forum

MamoruP x Ryou & Micchan feat. Kasane Teto - Tachimukae! Kim

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Noffy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 11:33:24 AM

Artist: MamoruP x Ryou & Micchan feat. Kasane Teto
Title: Tachimukae! Kimi wa Kakkoii!
Tags: Confront! Confront You look so cool! Face it! you're cool VOCALOID UTAU anime PV きゅっきゅっきゅっニャー Kyukkyukkyun'nyaa 大丈夫!君はカッコイイ!~試作~ Daijoubu! Daijoubu ~Shisaku~ Shisaku Jonawaga Kotori-Chan Kotori Cloudchaser Aloda Ayyri eiri- JeirYagtama Jeir TV Size
BPM: 163.15
Filesize: 10456kb
Play Time: 01:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Aloda's Futsuu (2.08 stars, 171 notes)
  2. Aloda's Kantan (1.33 stars, 104 notes)
  3. Ayyri's Inner Oni (3.92 stars, 397 notes)
  4. Cloudchaser's Insane (4.97 stars, 279 notes)
  5. Easy (1.56 stars, 77 notes)
  6. Insane (4.34 stars, 255 notes)
  7. Jeir's Platter (3.27 stars, 156 notes)
  8. Jeir's Rain (4.19 stars, 182 notes)
  9. Jon's Hard (3.15 stars, 176 notes)
  10. Kotori-Chan's Insane (4.45 stars, 243 notes)
  11. Muzukashii (2.69 stars, 239 notes)
  12. Normal (2.23 stars, 117 notes)
  13. Oni (3.22 stars, 305 notes)
Download: MamoruP x Ryou & Micchan feat. Kasane Teto - Tachimukae! Kimi wa Kakkoii!
Download: MamoruP x Ryou & Micchan feat. Kasane Teto - Tachimukae! Kimi wa Kakkoii! (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Mapset by Noffy, Jonawaga, Kotori-Chan, Cloudchaser,
Aloda, Ayyri, JeirYagtama

~Uploaded for Kasane Teto's 10th anniversary~

nicovideo (PV) | YouTube (PV, reprint) | nicovideo | YouTube (reprint)

Easy, Normal, Insane, Muzukashii, Oni, and most hitsounding by Noffy
Hard by Jonawaga
Insane #2 and its Hitsounds by Kotori-Chan
Insane #3 by Cloudchaser
Kantan, Futsuu by Aloda
Inner Oni by Ayyri
Platter, Rain by JeirYagtama

Big thanks to WildOne94 for helping me fix the song!

"let's make/host a mapset of a popular teto song to upload for her 10th annivesary" i thought
"it'll be fun" i thought.

NO. NO!!! NOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT AT ALL!! YOU THINK THIS MAPSET'S BIGGEST PROBLEM IS THAT IT'S A 3 MODE HYBRID? YOU'RE DEAD WRONG.

Well FIRST OF ALL. WHO ON EARTH MAKES A SONG ... 163... POINT FIFTEEN BPM?
OVER 5 PEOPLE LOOKED AT IT, AND WE WERE WRONG ALL ALONG, we TRIED SO HARD. WE HAD SO MANY TIMING POINTS. Like, goodness gracious, just look at this! BUT ALL ALONG. WE JUST HAD THE WRONG DECIMAL TO START WITH. Read the box below for the old details!

Old Box of Rage
The timing is HORRIBLE. Beyond BAD. I'm gonna straight up need to remake the ending to make it less horrible. The vocals at the very end go totally out of sync from the drums. Time the drums, feels off because the vocals are more prominent, time the vocals, plays like poopidypoo because they aren't following any stable bpm anymore they're just doing whatever. How on earth does someone mess up the timing for vocals made in a midi-esque program on a computer so badly?!
LIKE I EVEN ASKED PISHIFAT ABOUT THE ENDING AT ONE POINT, you know what he had to say?

I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO HIM!!! If my current plan doesn't work out, i'm GOING TO DELETE THE ENDING. FROM EVERY DIFF. GOOD . RIDDANCE.
The rest of the song is just weird as heck, but at least it plays fine and is basically unnoticeable during gameplay. It was still stupid and had to go through several people for me to be sure it is timed correctly though. If this gets dq'd for timing I'm gonna throw a FIT, not because it got dq'd, but beCAUSE THE TIMING IN THIS SONG IS JUST SO BAD. Why does the offset sometimes reset?! Why does the bpm change between 163 and 163.25 and then a few other variations?! WHY?!?!?

SECOND OF ALL. The metadata is HORRIBLE. You think this is the original song? NO. The original song was sung by Nagone Mako made by MamoruP. Then MamoruP made a second acapella version using 3 utau (mako, teto, and luna) which actually shares the title with the version I mapped. Yep, the original song doesn't even have the same title, great!
THEN THIS OTHER GUY. Ryou & Micchan. YES THAT IS ONE NAME. Yes I know it looks like it's two names. It's One. HE MAKES A REMIX USING TETO. THAT'S THE FULL VERSION OF WHAT I MAPPED.
THEN someone ELSE named Kyukkyukkyun'nyaa (yes I agree this name is super difficult to read) makes a 1 minute cut of that remix and this amazing pv that has over 1 million views on its reprint on youtube. it has 10x the views the original nicovideo upload of the PV video does. ANYWAYS, THIS ANIME STYLE PV IS BASICALLY AN UTAU CLASSIC BUT...
WHO TO CREDIT AS THE ARTIST?
I AIN'T GOT NO IDEA!!!!!
I used JOYSOUND AS MY REFERENCE, because it lists BOTH of the original composer and remixer (oh and feat. Teto that's a nice bonus). And also because Ryou & Micchan specifically mentioned the joysound on the remix's video's description, SO IT'S OK. IT'S THE BEST I HAVE TO GO ON.
YOU'RE NOT REALLY SUPPOSED TO USE JOYSOUND AS A METADATA REFERENCE BY THE WAY.
BUT IT'S THE BEST I GOT , THE ARTIST ISN'T EXPLICITLY STATED FOR THIS SPECIFIC VERSION anywhere else at all whatsoever
I got permission from lanturn so my metadata IS FINE JUST THIS ONCE.

THIRD OF ALL. the video was weird. For some reason when I initially tried to encode it, IT SLOWED ITSELF DOWN FOR NO APPARENT REASON. I'M STILL NOT ENTIRELY SURE WHY. SO the entire aspect of it syncing to the song and looking cool was ruined!! I had to go through several converters and hoops to get it OSU FRIENDLY and the correct speed!!. THEN!! i had to manually add letterboxing, because osu sucks. Why don't we have an option to add letterboxing for 4:3 videos when playing on a wider screen? osu just zooms in the video to be 16:9 but that cuts off the top and bottom. So I had to do some math to add letterboxing to the video myself so that the video file would be 16:9 and therefore look correct on both 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions. FOR THE LOVE OF TETO PLEASE PLAY WITH THE VIDEO AT LEAST ONCE IT TOOK A LOT OF EFFORT TO ADD IT.

Fourth of all On top of cropping the original image used as the background, I had to edit it in gimp to extend one of the light beams so that not too much of the original 4:3 image would need to be cropped out. This wasn't too bad though because I actually did that Three Years Ago.
AYYRI AND I WERE ORIGINALLY GOING TO MAP THIS SONG THREE YEARS AGO. That's a really long time!!!
HOLY GUACAMOLE!!
I still have the 15 seconds of the standard map she had started. My intro on insane is directly inspired by it.
At the time, she had stopped because she wasn't sure if the timing was right, it seemed a bit off. WELL HER EARS WERE MUCH KEENER THAN MINE.. Anyways, THIS MAPSET HAS BEEN A REALLY LONG TIME COMING.
Actually I started this project in January this year, we basically dropped it originally after she gave up on it.
BIG REVIVALS!

Fifth of all how the heck do i find mods and bns for modes besides standard :(

Sixth of all So, going back to the first of all point, the timing for this song still sucked. the drum offset weirdly shifts at the end, the vocals become slightly unquantized, i was hoping to just do the best thing to time the vocals and call it a day. But no no this would not do, because the drums and vocals were so out of sync it felt off and wrong no matter which one you timed the map to. So previously, I had tried to remake the ending of the song to fix this. However, no matter what I tried, I just couldn't get teto to sound the same. Verison after version after version, trying every iteration of every flag UTAU supported, trying all different combinations, and it Just. Woulnd't. Sound. Like. The Original. That is, until, months later, when I realized when trying again that the reason for this was I was using the wrong version of resampler, the wrong version of teto. I had to dig, find the upload for this song, and guess what versions of these assets the remixer had used based off of what was available at the time the song was made. THEN. finally. Finally I could remake the ending as a vocal track and it sound super close to the original. Then, THEN, WildOne94, bless his soul, was so kind as to mix the pieces together for me. Now it's fixed. Finally. I'm so glad, it sounds so beautiful. It brings tears to my eyes.

Seventh of all I KNOW FOR A FACT SOMEBODY OUT THERE WILL BE LIKE.. "omg. 1 minute map of a 2 minute song. The host only made three diffs" (actually five thank you very much, I made 3 for standard and 2 for taiko) "lazy af!!" because they didn't read the description. This set is driving me nuts, but i persist because the maps are good but JUST AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. This 1 MINUTE SET TOOK A LOT OF EFFORT I WANNA FSJKFSAL

🌻 For rank 🌻

----------------------------------------------------------

Eighth of All: added october 22nd

Despite all that complaining and details of effort in the description up above, it was well worth it. Sincerely..

thank you to all my lovely GDers for making difficulties for this project:
Jonawaga, Kotori-Chan, Cloudchaser, Aloda, Ayyri, JeirYagtama

Thank you to all those who tried to help time the song before we figured it out:
Veridian, Aloda, thzz, Alexsander, Seto Kousuke

thank you to the modders for helping us polish the mapset:
eiri-, Veridian, Ollapeu, Nifty, WildOne94, Pachiru, Nevo, Naotoshi, Net0, Astolfo, Alexsander, Nikakis, Stingy, Alexsander, Faputa, Spooky Mango, Vulkin, Sinnoh, clayton

thank you to the bns for checking and nominating this mapset for rank:
Nevo, Faputa, Sinnoh

thank you to Lanturn for helping check the metadata. thank you to wildone94 for helping mix the song. thanks to clayton for giving me the push i needed to try to fix the ending again.

Everyone, thank you very much. This mapset wouldn't be here without your contributions and help. 🌻
beaw

osu!std

Normal
  1. 00:01:392 (2,2) - Why not just make these 1/2 repeat sliders?
  2. 00:28:968 (4) - owo the last anchor isn't a straight line! (joke mod please don't kill me)
  3. 00:50:116 (3) - Can I please know how you did this? o.o
  4. 01:04:415 (1) - Why is this a slider when in the Easy, it's two notes?
Jon's Hard
  1. 00:02:496 (1) - tfw not a straight line (another joke mod pls)
  2. 00:15:193 (10,1) - Why is this the only 1/1 stack in the map? I think it's inconsistent and should match the others.
  3. 00:18:506 (1) - This isn't snapped!
  4. 01:04:415 (1) - Same suggestion as in the Normal diff?
Insane
Something I want to mention is the stream in the beginning and in the kiai. In my opinion, I think you should nerf them because there is a bit of a spread difference between Jon's Hard > Insane > Kotori-Chan's/Cloudchaser's Insanes. Since this insane is a bridge between the Hard and the other Insanes, I think you should maybe use kick sliders or repeat sliders to fill some of the sounds. You can do what you want, but I think you should shorten the streams a bit.
  1. 00:06:736 (1) - I think this would be better as just a note because there isn't much of a noise on its sliderend.
  2. 00:12:617 (12) - NC?
  3. 00:17:586 (3) - I literally have no idea what is going on with your sliders ;w;.
  4. 01:04:415 (1) - ok I'm not gonna mention it anymore
Kotori-Chan's Insane
  1. 00:02:496 - I think you should have some NCs around this area to denote the different patterns here. 00:03:416 (4) - Like here, maybe?
  2. 00:06:000 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - WOT ;W; THIS IS HARD REEEEEE but tbh I think it's fine except for that last jump. I'm picky though /w\.
  3. 00:11:878 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ,,, ;w; I don't really wanna say anything but I think this is too hard??? maybe???
Cloudchaser's Insane
  1. 00:02:496 - Same NC suggestion as above ^^;
  2. 00:11:878 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1) - AAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE YOUR PATTENS BUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;W; ULTRA HARD TO PLAY

osu!taiko

Aloda's Futsuu
  1. 00:02:496 - Here, you've got 2 finishers in the beginning of the pattern. 00:08:392 - This time, you've got 3. All of the other difficulties stay consistent with this particular pattern but I don't really have a way to fix it in this diff ;w;.
  2. 00:29:888 - I think you should map these to fill the gap between the diffs; http://puu.sh/AhBYJ/3af8a0aa8d.png
  3. 00:30:256 (75) - Make this a finisher? (In the Kantan, too).
  4. 00:34:673 - Why is there a stream here when the Muzu doesn't even have one?
  5. 00:36:152 - I suggesting mapping something like http://puu.sh/AhC4T/3d5bad7a84.jpg here to fill the gap between difficulties.
Oni
  1. 00:35:962 - Why is this the only diff with a triple here? This part also doesn't follow the finisher pattern of the other difficulties.