should go for.

Overall beatsounds are too loud, try experimenting with different volumes on your timing points.

Mp3 is way too long for the play time. Cut the mp3 so that it ends when the mapping ends.

Source should be Sonic Generations.

None of your tags are necessary since all of the words are in either Artist or Title.

I'll do a full mod eventually, but these are things you either absolutely need to fix or I highly recommend you fix.

Working on my diff right now.
Thanks for the input though the audio bit rate is only a 128 for i use audacity to record this, the background image seems to work fine on my osu but that may be because i use an HD resolution. Though I attempted to once again increase the volume of the music so that the hit circles doesn't overpower the music. As well as cutting down the mp3 to stop at 2:15 so hope you don't go too far in the insane difficulty, made the mp3 a bit smaller in size.
Moway
Here's the diff. No hitsounds though, because I'm not exactly sure what you want to do with the other diffs. For now though, here's the rough format, see if you like it or not.

http://puu.sh/XPDZ

copy paste text in notepad then save as a .osu file in the song folder then full upload
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

Moway wrote:

Here's the diff. No hitsounds though, because I'm not exactly sure what you want to do with the other diffs. For now though, here's the rough format, see if you like it or not.

copy paste text in notepad then save as a .osu file in the song folder then full upload

Sir you have outdone yourself. This is perfect XD...ill just adjust the offset to the new map cause its a bit different now that Ive redone the audio file for some reason....it DE-synced all my maps.
Moway

Moway wrote:

Sir you have outdone yourself. This is perfect XD...ill just adjust the offset to the new map cause its a bit different now that Ive redone the audio file for some reason....it DE-synced all my maps.
Also, the timing points weren't snapped, probably due to bpm/offset changes, so make sure to check those again. Glad that you like the diff.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
I recently went through and re snapped each and every beatmap and had to go though the first through to fix about a few of the last notes cause they snapped the wrong way but as far as i know its fixed again.
Moway
At least for my diff all of the notes need to be moved one tick to the right. I think the note resnap set them to the wrong location. I also think the timing point works better at 13542.

EDIT: It appears to be that way for all of the diffs.

I'm also mapping out the whole break that I put in, I think it will be nicer if the whole thing was mapped. I'll work on the beatsounds, I think i have a good idea of how to make it fit with the maps you did.

EDIT2: Offset needs to be changed. I have it on 13570 and that sounds about right.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower
Hmm possibly i need to re upload everything a full beatmap submission. I'm pretty sure i not just 15 minutes ago just fixed everything. For the most part ill fix it all up...should have one mass update probably midnight -8 PST for I will take a break on this, cause i have been working on this all day.
Topic Starter
Invert Tails Prower

Moway wrote:

At least for my diff all of the notes need to be moved one tick to the right. I think the note resnap set them to the wrong location. I also think the timing point works better at 13542.

EDIT: It appears to be that way for all of the diffs.

I'm also mapping out the whole break that I put in, I think it will be nicer if the whole thing was mapped. I'll work on the beatsounds, I think i have a good idea of how to make it fit with the maps you did.

EDIT2: Offset needs to be changed. I have it on 13570 and that sounds about right.

To all of them or just your map?
NaomiMinette
Ah, how badly I wanted to play this game (the 3DS version is just bleh :()... Anyway:

[General]
I'm not a fan of the hit skins. Shouldn't they use... I dunno... something coming from the game? Still, you don't have to change this if you don't want to.

[Beginner Zone], [Act 1], and [Act 2]
* Okay, I'm just gonna say this now: the distance snapping is really inconsistent in these difficulties; stick to one.

[Act 1], [Act 2], and [Act 3]
* Did you just basically copy the previous difficulty and make a few changes? Because that's all that I'm seeing for these three. Try to make these difficulties stand out more; use more note patterns/slider shapes/etc.

[Moway's Boss]
I can't find anything wrong, though when the storyboard says "Speed UP!" the first time (around 1:24), this threw me off since the song breaks down here, and the same slider velocity is maintained. The second time "Speed UP!" is used (which seems to be hidden behind a spinner; around 1:50), the sliders aren't going faster or anything.

Uhh... yeah... That's about it for now. All I can say is work on Beginner Zone and Acts 1-3. (Don't give this post kudosu, either.)
chaotic_iak
Modding time! (Because you posted in #modreqs.)

[General]
I'd say a BPM of 160 instead of 80.
Hit skins are rather weird (Sonic's image shouldn't be pixelated like that), and custom sounds (pass/fail, extra spins) sound rather annoying.
Sweet and Speed Up images are rather annoying (Sweet appears at pretty much random time and Speed Up doesn't actually indicate speeding up).
Set a preview point.
Change background so it's 4:3.

[Beginner]
Make countdown normal speed (80 BPM).
Many spacing violations. I'm pretty sure AIMod shows many.
Many beats on half-beat; beginners need plenty of time before such a beat (because it's usually not rhythmic). 00:58:945 (1,2) is a particularly extreme example that it has a half-beat gap between them.

[Act 1]
Spacing violations again. Beats on half-beat again, although that's a little bit more tolerable seeing that it's Normal.
00:43:195 (2,3,1) - Stacking?

[Act 2]
Remove lead in.
AR +2 (to 6)
OD +2 (to 6)
Why does it feel similar to Act 1?
Spacing violations again. When timing of beats is irregular, make sure spacing is consistent.

[Act 3]
Remove lead in.
Make slider speed consistent.
AR +3 (to 7)
Spacing violations again.

[Moway's Boss]
Remove lead in.
I like this difficulty much more than the others; when spacing is irregular, timing is regular (all objects are separated by half-beat or something), and when timing is irregular, spacing is regular.
00:51:070 (1) - Repeat hidden by previous 3.

Yeah, you need quite some improvement, mostly about spacing (make them regular for Easy/Normal, and make them regular if timing is irregular for all) and beat timing (don't put half-beats on Easy, put only a small amount of half-beats on Normal, etc).
show more