forum

Asian Taiko Showdown 2018 [Concluded]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fajar13k

ATS 2018, short for Asian Taiko Showdown 2018, is a double elimination one-on-one osu!taiko tournament hosted by fajar13k. Previously, ATS was known as Indonesian Taiko Showdown (IDTS). This is the 2nd installment of the tournament and extension from the Indonesia region to Asia.

Livestream | Join the ATS Discord | Asian Taiko Showdown Statistics

This is Asian Taiko Showdown's Discussion thread.
Check our Wiki Page for the main page.

Proposed Schedules

Registration Phase: April 21, 2018 - May 26, 2018
Drawings: May 27, 2018 (19:00 UTC+7)
Group Stage: June 2, 2018 - June 3, 2018
Round of 16: June 9, 2018 - June 10, 2018
Quarterfinals: June 16, 2018 - June 17, 2018
Semifinals: June 23, 2018 - June 24, 2018
Finals: July 30, 2018 - July 1, 2018
Grand Finals: July 8, 2018

Prizes

First Place: 1 month of osu!supporter tag, userpage banner
Second Place: Userpage Banner
Third Place: Userpage Banner

Tournament Staffs

Organizers:
fajar13k, JDrago14

Map Selectors:
Guardistack-, cdhsausageboy, Lightning Wyvern

Commentators:
Jaye, Niko-nyan, janitoreihil, Das

Streamer:
SakuraFrost-

Designers:
OsuMe65, fajar13k, Valelup

Referees:
-GN Junior, Valelup, Asagaki, Pochacco, Alwaysyukaz, tkdLolly, pmriva, XK2238

Statiscians:
fajar13k, JDrago14

Thank you for taking your time to read this thread.
Discuss things with other players :)
Bedwyr Aorta
\o/
Topic Starter
fajar13k
Registration is now open.
Unite!
Beat43210
FINALLY A 1V1 TAIKO TOURNEY. Only been like 8 months since there’s been one and it was WAY back in AUSU 2017
Briesmas
Hello.

I've never participated in a tournament but i'm kind of intersted however i have a few questions. I don't know if it's the right place to ask so please redirect me if i'm in the wrong place.

I'd like to know 3 things:
-what is the average length of a match? The first stages are during some of my exams and if it takes more than 1h/2h i don't think i'll participate.
-is it a problem if i'm a low pp player? I see that the limit is up until 8500pp so i don't want to be out of place. I'm wondering if i'm good enough to participate.
-what are usually the hours when the matches are held? I actually have a japanese flag but I live in Europe. Since it's an Asian focused tournament i guess the hours is adapted for there (obviously). I'd like to know approximatively when you intend to play.

Sorry for my English it's not my first language so if i wasn't clear please ask me.
Thanks for reading.
Beat43210
I've taken part in at least 6 taiko tournaments over the past 10 or so months so I'll give you my insight based on my previous experience.

The average length of a match depends on multiple things. The number of players involved in a match (which isn't really a factor since this is a 1v1), the win requirement (first to 4,5,6,7 etc.), the average length of each mappool, the average time it takes for players to pick and ban maps. On top of that you got to consider warmups by both players and the possibility of issues that might arise from either players, bancho, refs or streamers as its tends to happen in every round at least once. A general rule of thumb I use is for a match that has one warmup per player + first to 4 win condition. I say around 75 minutes maximum unless a serious issue delays the match. Most matches take between 30-60 minutes but I always assume that it'll be a close game that reaches tiebreaker point. So when planning your match times and days keep in mind that it should take up 75 minutes of your time. For every increase in first to x matches (as they increase it from first to 4 to first to 5) you should add 15 minutes to your expected match time.

It is not a problem what your PP is. In ANY tournament, there is either a rank condition, a pp condition or no conditions. In this tournament the top 150 players in taiko are not allowed to play and you gotta be in Asia+Australia+Russia to play. Other than that they don't care what your pp is. This tourney is expected to have 32-64 players. The only time your PP is a problem is when over 64 players sign up. At that point they will only take the highest 64 players that sign up. This probably won't be an issue so you don't need to worry about this I've been playing in tournaments since I was 6k in rank with around 2.8K pp. once we get more info about the range of skill of the players signing up, we will have a good idea of what difficulty of maps to start with. My guess is that the maps will begin at approximately the 4* level however, just because it's 4* doesn't mean it'll be easy take shiwatse for example from the TWC group stage earlier this year. Honestly you're probably end up being in the top half of the competition. I assure you in this setting you'll fit right in.

The hours are adapted in the sense of scheduling and streaming for the most part, however that being said the scheduling in any tournament ultimately comes down to whoever is playing. Naturally, the tournament staff will create a schedule for all players taking place at the evening time for players but you are free to talk your opponent and reschedule for another day or time.
Briesmas
Alright. Thanks for the response. I'll try to see how busy I'll be and then maybe sign up. :)
Noko_BSF
Hype
Topic Starter
fajar13k
We're now at 24 participants, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Hit that sign-up button uwu~
OsuMe65

English

Drawings will start tomorrow, on the following time zones below, at the #drawings-roll-the-dice of the ATS 2018 Discord Server. The said drawings will not be streamed.
There will be separate map pools for Finals and Grand Finals of the tournament.

繁體中文

明天將會進入分組階段,於下方提供的時間,在 ATS 2018 Discord Server 的 #drawings-roll-the-dice 舉行。分組將不會被直播。
這個比賽的決賽和總決賽將會使用獨立的圖池。

日本語

ATS 2018 Discord Serverの#drawing-roll-the-diceチャンネルで、以下のタイムゾーンで明日から抽選が開始されます。抽選のストリーム配信は行われません。
ファイナルとグランドファイナルでは、別々のマッププールが使用されます。

한국어

대진표 편성이 내일 시작됩니다. 하단의 시간대를 따라 ATS 2018 디스코드의 #drawings-roll-the-dice 채널에서 진행됩니다. 편성은 방송송출되지 않습니다.
결승과 준결승은 분리된 맵풀을 사용합니다.

Bahasa Indonesia

Pengundian peserta ATS akan dimulai besok, mengikuti zona waktu berikut, di Discord Server ATS 2018, channel #drawings-roll-the-dice. Informasi tambahan, Pengundian tidak akan disiarkan secara langsung.
Informasi lainnya, map pool untuk Babak Final dan Grand Final akan memiliki map pool terpisah.

15:00 UTC+3 | 16:00 UTC+4 | 17:00 UTC+5 | 17:30 UTC+5.5 | 18:00 UTC+6 | 19:00 UTC+7 | 20:00 UTC+8
21:00 UTC+9 | 22:00 UTC+10
Asagi Mutsuki
that art <3
OsuMe65

English

The following are the list of participants and their respective groups.
Qualifying Stages will start on 1st of June, 2018; Group Stages will start on 2nd of June, 2018.
Map pools for the Qualifying Stages should be announced before the said event. Should we fail to announce, we express our utmost apologies.

繁體中文

日本語

한국어

다음은 참가자 및 각자의 그룹 목록입니다.
예선 경기는 2018년 6월 1일부터 시작됩니다; 그룹 스테이지는 6월 2일부터 시작됩니다.
예선 경기의 맵풀은 상기 이벤트 전에 발표될 것입니다.
만약 발표가 되지 않는다면, 우리가 할 수 있는 최대한의 사과를 하겠습니다.

Bahasa Indonesia

Berikut merupakan daftar peserta beserta grup nya.
Babak Kualifikasi akan dimulai pada 1 Juni 2018; Babak Grup akan dimulai pada 2 Juni 2018.
Kiriman ini dapat dilihat di Forum. Map pool untuk Babak Kualifikasi sudah bisa diunduh. Mohon maaf atas segala kesalahan yang kami lakukan sampai saat ini.