forum

Any horror anime?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Irisu_old
Does anyone have a good horror animes I can watch? I've alredy watched higurashi no naku koro ni and umineko,but I want more. Any suggestions? :?:
Weez
Mirai Nikki, not really horror but if you like higurashi then you'll like it
Shiro
Ghost Hunt. You'll freak the shit out of your pants. (and shit in them)
Haneii
Gantz, Hellsing, and K-ON?
Bakario

Haneii wrote:

Gantz, Hellsing, and K-ON?
oh,so much horror ._.

try shiki..maybe another,too
ampzz

Haneii wrote:

K-ON
Just die.

Proper horror anime recommendations are as follows with some random inclusions:
  1. Ayakashi - sort of crap in some story plot holes.
  2. Beserk - old but good.
  3. Blood-C - if you can stomach bad anime give this a try.
  4. Blood+ - vampire theme with a different outlook on the whole thing.
  5. Claymore - a must see.
  6. Deadman Wonderland - Has another season in the works but even just what is shown is worth it.
  7. Gantz - worth the watch just to say you've seen it at least.
  8. Ghost Hunt - enjoyable.
  9. Hellsing - watch all of this, classic.
  10. Highschool of the Dead - think zombie horror from a high schooler's perspective, slap in some fan service (high dosage of course) and there you go.
  11. Jigoku Shoujo - this and its two sequels and very good to see.
  12. Kemonozume - put the art style aside if it's not your thing and there's a very nice story to follow.
  13. Monster - nothing needs to be said, watch it.
  14. Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi - just a warning that this is very mature...
  15. Ookami Kakushi - really iffy about 'recommending' this title but it might be something to watch.
  16. Shiki - another vampire themed anime but was done really nicely to portry a, "What will happen next?" feeling throughout the series.
  17. Shikabane Hime: Aka - an interesting take on the undead theme; wont go into details as that would spoil it. It does have a sequel which polishes up the storyline nicely.
  18. Shingetsutan Tsukihime - another must-see title.
  19. Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho: Tou - School kids with magically tuned powers fighting against the forces of darkness, etc.
  20. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - decent vampire flick.
This should set you up for a few days worth of anime to see.

- Edit1 -
Just one more I forgot to include from this season itself:
  1. Another - from just the first two episodes it has already given off a very nice eerie feeling with correct use of lull audio segments.
- Edit 2 -
Just a side note, do not bother watching Elfen Lied as its anime adaptation was abysmal at best with more focus on gore and tits than the actual storyline plot which was a decent read.

All of the anime names are hot-linked to their respective MyAnimeList pages.
Minty Gum
A new one just came out about 2 weeks ago, called "Another." Mystery-horror, and designs by Noizi Ito (from Haruhi Suzumiya and Shakugan no Shana.) I haven't watched it yet, but I'm planning to.

Plot:
SPOILER
26 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she was still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Kōichi Sakakibara transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is a beautiful, aloof girl named Misaki Mei who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures.

Backfire
wolfn
Elfen Lied fits I suppose, and is a must see if you haven't already, though unlikely.
Haneii

ampzz wrote:

Haneii wrote:
K-ON

Just die.
I still get nightmares from time to time :(
CapnDavid
Try "Another" even though I've never saw this series yet.
K a Y e
Blood C
Blood +
Hell Girl

That's only a few!
Navizel

david huhh wrote:

Try "Another" even though I've never saw this series yet.
This.

Higurashi, Blood+, School Days.

<-- I searched anime which has a genre of Horror and this came out >.>
UnderminE
Higurashi is not a horror anime ;__; Well, I know it's so scary but it really is something different than a horror anime. And if you can't understand "the message" you probably will say "what a boring anime." Anyways.

Horror;
Monster - Classic.
Hellsing - Classic and very short. You should watch Hellsing Ultimate too.
Mononoke - Well, it's not that scary but uhh kinda mysteric. Also weird animation style.
Berserk - Classic. Old styled animation.
Another - Currently airing. Maybe you should watch this first.
Elfen Lied - Kinda romantic, kinda dramatic. But it's a "must see" anime. (Vext ;_;)
Ayakashi - Man this is just.. amazing. Horror stories, also includes "Mononoke" chapter.
Gantz - This is just <3 Well I don't know if you like reading manga but you should read its manga. Anime includes first 80 chapters (or so) of manga. Also it's a seinen O/ (and there is a second season)
Shiki - Animation is good. Story is good. Ending is good. Musics are good. Characters are good. I'm sure you will like this one.

Movie suggestions;
Perfect Blue - Satoshi Kon. I can't say anything about this. MUST SEE. MUST MUST SEE.
Paprika - Satoshi Kon + Susumu Hirasawa = Classic. Kinda fantastic, kinda enjoyable and kinda scary. "This is your brain on anime." enough said.
Faust
K-ON and it's sequel definitely qualify as horror.

Really.
Disease_old_1

Haneii wrote:

K-ON K-ON K-ON K-ON
Disease_old_1

Haneii wrote:

K-ON K-ON K-ON K-ON K-ON K-ON K-ON
UnderminE
K-ON is something more than horror. Seriously.
FisHie_old
I WARNED YOU ABOUT K-ON BRO I TOLD YOU DOG
Maxer00

ampzz wrote:

Haneii wrote:

K-ON
Just die.
Hey! I liked that show!.. It's about card games right?
show more