forum

Do you use the new version of osu! website?

posted
Total Posts
show more
DXPOHIHIHI
The old one was still better
Zeeno

mewsapphire wrote:

Personally I think that the old one is more pleasing to the eye
I honestly think the new one is better laid out than the other one.
Just my opinion though.
Zeeno

Mackenzie wrote:

i use the new one. more comfortable for my eyes
Same m8
jecsham
I like the new version
-Makishima S-
Site only I don't mind. It is well made, despite having problem with performance due loaded scripts.

I wouldn't mind forum if:
- threads where I posted were marked
- there was paging (I am old BBS user, infinite scroll is just not practical at all, there is "move to post" but still - move to post != check page x)
- there was less scripts which just takes resources for no reason

Lots of ways to improve site, I would start from reworking scripts, more complex wordpress sites tend to take less resources than new website, not to mention forum.

Old forum reminds me of old BBS forum schema, it is just perfect - practical, weight almost nothing, load instantly even on garbage internet from mobile phone while traveling - which means everything what BBS should have. New forum is just triumph of form over content right now, require lots of optimization and work to match old forum performance and usability.
beachTurkey
i like the original better huehuehue
diseum_old
I prefer the new site, it's more appealing.
Piscius
i use the old version, is better in my opinion
:lol:
Husa

[Taiga] wrote:

Site only I don't mind. It is well made, despite having problem with performance due loaded scripts.

- there was paging (I am old BBS user, infinite scroll is just not practical at all, there is "move to post" but still - move to post != check page x)

Lots of ways to improve site, I would start from reworking scripts, more complex wordpress sites tend to take less resources than new website, not to mention forum.

Old forum reminds me of old BBS forum schema, it is just perfect - practical, weight almost nothing, load instantly even on garbage internet from mobile phone while traveling - which means everything what BBS should have. New forum is just triumph of form over content right now, require lots of optimization and work to match old forum performance and usability.
same
Kirika
I enjoy the modern look of the new one, but the old one has a simpler feel to it which is pleasing to the eye. Overall I am using the new one as I am attempting to adapt.
Chadol
I hated the new website at first, but I got used to it, and now I like it more
plopop0
I got here like literally moments before the new website design was released. I was so used to seeing my friends' going to the osu website and its layout. But as time went on and I think personally the profile page is much better than the old one. Your rank is shown, former name is shown, I still want the line graph to be bigger tho, the pp is shown too, you can customize what you see first and I got used to it now. As for the forums howeverrrrrr, infinite scrolling is just too weird and the images, gifs, and signatures gets loaded slower than the old layout. But seeing different forums taking this modern look to it, I guess it would be time to get used to it tho.

But I still don't agree that forums should be overall mobile-friendly AND computer-friendly, in computers you would have the advantage of seeing more on your screen not less, smartphones has a limit and that's why there are specific UI's dedicated to smartphone screens. That's why Windows 8 was a disaster.
Almalu
I prefer the new one.
kuirivito
I'm just an extreme sucker for a sleek, polished user interface. The new website's interface is literally orgasmic to me. And I feel that I have a right to say that because I've been around since the old website was the only website. The new one works very well and looks beautiful. I definitely prefer the new one.
Achromalia
In general, for the profile, I'd like to see the new format, but...

For what i enjoy most, as i tend to stick around the Off-Topic forum a lot, I would like the old one better, in terms of forum layout.

Both have their strengths.

The old one is comfortable, nostalgic, and homely.

The new one is sleek, stimulating, and modern.

But honestly, I prefer the old one. I use the old one all the time. If I need to look at specific stats in my profile, sure, I'll switch to the new one for a quick second, but I'd swiftly switch it back to the old site once I'm done and go back to the forums.

As some have stated, the old one is simple and when using the forums, easier and more intuitive to use.

This sums up some of the reasons why I prefer the old one as well:

Husa wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

same
mulraf
when this topic was created i would've said the old one definitely, but by now i've gotten kinda used to the new one mostly. but i still think it could be better. i saw flyte's other new design teasers which i hope will take over soon as it looks the best imho.
Zorakage
I like the new version more than I liked the old one, altough I wasn't around that much at the time but I do enjoy the modern things a bit more than the old when it comes to stuff like this.
TheNioky3600
I like more the new version because it's more agreeable for the eyes and for navigating
abraker
I have to use new one if my posts get too big
Daylight--
[deleted]
TheGuillaume
The new one because it looks cleaner
DominekGo
I still didin't get used to it, so using old website feels more comfortable to me.
Reverri
sometimes old
sometimes new
all versions have some disadvantages
nasutiya_old
old one because new one is slow and i don't like the look of it
DeletedUser_8734694
CatzerTM
I use the new website. i'm not very familiar with the old website since it's only been around for a while when I joined osu
Jordarrian
I find the new version more appealing to look at
KenjiBot
I'm using the new one because I like things modern
RemmyX25
If I don't start using new osu!, im going to be stuck in the old, and I've been with that for a very long time. It's time I moved on
Szetiark
Only using the new one for forums since it's easier to navigate. Old for everything else
Unam_T
I started with the new. I also try the old but I think the new are better.
Aruka
Its so hard to navigate anything on the new site so no, I use the old version as I'm comfortable with it.