forum

What does truth look like?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Scioness
If you saw my "What makes a good avatar?" thread, you'll probably know why I'm asking this.

If truth had an appearance, if the emotion of a search for answers had a visual representation, what would it look like? What would it look like condensed into a square box?

Personally, I have this image that once I know the truth; once I have lived my life honestly; that I'll be complete. I'll be whole. I'll be happy. So, maybe the yearning for truth looks...incomplete. Maybe it looks like a hollow figurine trying to put its pieces together. Or maybe it likes like a road, leading somewhere no one has ever gone before.
I dunno, though. What do you guys think?
abraker
It is a fractal. For a single truth there is more than one questions to which there are truths to. Much like a fractal, you will only be able to look at it whole, the things laid out in front of you, and never know what all the smallest details look like.

A road leads you somewhere, a fractal is a surface of things to be looked at and learned from
Topic Starter
Scioness

abraker wrote:

It is a fractal. For a single truth there is more than one questions to which there are truths to. Much like a fractal, you will only be able to look at it whole, the things laid out in front of you, and never know what all the smallest details look like.

A road leads you somewhere, a fractal is a surface of things to be looked at and learned from

I really like that.