forum

[Archived] Can I somehow switch back to fallback?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ExploXd
Problem Details:
Hello! So I installed Linux and then PlayOnLinux and then osu! in. It works but i had to download discord-rpc.dll because I was stucked on the osu! update window. Yes now it works but it's unplayable i guess because of the client updating loop. I know some people which had fallback and they was able to play with that. But now you really can't. I would like if anyone knows any advice than "INSTALL WINDOWS HAHA". I'm not sure if Bancho works with the fallback. I could get somewhere the fallback folder but I really don't know if i can login. Thanks.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180401cuttingedge
Stanvord
You can use the old installer here to start in fallback.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Stanvord wrote:

You can use the old installer here to start in fallback.

Don't suggest this.

You should be able to bypass that issue by manually putting the required .dll file into your osu! install. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x17jM9fnbyfbGM9vY6H54UXWECSILwlY/view?usp=sharing
^ That link isn't an official file or source, so attempt at your own risk (but I'm sure it's fine)

You can also apparently just make a bank file and name it discord-rpc.dll and it will "work"

This could have adverse effects on your client, but I haven't really had any reported.