forum

QWIZ Puzzle Challenge [REGISTRATION CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wizardoffail

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, and welcome to the QWIZ Puzzle Challenge!

Several months ago, I showed my brother and his friends a puzzle I made about identifying planets of the solar system by color. They spent 20 minutes arguing over which one the sun was.

I haven't stopped making puzzles since.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the QWIZ Puzzle Challenge?

The QWIZ Puzzle Challenge is a competitive, team-based puzzle hunt taking place over a two-week period. Teams will race to complete as many puzzles as they can before time is up.

For each puzzle, players will be presented a folder containing one or more files. Within those files is a single word encrypted somewhere, somehow. Your goal is to find it.

The QWIZ Puzzle Challenge will consist of 25 unique puzzles spread out across five difficulty categories. The difficulty will range from World 1, which contains the easiest puzzles of the bunch, to the treacherous World 5. The first level (puzzle) of each world will be available at the start of the challenge, and each subsequent level will be unlocked by completing the previous level of said world. The first team to complete all five worlds will be named the winner of the competition! Remaining teams will continue to compete after a winner has been announced, and will be ranked according to the total number of puzzles they've solved. Puzzles will also be unlocked automatically with time, so teams still have the opportunity to continue solving puzzles even if they get stuck on one.

The forum below is for comments, questions, and registration! (Details below)

Here are the moderators of the competition:

Ciel, Hydria, spoon, Niloss, InfyniteTaco

FAQ

Q. How many people can I have on my team?
A. Teams will have between 2 and 3 players, though 3 is recommended. Don't have a teammate? Post about it below!

Q. When do we start solving?
A. The competition is scheduled to begin May 1. This may change depending on the interest this event recieves, but warning will be given far in advance if any dates change.

Q. What should I expect from these puzzles? Will I be able to use the internet?
A. The puzzles you'll be tackling will come in the form of images, text, audio files and several other formats, and will involve general knowledge from a multitude of subjects. There's not a team that will have all the information they need to solve every puzzle immediately. If you get stuck on a puzzle, I strongly recommend doing some research online!

Q. How can I express my team spirit?
A. Each team will provide a team name for the competition. Please don't make your name offensive on purpose, we'll be able to tell.

Q. How will my awesomely-named team communicate?
A. After signing up, teams will be invited to the QWIZ Discord server. Each team will have a private text channel dedicated to solving puzzles together. It is REQUIRED for all team members to join the server so the staff can track progress and catch any pesky cheaters!

Q. This all feels a little intimidating. Will the puzzles be hard?

A. Even if you think you're no good at puzzles, I still recommend giving it a try! Some puzzles will automatically unlock over time, so there will always be something new to see. Grab some friends and take on the challenge!

If any other questions arise, feel free to message me directly or post about it in the forum below!

Leaderboard

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VLETemiM_pm_eUw5rSKvZPSziakf5oaWFZ8Hfv9FxMA
Check out how your team is doing!

Before you sign up, make sure all the members of your team have read this entire post!
To sign up, simply make a post that includes:
1. Team Name
2. First Member
3. Second Member
4. Third Member (Optional)

Your team will be invited to the Discord server from there!

One Last Thing

This is first and foremost a passion project. I am in no way a professional puzzle maker, and this event is, if nothing else, the culmination of several months of a hobby I've been working on particularly vigorously. That being said, I have spent a lot of time trying to ensure that I provide a well-made and engaging competition. I appreciate any and all feedback, and I genuinely hope everybody who competes has a great time. A big thanks to Parachor for letting me essentially copy his puzzle challenge format and enduring my endless questions, and a big thanks to Nivrad00 for the beautiful banner and Discord logo he made just for this event.

Good luck! And the sun is probably the big yellow one.
Pope Gadget
HELL YEA

The Basement Trio
  1. Pope Gadget
  2. TheToaphster
  3. Chrubble
Theme tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBxkrNEFAto
Razzy
i am so ready

Pyrrha Nikos Memorial Team (alt. JN_R)
  1. juankristal
  2. Noxus
  3. Razzy
Parachor
Hype!

Let's All Love Lain
  1. Parachor
  2. PotassiumF
  3. Nivrad00
nya10
Terserah lu :v
1. nya10
2. Rexeez
3. dika312
Vivace
Aus CN Flag Meetup
  1. fuji
  2. Chiem
  3. Quite Cynical
silmarilen
I'm looking for a team. I'm not the best at puzzles but i do enjoy them and i try my best as long as the other people in the team try as well. In parachor's last puzzle challenge i managed to solve about 10 puzzles before i gave up because of the lack of interest of my team.
Thoams
this was so much fun last time.

Apraxia
1. DigitalHypno
2. Thoams
3. dEMK_mEMS
noctisv_v
MFWPTG
1. noctisv_v
2. Exarch
3. Corim
Kotori-Chan
Neko Dominators
1. Kotori-Chan
2. Lazer
Lothus
PÃO MANUAL COM VINA
1.Lothus
2. Noasz
3. Shinora-
silmarilen
Anything
1. silmarilen
2. moosepi
3. pheon
MesterFest
Planetarium
1. Mester Fest
2. Toasty Mustard
3. A Rando
Hiria
Los Multifacéticos
Valelup
Rythze
Inuk
dracrosinos
go play opus magnum

1. dracrosinos
2. Sharqosity
3. xRaZx
Deppyforce
nobelium uranium

Deppyforce
Seaweed
redcrosssix
Tantei B
Les Efiens

Tantei B
Vulcairn
Raverdy
Frustration
Fabrica de Princesas

Frustration
AutotelicBrown
shadowsnoop
Venix
Wyimaginowani Prestidigitatorzy
1. Venix
2. Chalwa
3. Galkan
lemonguy
fortnite for life
1. Gekido-
2. stupud kid231
3. stupud man
Mentholzzz
®4¥4®|{ $4( (there is a space between ' { ' and ' $ ' but it is quite hard to see)
1. Mentholzzz
2. Polytetral
3. Raveille
DarthSkrill
Late Night Pizza Courier Bakers
1. Nadavv
2. GrilledCheeese
3. DarthSkrill
Hokichi
505: Brain Not Found
1. Hokichi
2. _DT3