forum

Any horror anime?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cefienna

Accelerator-kun wrote:

This is realistic, that's why it's so bad compared to other perfect anime girls/boys.
That is a very good point; I think School Days isn't really about being all ponies and rainbows like other harem shows, but instead is a deconstruction of the genre. If you really think about it, having feelings for the person everyone is head over heels for sure is a painful issue, and while barely anybody in real life goes all yandere like the girls here, it's still closer to reality. Like, all dem pretty faces in your usual harem anime would usually go "I LOVE HIM SO I WANT HIM TO BE HAPPY, DOESN'T MATTER IF HE NEEDS ANOTHER BITCH GIRL FOR THAT". Well yeah, it doesn't happen irl. Not often anyway 8|

And Makoto just seized the opportunity really. Besides he's there for the watcher to hate him, so he fits his role rather well.

... I dunno, I'm not good at explaining stuff, haha. But yeah, basically, this show isn't supposed to be taken too seriously, and you gotta change your point of view a little to enjoy it. After you stomach the fact that it's not even trying to be your usual harem anime, it gets better.
Accelerator-kun

Cefienna wrote:

Accelerator-kun wrote:

This is realistic, that's why it's so bad compared to other perfect anime girls/boys.
That is a very good point; I think School Days isn't really about being all ponies and rainbows like other harem shows, but instead is a deconstruction of the genre. If you really think about it, having feelings for the person everyone is head over heels for sure is a painful issue, and while barely anybody in real life goes all yandere like the girls here, it's still closer to reality. Like, all dem pretty faces in your usual harem anime would usually go "I LOVE HIM SO I WANT HIM TO BE HAPPY, DOESN'T MATTER IF HE NEEDS ANOTHER BITCH GIRL FOR THAT". Well yeah, it doesn't happen irl. Not often anyway 8|

And Makoto just seized the opportunity really. Besides he's there for the watcher to hate him, so he fits his role rather well.

... I dunno, I'm not good at explaining stuff, haha. But yeah, basically, this show isn't supposed to be taken too seriously, and you gotta change your point of view a little to enjoy it. After you stomach the fact that it's not even trying to be your usual harem anime, it gets better.
Well, I've just finished (10 minutes ago) to watch it. My impressions were linked with the first 6 episodes. Now I have to say that School Days is clearly exaggerated (seriously, I found the threesome with the other class with a bad taste) but yeah, it's a "parody" of the genre. I think it really makes you think, after all lots of guys think with the dick. I liked the ending, a well done escalation of insanity. The scene with the bag was disturbing. Also, I've searched for all the bad endings that can happen in the videogame for PS2 and they are all as brutal as the "original" (talking of the anime, School Days hasn't a real ending, cause it's from a novel). I can't say that School Days is a bad anime. It's just... different. And I like things that tries to make you think.
And I also love free gore.
The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

I'm watching it in these days. I'm at episode 6. Where is the bad part? This is realistic, that's why it's so bad compared to other perfect anime girls/boys.
Also, the music is well done. Just watch the end of episode 6, with Katsura running to Makoto, with a happy music on background which suddendly stop when she reach the roof. And then, after she saw Makoto and Sekai kissing, it plays the classical sound that usually plays in horror/thriller shows when something important comes up... that really pumped me. Now I MUST watch episode 7, I MUST know how the story will develop! This is definetely NOT a classical romance (yes, we all know the ending... but don't think at it for now). Just watch Sekai's face... she makes a lot of "Higurashi style" looks... clearly not a good sign.
You haven't watched it yet?

Well, Makoto is not the problem here. He fills the need to be hated perfectly, so I wouldn't care for his ass.

But the problem here is that there is no one that's using logic here. Sure, it's closer to reality because teenagers are usually driven by their hormones (damnit). But really, at least there has to be someone with sense around here. The girls are pretty much falling for that dude just because of a random rumor, and reality-wise that's just stupid. Don't you have any sense before keeping it up with that guy (especially that girl who's in love with Makoto's best friend)? Also, how Katsura was in despair when she found out is just illogical. She just let some random dude f her up without retaliation?

Really, what's with the characters? Makoto is a dumbass, but he was supposed to be that. The others are just plain f-ing stupid.
Allyses
Nurarihyon no mago.

or Another and Tasogare Otome x amnesia, which I haven't watched, but I heard it's horrific
The Ribbon Red

Allyses wrote:

Nurarihyon no mago.
That's yokai-focused shounen action. So...

No.
Allyses

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Allyses wrote:

Nurarihyon no mago.
That's yokai-focused shounen action. So...

No.
then, only the other two?
antibiotik
Shiki
Ghost Stories
Deadman Wonderland :D
The Ribbon Red

Allyses wrote:

then, only the other two?
Perhaps.
Rumerjose
The Anime entitled "Another" is a good one.
Tsukimi Luna
Die
bagiaaa
Kara no Kyoukai is quite horror, much more emphasized on the actions though but still good to me.
deadbeat
can i just say, i love how people suggested umineko and higurashi even though the op said (s)he had all ready seen them
isirys
Ookami Kakushi is a very cool horror anime ^^
Net-Nue
ghost@school (so old one)
Genkishi
I recommend Another and Higurashi no Naku koro ni
Kunieda
Jigoku Shoujo 1&2
mathexpert
How does this 8-month old thread have 10 pages and why is it still alive?

The world may never know.
deadbeat
because people don't know that all that all they are doing is posting what was all ready mentioned ._.
Yafutsufa

Haneii wrote:

ampzz wrote:

Haneii wrote:
K-ON

Just die.
I still get nightmares from time to time :(
dem nightmares D:
Roberta10
-
noneed
Naruto

Shit's crazy scary, wouldn'trecommend/10
Tesu
Try Another
Lance
Cropzy
Elfen lied.
School days (ending counts as horror)
Hirugarashi
Another.
Deadman wonderland
Mirai nikki
H.O.T.D (if it counts)
Darker than black (not really horror but a must see)
Club to death angel dokuro chan
Loading_old
Higurashi, Umineko.....
Another? I don't scared at all from this anime
420Guy

Loading wrote:

Higurashi, Umineko.....
Another? I don't scared at all from this anime
An anime can't scare you, they are just brutal.
Kazuminati
Higurashi no naku koro Ni.
Mirai Nikki
Another
BoKeR_FM

Haneii wrote:

Gantz, Hellsing, and K-ON?
K-ON ?

are you drunk ?
deadbeat
this thread has long outlived it's purpose. going to lock. use this thread if you're looking for suggestions -> t/90118