forum

BeatmapStation - search beatmaps, and download them from your in-game messages

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ganter
I can't install program. Installation screen appears, but there nothing happens. I have installed latest Java version. Tried re-download setup files, reinstall Java and reboot my pc, same result.
Also in %APPDATA% was created beatmap-station folder, with cache, langs and logs folders. Folders cache and logs are empty.
What could be the problem?
https://imgur.com/a/yIVeiJk
dZark
Cant open it, it just keep loading forever just like in @Ganter screen
Topic Starter
Eber

Ganter wrote:

I can't install program. Installation screen appears, but there nothing happens. I have installed latest Java version. Tried re-download setup files, reinstall Java and reboot my pc, same result.
Also in %APPDATA% was created beatmap-station folder, with cache, langs and logs folders. Folders cache and logs are empty.

dZark wrote:

Thanks for reporting it! I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I released a new version and I hope it's fixed now ^-^.

As the apps was trying to load the language file equivalent to your system's language, even if it didn't exists. That was your case, it was trying to load the ru.lang (the Russian language file), but the app is not even translated to Russian.

If it keeps doesn't working, please try to delete the folder "beatmap-station" on your %appdata%. If it still doesn't work, please contact me.

Again, I'm really sorry for this.
Ganter

Eber wrote:

Ganter wrote:

dZark wrote:

Thanks for reporting it! I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I released a new version and I hope it's fixed now ^-^.

As the apps was trying to load the language file equivalent to your system's language, even if it didn't exists. That was your case, it was trying to load the ru.lang (the Russian language file), but the app is not even translated to Russian.

If it keeps doesn't working, please try to delete the folder "beatmap-station" on your %appdata%. If it still doesn't work, please contact me.

Again, I'm really sorry for this.

Thank you! Now everything works.

upd: There is a problem with mog422 mirror, since mog no longer update new beatmaps app can't get any of them.
With old beatmaps works fine.
Topic Starter
Eber

Ganter wrote:

There is a problem with mog422 mirror, since mog no longer update new beatmaps app can't get any of them.
With old beatmaps works fine.

Yeah, I'm sorry for that. I'll be looking into adding new mirrors to the app (currently we have only two of them), but it'll be take a while 'till I find a decent one.

Also, the app has another mirror to download unranked beatmaps and maps which aren't available on mog's one. This one wasn't working properly since yesterday, but now it's seems normal.
Kenyy
My BeatmapStation was working fine yesterday but today it just kept on loading forever and even after i reinstall it didnt fix. Send Help
Topic Starter
Eber

Kenyy23 wrote:

My BeatmapStation was working fine yesterday but today it just kept on loading forever and even after i reinstall it didnt fix. Send Help

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm already aware of this problem and I'm working in a fix to this (I'm probably gonna release it tomorrow).

What you can do for now is:
- Go to your %appdata%
- Enter in the folder beatmap-station
- Delete the langs folder

Also, before doing this, it'd be better if you checked your task manager to make sure that any instance of the process "javaw.exe" aren't running.

If it doesn't work or if you have any question, please enter in contact with me ^-^
Again, I'm sorry for this.
Kenyy

Eber wrote:

Kenyy23 wrote:

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm already aware of this problem and I'm working in a fix to this (I'm probably gonna release it tomorrow).

What you can do for now is:
- Go to your %appdata%
- Enter in the folder beatmap-station
- Delete the langs folder

Also, before doing this, it'd be better if you checked your task manager to make sure that any instance of the process "javaw.exe" aren't running.

If it doesn't work or if you have any question, please enter in contact with me ^-^
Again, I'm sorry for this.

Its working now, thanks!
Topic Starter
Eber
So, I fixed that bug. It was related to the language system, that was a bit broken, and the single-instance system made on the last version, which wasn't working.

I also fixed other things. Here're all the changes:

1. - Now the single-instance system should be working.
  2. - Fixed some problems of the language system, making it check the update only for the selected language.
  3. - Errors thrown during the splash screen will now be displayed in a dialog box.
  4. - Fixed downloads being downloaded 'till the end, even if they were cancelled by the user. (reported by [ Neopolitan ])
  5. - Fixed tray window positioning for people who anchor the task bar in other places other than the bottom. (reported by [ Neopolitan ])

Hope you guys like it.
ILikeRamen
Hey could you add an option to hide already installed beatmaps ?
meowing
I've been having an issue with trying to run this on Mac. Loading the jar gives me a message saying "/Users/--------/Documents/BeatmapStation v2018.07.28.2.2.jar/beatmap-station: Not a directory".

When clicking show details.
java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /Users/--------/Documents/BeatmapStation v2018.07.28.2.2.jar/beatmap-station: Not a directory
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.checkAccess(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.createDirectories(Unknown Source)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.Main$1$1.call(Main.java:271)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.Main$1$1.call(Main.java:1)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$executeTask$6(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$executeTask$7(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I hope you can help me with this.
Topic Starter
Eber

Moltqn wrote:

I've been having an issue with trying to run this on Mac. Loading the jar gives me a message saying
[...]
I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks for reporting it! I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I hope it's fixed now.
To be honest, I didn't test this in other operating systems other than Windows, so if you could keep giving your feedback if you see anything weird, I'd really appreciate it =]

As always, I fixed other little things too.

1. - App's directory shouldn't be attempted to be created inside the app's jar when in operating systems that aren't Windows. (reported by Moltqn)
  2. - Checking if a beatmap is being downloaded is now a synchronized method.
  3. - Chat handler won't die anymore if an exception is thrown.

You can download it on the main thread.

ILikeRamen wrote:

Hey could you add an option to hide already installed beatmaps ?

Yes, I actually can. I'm figuring out how to properly do it since the last update.
I don't wanna to just hide them from the search results (this would lead to an inconsistent amount of beatmaps per page), instead of it I wanna keep the pages filled with beatmaps you don't have.
Maybe this feature will be present on the next update =]
meowing
Another issue has arisen. Clicking "Search Beatmaps" just greys out the button and nothing happens.

Log
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javafx.scene.text.Font.impl_getNativeFont()Ljava/lang/Object;
at com.eber.beatmapstation.util.Util.computeTextWidth(Util.java:474)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.scene.component.layout.CachedControlPagination.changed(CachedControlPagination.java:200)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$Generic.fireValueChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl$TextProperty.fireValueChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl$TextProperty.markInvalid(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl$TextProperty.controlContentHasChanged(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl$TextProperty.access$1600(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl.lambda$new$0(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper$SingleInvalidation.fireValueChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.binding.ExpressionHelper.fireValueChangedEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextField$TextFieldContent.insert(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl.replaceText(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl.filterAndSet(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl.access$900(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl$TextProperty.doSet(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl$TextProperty.set(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.TextInputControl.setText(Unknown Source)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.scene.component.layout.CachedControlPagination.<init>(CachedControlPagination.java:112)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.scene.component.layout.CachedBeatmapPagination.<init>(CachedBeatmapPagination.java:62)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.scene.dialog.search.DownloadBeatmaps.<init>(DownloadBeatmaps.java:442)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.scene.DownloadPanel.lambda$10(DownloadPanel.java:187)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventHandlerManager.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.BasicEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventDispatchChainImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.scene.Node.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/javafx.scene.control.Button.fire(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/com.sun.javafx.scene.control.behavior.ButtonBehavior.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at javafx.controls/com.sun.javafx.scene.control.inputmap.InputMap.handle(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler$NormalEventHandlerRecord.handleBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventHandler.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.CompositeEventDispatcher.dispatchBubblingEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/com.sun.javafx.event.EventUtil.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.base/javafx.event.Event.fireEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.process(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.scene.Scene$MouseHandler.access$1300(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.scene.Scene.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/javafx.scene.Scene$ScenePeerListener.mouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler$MouseEventNotification.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.lambda$handleMouseEvent$2(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.QuantumToolkit.runWithoutRenderLock(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.tk.quantum.GlassViewEventHandler.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.View.handleMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.View.notifyMouse(Unknown Source)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.mac.MacView.notifyMouse(Unknown Source)
ILikeRamen
idk why but i get this error now
worked a few hours ago

java.io.EOFException
at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.peekByte(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.skipCustomData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.library.BeatmapLibrary.scan(BeatmapLibrary.java:108)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.Main.show(Main.java:357)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.Main.access$4(Main.java:329)
at com.eber.beatmapstation.Main$1$1.call(Main.java:317)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$null$493(Service.java:725)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$executeTask$494(Service.java:724)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Topic Starter
Eber

ILikeRamen wrote:

worked a few hours ago

java.io.EOFException

Looks like the app's song library file is corrupted. For now, you can probably solve this doing the following:
While BeatmapStation is closed, please delete the file "songs.db", localized at %appdata%\beatmap-station, and start it. This'll make BeatmapStation check your installed maps again.

I'm sorry for this. I'll take a look at the code when I have some time and try to find a solution for this problem.
ILikeRamen

Eber wrote:

ILikeRamen wrote:

worked a few hours ago

java.io.EOFException

Looks like the app's song library file is corrupted. For now, you probably solve this doing the following:
While BeatmapStation is closed, please delete the file "songs.db", localized at %appdata%\beatmap-station, and start it. This'll make BeatmapStation check your installed maps again.

I'm sorry for this. I'll take a look at the code when I have some time and try to find a solution for this problem.

Ok thank you it works now
Topic Starter
Eber
BeatmapStation is now translated to Russian! (thanks a lot to i3ym ^-^)
This language should now be available on the settings window without needing to update it.

Also, this weekend I'll probably release a new update which fixes some bugs that prevent the app from running normally for Mac users.
ILikeRamen
I could help with a German Translation c:
Topic Starter
Eber

ILikeRamen wrote:

You're welcome! If you're gonna stick into translating BeatmapStation, please make a pull request on its repository =]

If you have any question, don't hesitate to get in touch with me in any place (in-game, PM, etc). I'm more active on Discord tho: Eber#3054
[ Neopolitan ]
10/10, never buying supp again -q
Haibara-Chan
I kept getting this exception:

https://imgur.com/a/EWe0UGO
Topic Starter
Eber

Haibara-Chan wrote:

I kept getting this exception:

https://imgur.com/a/EWe0UGO

Hi! I'm really sorry for this problem. It should be fixed now.

I'd like to apologize the delay, but I'm finally releasing the new version.
I've fixed some issues that were preventing mac users from opening the app and also opening the search dialog (thanks to Moltqn).

I've also added a error reporting dialog that will appear during the splash screen if the last app's execution had any error. Of course, you can dismiss if you don't wanna to report anything :)

Here's the full changelog:
  1. - Text width calculation was using a native method which wasn't working in some operating systems. Now it should be working in a more reliable way.
  2. - An error message will now appear if an attempt to run the app with any other Java version other than 8.
  3. - BeatmapStation won't die anymore if the Chat folder doesn't exist. (reported by Fusyon and Haibara-Chan).
  4. - Added a error reporting dialog.

Hope you guys like it ^-^
powaful3000
curious how well it will deal with 400k beatmaps

even though everything is on an SSD it seems to be loading forever

https://imgur.com/a/rJHPd4c
Kenyy
uhm help maps are not dloading

https://imgur.com/FYAM5uw
Topic Starter
Eber

powaful3000 wrote:

Hmm, I've never seen this issue. Please try to delete the app's folder (%appdata%\beatmap-station on Windows) while the app is closed and open it again. Also, please check your Java version is under the compatible versions.

Kenyy23 wrote:

uhm help maps are not dloading
https://imgur.com/FYAM5uw

It seems all the mirrors the app was using to download the maps are experiencing some problems (osu.uu.gl is currently down and it was used to download the majority of maps), so we can just hope they get working fine as soon as possible. If they don't get back working, I'll try to find some new mirrors on this weekend and add them to the app. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
powaful3000

Eber wrote:

powaful3000 wrote:

Hmm, I've never seen this issue. Please try to delete the app's folder (%appdata%\beatmap-station on Windows) while the app is closed and open it again. Also, please check your Java version is under the compatible versions.

I just killed javaw.exe and opened it a couple of times and after like the third try it worked... Seems to be fine now idk 8-)

and yes osu.uu.gl is down for some reason :? :o
powaful3000

osu.uu.gl wrote:

서비스 종료 예정
최근 osu 비트맵 페이지 변경으로 현재 더 이상 새로운 곡이 업데이트되고 있지 않고 이를 유지보수할 시간이 더이상 없어서 조만간 서비스를 종료할 예정입니다.

Service close
Due to a recent osu beatmap page change, we are not updating any more new beatmaps at this time. I will be close service soon because I no longer have time to maintain it
Doesn't look like we should expect it to come back up at all or any time soon. :(
Albertlovecandy
megafuse
downloads stopped working btw https://i.imgur.com/0G5d7yn.png
ILikeRamen

megafuse wrote:

downloads stopped working btw https://i.imgur.com/0G5d7yn.png

the mirrors are currently down :/
Merami Fox

Eber wrote:

ILikeRamen wrote:

You're welcome! If you're gonna stick into translating BeatmapStation, please make a pull request on its repository =]

If you have any question, don't hesitate to get in touch with me in any place (in-game, PM, etc). I'm more active on Discord tho: Eber#3054

the program wont even show up for me
Dalmatiner
Is this project still supported (because for me the mirror site is not available and so does the programm crash)?
Topic Starter
Eber

Dalmatiner wrote:

Is this project still supported (because for me the mirror site is not available and so does the programm crash)?

Hello!
Yes, you're right. Since the mirrors went down, the app will crash because there aren't any sources to download the maps.

Yet you probably can ask me if there's any new mirror which can replace it. And the answer is yes.
The thing is, I was in the middle of a rewrite of the app when those mirrors went down, so I can't just replace them easily.
In other hand, I'm currently in university and doing an internship, so I'm kind of busy to finish it right now.

But don't worry, I'll release a new version eventually, because during my free time, I'm working on it slowly, since I wanna turn my projects open-source.

TL;DR: No source mirrors to download, busy to finish the new version, but gotta release it eventually
oSumAtrIX
Ingame UI injection anytime soon?
MarcoZG
I having This Problem :`v
Yonaton
Is there any way to set a different beatmap library then using one in your osu install folder? It greys out the beatmap folder location when I select a install location for osu and my songs folder is located in a different hard drive.
Bobby656

MarcoZG wrote:

I having This Problem :`v

I'm getting the same thing, Tell me if you ever get a fix