forum

Fuck SOPA. ACTA is serious business.

posted
Total Posts
show more
thelewa
Oh well we're going to be living in a dystopia soon, and then we'll have interesting lives of doing nothing fun.

I wish for a nuclear war so much.
Vish024
At least we still have our lives.
Topic Starter
maal
And so it begins. I'll mention the names who have signed the ACTA, up to this date. Following countries, are: UK, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

Yes, that's quite a whole bunch. Source will be in OP. I'll keep this topic updated.
Galkan
Prime minister of Poland has informed that any governmental analyses and consultations regarding ACTA will begin soon ó_ó'
Yeah, excellent idea to read and interpretate a document after signing it >:(
silmarilen

Emaal wrote:

And so it begins. I'll mention the names who have signed the ACTA, up to this date. Following countries, are: UK, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

Yes, that's quite a whole bunch. Source will be in OP. I'll keep this topic updated.
im glad to see the netherlands isnt in that list (yet)
Xagrok
Ok, I'm glad Germany isn't in... Yet, but I'm afraid that'll change, too.
Dammit, from what you posted here, it's gonna be like the DDR if it's allowed. We're screwed.
Mianki
sadfasdfsdfassadf
Cyclohexane
>France

heh, not surprised.
Let's see how they can deal with this
Mercurial
Argentina is not there

*partyhard*
awp
from what I've heard, this was signed like 3 months ago (but more countries are recently signing on), and it kind of doesn't do anything for any country that already has laws in place to prevent the kind of stuff
Larto

iMercurial wrote:

Argentina is not there

Gabi
Poland wins

VelperK
Gotta love "representative democracy" :D
Rena-chan

Emaal wrote:

Emaal wrote:

Denmark
Well, shit.
Topic Starter
maal

Rena-chan wrote:

Emaal wrote:

Emaal wrote:

Denmark
Well, shit.
I know the feel bro..
Daru
My theory is that the leaders who signed this read it the same way that everybody reads EULAs.
Rena-chan

Daru wrote:

My theory is that the leaders who signed this read it the same way that everybody reads EULAs.
You know, I think you might be right.
Sterlin_old
Common, filesharing is way to easy nowadays. Every idiot does it. I miss the days where you had to log into IRC chats to get your files, now you just click on a link and everything is settled ...
The times where we meet in cellars of friends with all our pc equipment and shared everything we had were way better than this "internet thing". Plus all those tards with their filesharing make my ping go high and overload the web. fml.
Chris_old

Sterlin wrote:

Common, filesharing is way to easy nowadays. Every idiot does it. I miss the days where you had to log into IRC chats to get your files, now you just click on a link and everything is settled ...
The times where we meet in cellars of friends with all our pc equipment and shared everything we had were way better than this "internet thing". Plus all those tards with their filesharing make my ping go high and overload the web. fml.
how did you get files without the internet

also that is incredibly inconvenient, meeting in a cellar

that's like claiming washing your clothes by beating them with a rock in a stream and hanging them out is better than a washer and a dryer
Wojjan

Chris wrote:

Sterlin wrote:

how did you get files without the internet

also that is incredibly inconvenient, meeting in a cellar

that's like claiming washing your clothes by beating them with a rock in a stream and hanging them out is better than a washer and a dryer
Chris discovers hipsters
Sterlin_old
Magic.
HerpDerp.

Where should I start..
Hm..

It's obviously GREED , obsessive GREED , and it will create war. It isn't your average American or European , it is Business , it is an all consuming Evil that knows no end. Any business is afflicted , the bigger the business , the greater its greed. As a business it is run to gain more profit EVERY year than the last , and to gain a bigger empire , it is one of the great Evils of today , and is brought about by Money.

It is never satisfied , it will always consume more , and why .... there is NO reason at all , except for being aware of the fact that those who have desire in them will never be satisfied and content , for they will always desire more , and the more one group , or person , accumulates , the less the rest of us have. It will never find a point of being content , or happy , for it is confusion that drives the greed.

I'm lucky , I am content and truly at peace in myself , I have Love in my family(well some love xD) , and friends , I do not seek to take from others , but to give , to give words that help others find peace within themselves , and to help them understand that desire can never be satisfied , and to all make do with what we all have , and this contentment and inner peace within us all , is the only way to wage war against this evil , with peace , and understanding

Don't worry about it , for this Greed will consume itself eventually , and a new era of peace has already begun , and it stretches across borders and religions , and there are people who are being trained to deal with this evil , and though it may do allot of damage yet , it will eventually be wiped of the face of the earth.

There are more good people in the world than bad , and the less confused we are as to what life is really all about , the greater our power against them.

Therefore, fuck your ACTA nonsense.
Wojjan
nvm chris discovers idiots
Cyclohexane
tl;dr but I kinda agree with the last sentence
Sterlin_old
the world is such a nice place.

if only people would stop making stupid laws.

it would be nicer.
Shellghost
But if we don't have control over everything then we will...

Yea, I can't even come up with a sarcastic reason.
Vish024
This wouldn't happen in Australia, simply because our government is too busy arguing amongst themselves.
mathexpert

LaVolpe024 wrote:

This wouldn't happen in Australia, simply because our government is too busy arguing amongst themselves.
The US government is also busy arguing amongst themselves, yet bullshit still happens.
Shellghost
The US Government knows about the existence of the internet though.
Mercurial

Larto wrote:

These Icecream is bad for you.
Larto
Mercurial
ACTA is like the Larto's pumpkin. (?
Topic Starter
maal
Please be serious.
VelperK

Emaal wrote:

Please be serious.
Mercurial

VelperK wrote:

Emaal wrote:

Please be serious.
VelperK always in the right way.

It's off-topic, no general discussion.

Meh.
Sterlin_old
should I rant more?
Ok.

Before the Internet existed Software Piracy was just as much common place, (and a concern) then as it is today, but was it prevented: HELL NO.

Back then, (in that Dark Past) "File Sharing" meant that Stuff wasn't shared electronically, but was transferred on a Physical Medium like Floppy Disks, and as for Sharing Music; "Twin Deck" Machines, (specially designed for Copying Tapes) were marketed and sold, which practically everyone used.

Most Software "Piracy" was performed by "Underground Cracking" Groups, (who earned competitive reputations to be the best in their field) with each "Cell" concentrated on one specific Hardware Platform; be it Commodore, Atari, Macintosh, or for the Fledgling PC's emerging. Knowledge of "The Goods" was Spread by Word of Mouth, whilst the actual "Copies" passed by Hand, and were even delivered through the Post in "Brown Wrapped Parcels". Normally you just covered the price of the Physical Medium plus any delivery cost involved.

Interestingly the most reliable supplier of Pirated Software, (and a direct contact for one of the best dedicated Cracking Groups in the UK) my parents knew was not some "Seedy Spotty Faced Nerd", but an Officer of the Law. Yes a Police Officer. In fact this honourable and dutiful enforcer of all that is "Good and Decent" had no qualms about File Sharing Software with "Friends".

So where does ACTA leave us now....

Just like Prohibition, (The Illegal Sale and Consumption of Alcohol) failed, so trying to prevent Software Piracy by clamping the Internet will Fail. It will continue via other "Forms of Medium" for example Memory Sticks, DVD/Blueray Disks or even via Mobile Devices using WiFi, Bluetooth, Edge etc. Such is the nature of File Sharing.

However the biggest problem which this ill conceived and short sighted piece of legislation creates, isn't anything to do with preventing "Theft". It's to do with stifling Freedom of Information and the ability to Share knowledge for the benefit of Humankind. The Internet has been solely responsible for the fastest and most rapid expansion of Human Communication and Sharing Knowledge than anything else combined since Humankind learnt to speak.

To pass a Law which deliberately cripples the right of sharing information is insanity and at worst Dictatorship, something which to date the Internet has been primarily instrumental in Globally overthrowing such repressive regimes.

Too much?

o.O
bagnz0r
Fuck ACTA. It doesn't do any harm.
*trololo*
Topic Starter
maal

VelperK wrote:

Emaal wrote:

Please be serious.
ha.
Topic Starter