forum

File Upload Site Information

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mara
I think Mediafire has deleted some files as well.
Derekku

LunaticMara wrote:

I think Mediafire has deleted some files as well.
whaaaaaaat no no no no no
thelewa
It's the rapture
dNextGen
i'd like to see that all the remaining hosting sites to block all IP adresses from US
Mashley

akrolsmir wrote:

next thing you know puush will be closing
I doubt it, since puush is primarily an image sharing service.
maal

Mashley wrote:

akrolsmir wrote:

I doubt it, since puush is primarily an image sharing service.
Megaupload's intention was only to share legal files, and not the illegale ones. People did the opposite though. Now, couldn't that happen to puush too? Yes it could. People can abuse it, some way or another.
thelewa

Emaal wrote:

Megaupload's intention was only to share legal files, and not the illegale ones. People did the opposite though. Now, couldn't that happen to puush too? Yes it could. People can abuse it, some way or another.
So instead of sharing images

people will share moving pictures

oh my god
Haseo_old

akrolsmir wrote:

Vish024
Meh, new file sharing sites will pop up I'm sure. This is the interwebs.
Roloko

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Meh, new file sharing sites will pop up I'm sure. This is the interwebs.
This is what I say too. Just wait until the government and the FBI calm their tits then when everyone goes back to their usual lives more sites will be created. Cause the internet is infinite and the FBI and government can't shut down all of them. I don't think it would be a good idea to create new ones now since everyone is panicking and the FBI is on high alert.

I'm just going to miss downloading manga scans and anime music for a while I still hope I will be able to read Reborn and Pandora Hearts. :(

Our country just needs to stop dicking around with everything.
Kitsunemimi
I swear Roloko, if only your name was Roko--................... sheesh that would be so confusing ._.
-Lunasa-
If anything bad happen to mediafire
all the beatmap pack will gone
dNextGen

Roloko wrote:

Our country just needs to stop dicking around with everything.
):
Roloko

Kirisaki_Hayashi wrote:

If anything bad happen to mediafire
all the beatmap pack will gone
"MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI"

from another site well there goes the best site to get character soundtracks and manga scans. Dx
peppy

Emaal wrote:

Megaupload's intent was to make profit from other people distributing illegal files. This is how they worked internally. They paid uploaders that sourced large numbers of downloads, and raked in the cash from advertising. If you do enough research you will find confessions from previous employees that make this very clear.

puush does none of the above, and also takes DMCA requests very seriously. Nothing will be happening to it, unless services like Dropbox are targeted first. This is highly unlikely.

Will be interesting to see what happens to mediafire. They seem to have pulled their act together recently, but who knows.
bagnz0r

@ppy: Let me put this cool file on puu.sh:
チャットモンチー - 告白.zip

Just kidding.
Kitsunemimi

bagnz0r wrote:

acta sucks balls
Hah, I actually lol'd at this one xD
Dafydd
Man, I liked mediafire. Sucks if they would go the same path as megaupload. :(
DerekMcD
Well, DailyMotion deleted new anime episodes recently, so I refused to watch the first episdoe of Milky Holmes 2 on other video sites because I prefer DailyMotion more. If it's still, I'll giving up on goodanime.net/anime44.net and watch stuff on Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Crackle. Because I had enough with watch fansubs....

Look at these people from Japan got themselves arrested after uploading illegally on a software called "Share".

I suggest y'all to join Crunchyroll.
ziin
scare tactics.

mediafire always deletes stuff quickly.
Roloko

kokoroanime wrote:

Well, DailyMotion deleted new anime episodes recently, so I refused to watch the first episdoe of Milky Holmes 2 on other video sites because I prefer DailyMotion more. If it's still, I'll giving up on goodanime.net/anime44.net and watch stuff on Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Crackle. Because I had enough with watch fansubs....

Look at these people from Japan got themselves arrested after uploading illegally on a software called "Share".

Hmm Daily Lives of Highschool Boys and Gundam AGE seem to be unaffected on Dailymotion.

Its probably because Milky Holmes 2 is licensed for legal streaming on NicoNico so since your in the US just watch it there. I find it kinda strange that Crunchyroll didn't pick it up seeing as how they have the first season. =/
DerekMcD

Roloko wrote:

kokoroanime wrote:

Hmm Daily Lives of Highschool Boys and Gundam AGE seem to be unaffected on Dailymotion.

Its probably because Milky Holmes 2 is licensed for legal streaming on NicoNico so since your in the US just watch it there. I find it kinda strange that Crunchyroll didn't pick it up seeing as how they have the first season. =/
Last season, I wanted to watch C3 episodes on Niconico instead of the fansubs, but it charged membership to watch all episodes. But sadly, I don't have a membership for this...

This is what we have to watch anime with official English subs.

- Veoh
- DailyMotion
- Crunchyroll Worldwide
- Funimation and Anime Network on Hulu.
- Anime (some of them dubbed by Animax Asia) on Crackle.
- YouTube Worldwide
Mara
^ No.
Shellghost
Just stick to making threads instead of posts so that Pokebis can praise them ironically.
thelewa
^ Great piece of advice, I need my daily dose of "Post photos of your afgadfg"
those
The Mayans were predicting the end of the World...

Wide Web.
YodaSnipe

those wrote:

The Mayans were predicting the end of the World...

Wide Web.
oh snap
Rantai
So uh I heard mediafire is going to be wiped clean and shut down.
ziin
[citation needed]
Rantai
Yeah I'm looking for it. <only heard about it>
-Lunasa-
To be honest

OSU is also the one distributing songs..........
Topic Starter
ampzz
... no shit?

The difference is that peppy does not ask for money to use this service at all.
Donations are just that, nothing more.
Zelmarked

ampzz wrote:

... no shit?

The difference is that peppy does not ask for money to use this service at all.
Donations are just that, nothing more.
Indirectly however, he is profiting. While it is free to play, the fun of the game which, in large part is attributed to the music, incites one to donate from their enjoyment they are having.

But two things help osu!'s side:
Its direct intentions are of a game. It's far from a flagrant piracy site.
Its size. Osu! Is far from being a big distributor of copyright.

It's an infraction...But one can only hope copyright holders don't worry about a little game not intending to become a file distributor.
thelewa
Is Peppy really profiting? What does he get profit from? All of the funds from donations are used for osu iirc.

Edit: It's not like he's doing this for money, or to make a living.
Zelmarked
Profit was a incorrect word for it. Profit is the term used to describe when revenue surpasses expenses. I don't know either figures in this case and furthermore I meant income/revenue.
thelewa
I don't see any problem with it, if he happens to get more donations than the servers cost to keep up then he can just save the money for a time when he needs it to pay for the servers, it's not like the amount of donations per month is fixed, it can change.
Mercurial
Go peppy, go upload all the beatmap packs on puush.

o/
Zelmarked
That's fine and dandy but the copyright holders don't give a shit,really. They will take down a site running with no income if they get a whiff their content is on said site. And since they've got the law on their side....Yea.

ACTA is to be signed by Europe today actually. Where as osu.ppy.sh is hosted in the UK, a part of the EU. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As I said the intentions and size of osu! will stave a take-down, but only for so long.
Kitsunemimi

iMercurial wrote:

o/
This would actually be so genious.
DeathxShinigami

Kitsunemimi wrote:

iMercurial wrote:

o/
This would actually be so genious.
I -could- actually do this.

I just may if osz2 isn't publically released if and when mediafire goes down.

Thanks for remembering me guys.
show more