forum

Maintaining Stamina on Hard Maps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MeganeX
How do you pro's maintain your stamina when playing hard maps?
abraker
More efficient reading and better technique. Reading and technique are things that can be talked about how to do, but it takes learning on how to put it into practice. For example, pressing a key as quickly as possible. If you actually try, it will not work how you want it to because you need to force yourself to do it - meaning that it takes conscious effort to achieve, and as result, it will turn out to be slow. Once you have played enough, you would start doing it without realizing or without wasting too much effort because it will be ingrained into your muscle memory. Once something is ingrained into muscle memory, you do it subconsciously and do not really need to think about how to do it.
Yyorshire
play lighter
-Dom-
i have a mechanical keyboard with brown switches so i have taktile feedback to where i have to press my key. You basically dont press your key all the way down and tap lighter. the rest is just playing the game and you eventually build up enough stamina to endure 270 jumpstream over 4 mins or higher.
aitor98
I'll show you the true secret right here, right now.

I hope this helps you throughout your journey. Good luck!
Topic Starter
MeganeX

-Dom- wrote:

i have a mechanical keyboard with brown switches so i have taktile feedback to where i have to press my key. You basically dont press your key all the way down and tap lighter. the rest is just playing the game and you eventually build up enough stamina to endure 270 jumpstream over 4 mins or higher.

Does changing switches really help in stamina? I currently have a blue switch and changing from that to a rubber dome keyboard does make a difference, but that's a different case. So what switch is more efficient to use? I'm torn between red switches and brown.

Yyorshire wrote:

play lighter
How does one play lighter in jacks and split trills lol. (Idk what the pattern is called but it looks like a 2 trills at the same time).

I'm currently @ Dan 7 and trying to be 8th dan. But every time I play it, My accuracy becomes shit @ brute force. I can S both Kaguyahime and Brute force but not on 8th dan.
Hitarashi

MeganeX wrote:

How do you pro's maintain your stamina when playing hard maps?

Bro I am not the best but...
The way...
To be better...
Is only work harder...
Just play more and ur fingers stamina will be better believe me bro :D
Or go train to the gym I'm doing it and I have stronger hands and it's better than before :)
Bobbias
The biggest roadblock to playing lighter is when you tense your muscles up in order to either force yourself to play something when you're losing stamina (which increases stamina drain) or by trying to play faster than you can currently handle.

In both of those cases basically everyone ends up forcing their muscles to tense up, which slows you down and uses much more stmina than you would if you could hit the same patterns more lightly.

Sometimes the problem is that reading is delaying you just enough to be a problem. In this case, it will probably FEEL like a speed thing, but in reality your muscles are fast enough, but your brain itself isn't. In this case, you just need to practice reading more.

Sometimes, it's that you lack the technique to control yourself during certain patterns. The way to deal with this is quite obviously, to practice those kinds of patterns until you can control them properly.
abraker
this ^
Topic Starter
MeganeX
Thank you very much for that response Bobbias!