forum

Autumn (Spring) 2012 Anime season Line-Up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ampzz
With not even being more than three episodes into some of this current seasonal offering we're finding out which titles will be on offer for the upcoming:

I can comfortably state a few anime which have me interested, these include:
  1. Fate/Zero S2 - self explanatory and best anime of the season/ year.
  2. Medaka Box - I quite enjoy the manga, hopefully the anime transition isn't bad.
  3. Sankarea - Reasonably cute girl turns into a zombie with a romantic tinge, mhmm~
  4. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - wont spoil this, just not too hot on another hetare male lead..
  5. Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead - wasn't satisfied with how the first season finished? Here's a second season out of nowhere!
  6. Zetman - adaptation of a relatively decent manga title? I'm sold up until they disappoint me with a quality drop or skipping large segments of the context from the manga.
  7. Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA - only an OVA but will still bring about twentyish minutes of laughter!
  8. Another OVA - just have to see it for completionist sake.
  9. Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. - the series of this was a really nice recommendation from UnderminE and now I have more enjoyment to look forward to? Thank you very much.
  10. Acchi Kocchi - Delightful light-hearted comedy with a tinge of romance which is actually quite good.
Biggest WTF moment was realising that Strike Witches was getting a god·damn movie?
Add to that Thomas the Tank Engine?
adam2046
Saki was the best show about magical lesbians playing mahjong that I've ever seen, so I'm definitely watching the spinoff.
mathexpert
Koi-ken - sounds extremely generic, but I'll probably try it anyways.
Sankarea - Interesting enough, kawaii art :3
Gundam unicorn ova 5 - continuing this series of ovas :)

that's about it for now, usually I pick up a few more after reading blog posts depending on their review of the first ep.

adam2046 wrote:

magical lesbians playing mahjong
brb watching saki
Rantai
I was wondering when that Strike Witches movie was going to come along.

Might watch Saki but otherwise nothing overly interesting catches my eye this round.
Gabi
horrible line-up
Haneii
Strike Witches movie...

Gabi wrote:

horrible line-up
Meh. Looks better than the current season.

Finally, something to look forward to.
blissfulyoshi
Random opinions:

Medaka Box: I have a feeling the anime is going to fail at first because the manga did not become an action series until about 25 chapters in, so we will have a bunch of boring things about the judo club, swimming team, and the like T_T. If the anime gets to class 13, I will be extremely excited, but until then......

Saki: Achiga-hen: Why is this one so much further ahead plot wise then the original series (manga just finished the 6th chapter and it is already at the nationals semifinals while the standard series is on the 92nd chapter with the captains match on the quarterfinals after skipping bits of the first match) Oh well Kuromo makes a quick appearance, so all is well. Well, I guess I don't like the characters in a-side as much as the main storyline, but I guess it will fulfill my need for saki stuff until the nationals arc can finally be animated.

Accel World: After reading the first volume of the light novel, I can't say it was the most entertaining read in the world.Most of it was traditional shonen stuff in a sci-fi location. There wasn't much humor to supplement the plot either, so if this show is to succeed, the director better be really good at telling a story or adding in content because this is definitely one of the weaker light novels I have come across (strangely enough, I found the manga somewhat entertaining, so there might be some hope here)

I might add more later.
Tenshi
Only ones I'm interested in are the three sequels, excluding Kimi to Boku.

If this trend continues, I might actually be able to finish my anime backlog. o/
CapnDavid
I'll check some of them later.
SG-88
Eureka Seven Ao - Yes. Sold. Sign me up.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Wait, what? How are they gonna do this without Nishizaki and Matsumoto?

Strike Witches: The Movie - *Facepalm*

Other than that, *groan* moe.
UnderminE
AZAZEL-SAAAAAAAAN

Also noooooo Gainax ;_; that anime looks horrible. I'll watch it anyway

ampzz wrote:

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san. - the series of this was a really nice recommendation from UnderminE and now I have more enjoyment to look forward to? Thank you very much.
I think that's the last episode of OVA (http://myanimelist.net/anime/7762/Yonde ... Azazel-san.). But it says OAD so not sure about the episode. Anyways you are welcome \:D/
Dafydd
Looking forward to Fate Zero and also maybe the astronaut anime.

I still wished the anime guys release a Phoenix Wright Anime.
So much for that fake anime list a year ago. :(
Synchrostar
why no koichoco
YodaSnipe

Haneii wrote:

Meh. Looks better than the current season.

Finally, something to look forward to.
I disagree, this season there are THREE good anime... instead of just two...
/me points at Fate Zero 2, and Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?

Edit: ZOMG failed to see SYD ova /win
Topic Starter
ampzz
Updated with latest chart from neregate and oh my... some of the inclusions are just, "What the heck were they thinking?"

Adding Acchi Kocchi to my list.
blissfulyoshi
Random thoughts:
T_T, more soccer anime? That seems to be the most popular sport to make an anime for right now.
Also, how is Gokujo getting a second season, the first 3 episodes didn't even air on TV. (Who knows about episode 4)
Thomas the tank engine, wow it has been a while since I have this, I really wonder how this is going to turn out... (I probably won't watch it)
I guess I am one of the few ppl here who was looking forward to the strike witches movie xD.
Ibuki Suika
KissXsis OAD7
Dafydd
Might watch Thomas and Friends then.
mathexpert

Dafydd wrote:

Might watch Thomas and Friends then.
me too, but I hope it doesn't turn into another fanservice harem anime.
ziin
atlantis, trains, wolves, and zombies holy shit. 3 things I never expected to see like ever.

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I guess I am one of the few ppl here who was looking forward to the strike witches movie xD.
There's a big difference between watching it for the hell of it and looking forward to it. This is one of those "fuck it there's nothing else to watch".
mekadon_old
why no koichoco
seconded :(:(:(:(
NeoRainier
Actually following Medaka box, i hope that the anime won't disappoint me...and i also consider interesting Tasogare Otome x Amnesia.
Yeah, looking forward for those two
Dafydd
Why nobody likes Thomas.
UnderminE

ampzz wrote:

Updated with latest chart from neregate and oh my... some of the inclusions are just, "What the heck were they thinking?"

Adding Acchi Kocchi to my list.
Same. Acchi Kocchi looks stupid and funny.
vizzy
Looking forward to more Fate/Zero and Eureka Seven. Everything else is a maybe.
Sinistro
This season feels pretty weak to me. Not even the previews caught my eye much. I'll guess I'll maybe try Zetman and Accel World?

Fate/zero is a given, though. I've missed Alexander the Bro Broskander the King of Bronquerors it.
Mogsy
What I will definitely be watching:
  1. Sakamichi no Apollon
  2. Tsuritama
  3. Uchuu Kyoudai
  4. Zetman
  5. Accel World
  6. Ozuma
  7. Hyou-ka
  8. Sengoku Collection
  9. Shining Hearts
  10. Kimi to Boku. S2
Might also give that Silver Link show a shot, along with Nyaruko-san. I will also probably be beaten into watching Medaka Box.

Seriously, though, guys, Apollon has an all-star development team behind it. Look into it.
YodaSnipe
Kay I'm adding every anime with hot girls to my list of anime to watch.

let's do it shining hearts i c u!
show more